• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

How will this series end predictions

Rate this topic

LOL at people saying Wings in 6. There is absolutely no reason to think the Wings will rip off three straight wins. NONE.

Sure there is. 1 is because we're fans and that's what we want to see. 2 is that we've seen this team just flip a magic switch time and time again. I'm sure there's more, I just don't feel like delineating all of them :P

Wings in 7.

Doan with a (own) GWG in 3rd OT.

Oh, please, please no. Don't let it get that far, Wings.

I'm standing by my original prediction of Wings in 6.

Starting tomorrow night we begin to remind the league why we ARE the Franchise everyone wishes they were and the two time defending Western Conference Champs. Also to someone who said we are unable to win it all this year, if we give a damn I think the end of the regular season has shown we are capable of anything. We deal with the hot goalie in Phx and I think it gets easier from here this may well be the hardest opponent we see in the playoffs they have the Cinderella feel to them but I think the clock strikes midnight game six in JLA. GO WINGS

Guest mindfly

After yesterday's pathetic effort and no signs of tightening upp defensively Wings will go for a 1st round exit....it sucks to be a red wing supporter this season

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

Wings in 6.

I believe.

Wings don't have enough tough north american forechecking players

So which situation is worse, this one, or the one a few years ago when the Wings were down to the Canucks 2-0 and headed back to Vancouver? I believe they'll win Game 4 on Tuesday and then it's best of 3.

My prediction is the road team wins all the last games - Wings in 7! :sly:

Pittsburgh taught us last year that it ain't over until the fat lady* sings.

Right now I'm looking at Babcock and thinking-- can you make these guys play up to their potential? Lidstrom needs to bounce back and have a strong game. Today's effort from #5 was unacceptable. Same goes for Howard.

I'd also like to see Datsyuk's line be a more constant threat out there. Datsyuk looks dangerous but Franzen isn't himself. Hopefully his goal today can reverse his fortunes.

*Crosby's mom.

:lol: Is it sad that this is the first time I've smiled since I was at the pre-game skate yesterday?

I think people have vastly underestimated the depth of this Phoenix team. People kept talking about Shane Doan like he was the only legitimate scorer on the team, and I don't see that at all. They may be lacking pure top line scoring talent, but they have secondary scoring all over the lineup, plus, their defensive corps has been getting invovled.

I think if we win, it could take 7. Next game is so huge, though. If we win Game 4, I could see us dropping Game 5 on the road. If we lose Game 4, uh oh. Also, there's a good chance Osgood plays if we get to 3 losses, no matter what. It doesn't even have as much to do with how Howard is playing (which is pretty shaky) as it does with history and the fact that you don't want to get eliminated wondering how your historically clutch playoff goalie might have played differently--even if he's done nothing on the merits to suggest that he'd play well this year.

Thing is the Red Wings at their best are a much better team then Phoenix at their best.

It's just a matter of the Wings actually getting there, right now the Wings are beating themselves, I don't think Phoenix can play that much better then they already have. And the Wings besides a few decent periods can play much better.

After losses like last night's games, I tend to steer clear of this board until our next win simply because of certain people's negativeness. And after those kind of losses, the last thing I want to do is read posts where people have already given up on the Wings.

But :thumbup: to those of you posting here who still think positive, that's what I like. I still think Wings in 6, and if they lose tomorrow, I'll say Wings in 7. Regardless of what happens, many people wrote them off back in November, then December, and so on... I for one, am satisfied with them getting into the playoffs this year. I said any progress in the playoffs for this year is just a bonus, and I still feel that way.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but the Wings just look out of gas to me. Lots of hockey over the past few years. I think they're a better team than Phoenix but they just don't have the drive necessary this year.

Coyotes in 7.

abso-freakin'-lutely... more on this topic later but yes, they look really tired! I'm not sure why that would be though I'm a bit scared that, despite experience being a positive, age might be a problem for this group

Edited by w00p33

After losses like last night's games, I tend to steer clear of this board until our next win simply because of certain people's negativeness. And after those kind of losses, the last thing I want to do is read posts where people have already given up on the Wings.

But :thumbup: to those of you posting here who still think positive, that's what I like. I still think Wings in 6, and if they lose tomorrow, I'll say Wings in 7. Regardless of what happens, many people wrote them off back in November, then December, and so on... I for one, am satisfied with them getting into the playoffs this year. I said any progress in the playoffs for this year is just a bonus, and I still feel that way.

I think Wings can pull this one out yet, I'm not mad or sad about not winning game 3, just a little disappointed. I never had high hopes going into this post season. That said, 2 of the 4 goals by PHX were of the stoppable variety and Howie needs to tighten it up, but I'm not one of those fans who throws him under the bus and says "let's go Oz!" That said, on the goal where Lids came off a line change and PHX scored, he made a rare mistake and covered the net-crasher not the shooter and it just made me wonder where his mind was...

It's not just Lids though, Dats, Z, Fran, Homer Bert, Filp etc. etc. all seem to be in it offensively but the great two-way defensive play this team is usually known for seems to be lacking! Also Howie needs to play more like he did in the stretch after the Olympics... I don't want to see another Legace situation and no, I don't think Oz is the solution...

LOL at people saying Wings in 6. There is absolutely no reason to think the Wings will rip off three straight wins. NONE.

Um...this is rather routine. Look how quickly 3 wins pile up.

Game 4: Wings win, even the series.

Game 5: Wings ride momentum to a win.

Game 6: Due to two losses in a row (which is routine in playoffs), Phoenix panicks and loses Game 6.

So yes, it's entirely possible.

All the Wings need to do to Win this series is skate for the FULL 60min finish every single hit and not skate off alot of them like Cleary,Franzen,Kronwall,Bertuzzi all have. Oh and Datsyuk needs to shoot more he had at least 4 chances in the slot/inside the circles to shoot instead tries to make a fancy pass. Of all guys Bertuzzi figured out there D first, we can catch them so easy Bertuzzi had 2 breakaways but the puck bounced on him. Yotes D play so offensive that they can be caught in deep. If we can get back to our old breakouts and stretch passes it would defintly slow them down knowing they cant rush 5 guys everytime.

If the Mule shows, we win...

No Mule... No next round.

Exactly.

Franzen has been the X-Factor in the early rounds of the playoffs and he NEEDS TO BE THAT PLAYER AGAIN if they are to advance. Teams focus all their efforts on shutting down Zetterberg and Datsyuk leaving Franzen to fly under the radar a little bit. I think he needs to be on a line by himself (i.e. without Z and D) to throw off Phoenix's defensive concentration.

I'll stand by my original prediction of Wings in 7. I agree that the Coyotes have scoring depth beyond Doan, but I see him as the heart and soul of that team. While it's a team sport, I really think his health may be the deciding factor to tilt this one way or the other.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Guest Trilobite

Um...this is rather routine. Look how quickly 3 wins pile up.

Game 4: Wings win, even the series.

Game 5: Wings ride momentum to a win.

Game 6: Due to two losses in a row (which is routine in playoffs), Phoenix panicks and loses Game 6.

So yes, it's entirely possible.

I never said it wasn't possible, I said that there is no reason to think it will happen at this point. It's possible that death rays from Mars will kill the Coyotes in their sleep but I wouldn't bet on it.

I still think Wings in 6, and if they lose tomorrow, I'll say Wings in 7.

Hear, hear! :thumbup:

I say Wings in 6, because if it turns out to be 'Yotes in 5, this means I'd be stuck driving all the way to western Indiana for my horrible cousin's horrible wedding the day after an elimination loss. And my Red Wings would never do that to me. They are the Heroes of Hockeytown, after all. :D

ETA: And Western Indiana is where Blackhawk fans are! Can you imagine the suck of going into that the day after an elimination?!?

Edited by Jenny

ETA: And Western Indiana is where Blackhawk fans are! Can you imagine the suck of going into that the day after an elimination?!?

You won't have to worry about it, because it is not going to happen. Wings in 6! ;)