• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Kingdom

Boyle's Own Goal, Steve Smith still lives

Rate this topic

Remember when the Oilers Steve Smith put the puck in his own net back in the 86 playoffs vs the Flames? Well, Sharks Dan Boyle just did the same thing at 51 seconds of OT. He was trying to do a backhand pass around the net and instead, it slipped between the post and Nabokov into the net and the Avs beat the Sharks, 1-0. This was after the Sharks had outshot the Avs by a huge margin, something like 55-16 in regulation and the Sharks threw everything at Craig Anderson in the 2nd and 3rd periods but, the sideboards and team benches and could not get it past him. Then they lose in a fluke.

Guest Crymson

Remember when the Oilers Steve Smith put the puck in his own net back in the 86 playoffs vs the Flames? Well, Sharks Dan Boyle just did the same thing at 51 seconds of OT. He was trying to do a backhand pass around the net and instead, it slipped between the post and Nabokov into the net and the Avs beat the Sharks, 1-0. This was after the Sharks had outshot the Avs by a huge margin, something like 55-16 in regulation and the Sharks threw everything at Craig Anderson in the 2nd and 3rd periods but, the sideboards and team benches and could not get it past him. Then they lose in a fluke.

This was worse than Steve Smith. Smith's goal went off of Fuhr. Boyle shot it straight into his own net.

Chris Phillips did it three years ago in the deciding game of the SCF against the Ducks.

Still, Boyle's play was unlike the other ones. This was the funniest of 'em all, especially when you consider how Colorado didn't deserve to win the game one bit.

This would be the equivalent having a boxing match where one guy knocks the other guy down 20 times, but gets disqualified for hitting the other guy when he's down and out.

San Jose outshot Colorado 53-15 and lost 1-0 in overtime. Turns out is was actually a Sharks player who scored the winning goal for Colorado. I think Sharks fan feel worse than us right now... ouch.

What makes it worse is the context, OT and the Sharks outshooting the Avs 51-16 or something. Could be a rallying cry though, "let's win the series for Boyle".

Guest Crymson

Who wants to lay down the odds that a "History Will Be Made" video on this one will appear in the next couple of days?

What makes it worse is the context, OT and the Sharks outshooting the Avs 51-16 or something. Could be a rallying cry though, "let's win the series for Boyle".

Do the Avs get credit for a shot on goal on the winning tally? I don't think they do. So yeah, it was 16 shots, and Nabokov technically shut them out.

Edited by Crymson

I heard Boyle went out to the parking lot, and slew-foot a stray cat.

:lol:

And then tried to charm his way about it with a smile whenever the media brought it up, causing the viewers to say:

"Oh he's just being aggressive that Dano Boyo. He just wants to win. I've got no problem with it whatsoever. I like this guy because he smiles and makes a good impression on camera."