• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Miller, Brodeur, Bryzgalov named nominees for Vezina trophy

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

:usaflag: miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller miller :usaflag:

Ryan OLYMPICS! MIller HERO! had RYAN KESLER! a good SAAAAAAVE! Olympic VANCOUVER! season USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!, however, JIMMY CRAIG!!!! it is awarded MIKE ERUZIONE!!!! to the best MILLER SAVES! NHL goaltender USA! USA! USA! USA!. I'd give it to Bryzgalov.

Miller was better all around.

And we are seeing Bryz isn't exactly carrying Phoenix on his back, they are a damn good team anyways. Dare I say they might even be a better team then Buffalo?

Ryan OLYMPICS! MIller HERO! had RYAN KESLER! a good SAAAAAAVE! Olympic VANCOUVER! season USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!, however, JIMMY CRAIG!!!! it is awarded MIKE ERUZIONE!!!! to the best MILLER SAVES! NHL goaltender USA! USA! USA! USA!. I'd give it to Bryzgalov.

Ahh, so you've figured out how marketing works in the US.

Bryz, isn't a bad choice, but I think some of you are baised in his favor due to this series.

It's common knowledge that most of us here at LGW (This isn't my first account, been around for years, but PW mailing process on this site is fubar).......tend to force a bit of respect for those that we play in the playoffs, especially when we're losing :) It's part of the whole "classy" mentality, and for many of us that have been around for a while.....We try to see through the haze of glory and anger that is the playoffs, and see the positive for all sides concerned. A positive trait IMO, for Redwings fans to have.....but setting that aside....

I think 1) Brodeur (Yes, and his teams defense) had the least goals against, and is just a class act year after year. 2) Miller has been the most benefit to his team, considering what is in front of him. 3) Bryzgalov had a solid core in front of him, including as we've seen very clearly, one of the best 5 on 5 units in the entire NHL this year. Not to discount the man, but for what the Vezina stands for.....I feel it should clearly go to Miller or Brodeur.

It's a trophy for outstanding goaltending.....and while Bryzgalov has done just a fine damn job, I'd vote Miller.

Side Note: How in the HELL do we end up facing Vezina Candidates/Winners so often in the first and second rounds?

My old Theory was that Teams with great goaltending, but not much else going on, tend to slide into low slots (7th, 8th), and as we're typically (1st) we just naturally draw them. But, obviously, this year that is not that case.

Miller slacked during the second half of the season, had some really bad games and stretches and the Sabers were barely a .500 team since the end of Jan. He still deserves the nod, but I don't think he should win it.

Brodeur had great numbers and played a ton of games as usual, and didn't get nearly the hype that he normally gets for his play.

When you look at everything Bryz has done this season it seems to me that he deserves it. Not sure he'll get it, but that's who I'd choose.

Brodeur's there based on reputation. The only place where he had Vezina stats was the W column.

He won the Vezina in 2008 based purely on reputation.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they give it to him again. He's had a great career, but the way the media sucks him off all the time gets annoying.

I remember you calling Tkachuk with that nickname in the thread regarding his retirement. Am I right? They can't be both Fatsos even if they are fatsos.

Can't two men deserve the same nickname?

Besides, Sean Avery beat me to the Brodeur nickname. I just started riding that and so have several other people. It's fun and you should try it. :D