• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hgimn

Need Help with this jersey

Rate this topic

As the title says,I need help to make an informed discussion if this is a fake or not.I believe it is(for 85 bucks,it seems like it),but I've never seen a winter classic jersey up close.Thanks for your help,and if this is the wrong area to post,I apologize.

th_1491c4f_20.jpg

th_4786fah_20.jpg

Guest Howard He Do It?!

It might not necessarily be a fake, but just a replica. The replica WC jerseys look exactly like that and I would know since I ordered one from nhl.com. I ended up sending it back though because the quality was absolute crap.

It might not necessarily be a fake, but just a replica. The replica WC jerseys look exactly like that and I would know since I ordered one from nhl.com. I ended up sending it back though because the quality was absolute crap.

That is what I was thinking.The guy said he has the bill and tags for it(tags still on it) so I will go look at it later this week.Is there any specific way to tell if this is a replica or not?I've never really looked at am edge,much less owned one(I do have 3 old ccm ones though).

Guest Howard He Do It?!

That is what I was thinking.The guy said he has the bill and tags for it(tags still on it) so I will go look at it later this week.Is there any specific way to tell if this is a replica or not?I've never really looked at am edge,much less owned one(I do have 3 old ccm ones though).

The most telling sign of a replica WC jersey is the fact that the NHL shield is missing from the collar area just above the laces. The authentic WC jerseys have the NHL shield. Also, the replicas feel very thin and are somewhat see-through. The sizing for replica jerseys are small, medium, large, etc. while the sizing for authentic jerseys is based on chest size, i.e. 48, 50, 52, etc.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Believe me...it is 100 percent fake regardless if he has a reciept for it. Probably a reciept from a real one. But I'm certain it is not real. You can tell by the nameplate is not done properly and the style of numbers as well.

The most telling sign of a replica WC jersey is the fact that the NHL shield is missing from the collar area underneath the laces. The authentic WC jerseys have the NHL shield. Also, the replicas feel very thin and are somewhat see-through. The sizing for replica jerseys are small, medium, large, etc. while the sizing for authentic jerseys is based on chest size, i.e. 48, 50, 52, etc.

Thanks much for the info.He did say that it's a size 48,but is more like a 52 or 54,which is something that worries me.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Thanks much for the info.He did say that it's a size 48,but is more like a 52 or 54,which is something that worries me.

Another way to tell is to look at the tags and see what type of jersey it is. The tag on the inside of the jersey will say "authentic jersey" on it in English and French as well as the attached tags. Authentic jerseys are also referred to as Reebok Edge jerseys. The replica jerseys are referred to as Reebok Premier jerseys.

After really studying the pictures you provided, I would say this jersey is neither authentic nor a replica. It is most likely a Chinese knockoff. I'd stay away from it.

It's a Korean Knockoff, he Paid about 30$ for it. The Color of the name and Numbers are off, the spacing of everything is off. YOu'd have a case for getting your money back. Although, If Price is an issue, you're not going to get a real one for 85$

If you're a Stickler for authenticity, then I'd send it back. I got a Toews Blackhawks jersey, that looked incredible, except they used the wrong font for the name. I'm pretty much the only one that notices it, but it bugs me enough to not wear it.

While we're on the subject, where do you guys go to buy jerseys besides NHL.com or eBay? I'm trying to save up for an Yzerman one - just a boring old replica one, nothing fancy - and obviously I can't buy it at the official store now, but I hate how sketchy eBay is. Any online stores you'd trust?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

While we're on the subject, where do you guys go to buy jerseys besides NHL.com or eBay? I'm trying to save up for an Yzerman one - just a boring old replica one, nothing fancy - and obviously I can't buy it at the official store now, but I hate how sketchy eBay is. Any online stores you'd trust?

www.sportsk.com/redwingjerseys.html

Lots of users recommend this site. High quality work from what I understand.

NHL.com won't let you do retired number last I knew, icejerseys.com is a reliable site.

I bought my jersey at JC Penny's on sale and took it to my local hockey store and they ordered the replica numbers and letters and did it for me for $60.

www.sportsk.com/redwingjerseys.html

Lots of users recommend this site. High quality work from what I understand.

I HIGHLY recommend sportsk.com I've ordered three jerseys from them , couldn't be happier. In fact, I just got my Zetterberg winter classic replica in the mail today, just in time for game 4. It looks awesome, $160 including tax and shipping.

It's an Asian knockoff, why do I think that? I own an Asian knockoff. <_< (I did not buy it) From what I can tell, it looks too obvious as someone else already mentioned the crooked nameplate. Another red flag is the price, if it sounds too good to be true, more than likely is. Lastly, I can about bet that the red is a bit off compared to an authentic jersey, it's hard to tell with the pictures you provided though.

Look at the "D" and Winter Classic patch Real

pic-premier-datsyuk-det-lg.jpg

Look at the "D" and Winter Classic patch Possibly fake

4786fah_20.jpg

Edited by I Red Wings I

Sportsk.com - I highly recommend them for your jersey purchase as well as customizationn. I love my jerseys from there as well as there's been tons of people that I've recommend use them and they are extremely satisfied. I've had a bunch of people I know send in their own jerseys for customization and they are very pleased.

I got the Authentic Winter Classic jersey - I'll be having sportsk customize it with Lidstrom soon :)

Sportsk.com - I highly recommend them for your jersey purchase as well as customizationn. I love my jerseys from there as well as there's been tons of people that I've recommend use them and they are extremely satisfied. I've had a bunch of people I know send in their own jerseys for customization and they are very pleased.

I got the Authentic Winter Classic jersey - I'll be having sportsk customize it with Lidstrom soon :)

Good to hear - sounds like a winner! I do like those WC throwback jerseys...on one hand, I like the simplicity of just having "home" and "away" jerseys, but I wouldn't mind if they used that for a 3rd jersey.

Nice talking to you last night, by the way! :bye1:

I HIGHLY recommend sportsk.com I've ordered three jerseys from them , couldn't be happier. In fact, I just got my Zetterberg winter classic replica in the mail today, just in time for game 4. It looks awesome, $160 including tax and shipping.

I've also heard great things about sportsk.com

The inside is all wrong too. My WC jersey doesn't have that "Reebok" over and over again like the one in the picture. My tag has Reebok on the left, the NHL crest on the right, "Official Licensed Jersey" on top and the same thing in French on the bottom. Good call not buying it.

This is the inside tag on my Winter Classic jersey

dc1fe89e.jpg

This is the inside tag on my Ovechkin jersey, which it looks like is what they tried to copy.

b088c813.jpg

Edited by SeeinRed