• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hgimn

Need Help with this jersey

Rate this topic

I've ordered three jerseys from China, one of which I sent back and another I sold.

A $50 jersey masquerading as a $250-style sweater is simply too good to be true. It's at least worth it to spend a little more than you would on your $50 jersey to get a Premier Reebok and send it in to SportsK to get it customized once you save up some more money.

The inside is all wrong too. My WC jersey doesn't have that "Reebok" over and over again like the one in the picture. My tag has Reebok on the left, the NHL crest on the right, "Official Licensed Jersey" on top and the same thing in French on the bottom. Good call not buying it.

This is the inside tag on my Winter Classic jersey

dc1fe89e.jpg

This is the inside tag on my Ovechkin jersey, which it looks like is what they tried to copy.

b088c813.jpg

Actually all reebok jerseys have that stripe inside the collar. My authentic WC jersey has it.

cf16b0bb.jpg

It may be that the replica (really called premier) don't have it, but I assure you that the authentic does.

Actually all reebok jerseys have that stripe inside the collar. My authentic WC jersey has it.

cf16b0bb.jpg

It may be that the replica (really called premier) don't have it, but I assure you that the authentic does.

OK now I'm confused, do I have a replica? This whole time I thought mine was authentic, what a disappointment :lol: How about this thing on the inside, to the right of the tag if you're looking at it from the front?

Edit: I just read somewhere that WC player jerseys only come as replica, is that true? Are all authentic ones blank?

0729bb3c.jpg

Edited by SeeinRed

While we're tossing out questions about jerseys, can anyone give me the breakdown from the tag of what materials the jerseys are actually constructed out of - along with percentages? I'm looking to buy a premier jersey and I basically want to know if it will shrink in the wash, or if I should be washing it at all.

Any heads up would be awesome.

OK now I'm confused, do I have a replica? This whole time I thought mine was authentic, what a disappointment :lol: How about this thing on the inside, to the right of the tag if you're looking at it from the front?

Edit: I just read somewhere that WC player jerseys only come as replica, is that true? Are all authentic ones blank?

0729bb3c.jpg

WC jerseys only come as replicas NOW. As far as I know, the authentics originally only came uncustomized.

My jersey only has the reebok tag and a tag hanging off of it with the CCM logo, Canadian flag, "made in Canada", and the size (54). Other than that the inside of my jersey is completely clean inside outside of the care tag on one of the side seams.

While we're tossing out questions about jerseys, can anyone give me the breakdown from the tag of what materials the jerseys are actually constructed out of - along with percentages? I'm looking to buy a premier jersey and I basically want to know if it will shrink in the wash, or if I should be washing it at all.

Any heads up would be awesome.

Authentic and premier are completely different. Authentics are made up as follows:

X-trafil: 100% polyester

Stretch mesh: 85% polyester/15% spandex

Bubble mesh: 90% polyester/10% spandex

Premier are just 100% polyester.

I personally try to wash my authentic jerseys as little as possible (stitching comes out on customizations).

I'd also get the jersey big enough that you could wear it with hockey pads on. I think tight jerseys look goofy as hell.

Edited by Theophany

Authentic and premier are completely different. Authentics are made up as follows:

X-trafil: 100% polyester

Stretch mesh: 85% polyester/15% spandex

Bubble mesh: 90% polyester/10% spandex

Premier are just 100% polyester.

I personally try to wash my authentic jerseys as little as possible (stitching comes out on customizations).

I'd also get the jersey big enough that you could wear it with hockey pads on. I think tight jerseys look goofy as hell.

Thank you for the heads up, I should've been more clear in my question - I'm definitely looking to go premier. Paying for college doesn't lend itself well to buying authentics, haha. Hockey pads aren't a concern for me, but I appreciate the insight!