Need Help with this jersey

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 hgimn

hgimn

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

Yeah,I've decided not to buy it.Thanks for the help guys!

#22 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

Sportsk.com - I highly recommend them for your jersey purchase as well as customizationn. I love my jerseys from there as well as there's been tons of people that I've recommend use them and they are extremely satisfied. I've had a bunch of people I know send in their own jerseys for customization and they are very pleased.

I got the Authentic Winter Classic jersey - I'll be having sportsk customize it with Lidstrom soon :)
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#23 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Sportsk.com - I highly recommend them for your jersey purchase as well as customizationn. I love my jerseys from there as well as there's been tons of people that I've recommend use them and they are extremely satisfied. I've had a bunch of people I know send in their own jerseys for customization and they are very pleased.

I got the Authentic Winter Classic jersey - I'll be having sportsk customize it with Lidstrom soon :)

Good to hear - sounds like a winner! I do like those WC throwback jerseys...on one hand, I like the simplicity of just having "home" and "away" jerseys, but I wouldn't mind if they used that for a 3rd jersey.

Nice talking to you last night, by the way! :bye1:

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

I HIGHLY recommend sportsk.com I've ordered three jerseys from them , couldn't be happier. In fact, I just got my Zetterberg winter classic replica in the mail today, just in time for game 4. It looks awesome, $160 including tax and shipping.

I've also heard great things about sportsk.com
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

The inside is all wrong too. My WC jersey doesn't have that "Reebok" over and over again like the one in the picture. My tag has Reebok on the left, the NHL crest on the right, "Official Licensed Jersey" on top and the same thing in French on the bottom. Good call not buying it.

This is the inside tag on my Winter Classic jersey
Posted Image

This is the inside tag on my Ovechkin jersey, which it looks like is what they tried to copy.
Posted Image

Edited by SeeinRed, 20 April 2010 - 01:02 AM.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#26 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

I've ordered three jerseys from China, one of which I sent back and another I sold.

A $50 jersey masquerading as a $250-style sweater is simply too good to be true. It's at least worth it to spend a little more than you would on your $50 jersey to get a Premier Reebok and send it in to SportsK to get it customized once you save up some more money.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#27 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

The inside is all wrong too. My WC jersey doesn't have that "Reebok" over and over again like the one in the picture. My tag has Reebok on the left, the NHL crest on the right, "Official Licensed Jersey" on top and the same thing in French on the bottom. Good call not buying it.

This is the inside tag on my Winter Classic jersey
Posted Image

This is the inside tag on my Ovechkin jersey, which it looks like is what they tried to copy.
Posted Image

Actually all reebok jerseys have that stripe inside the collar. My authentic WC jersey has it.

Posted Image

It may be that the replica (really called premier) don't have it, but I assure you that the authentic does.

#28 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

Actually all reebok jerseys have that stripe inside the collar. My authentic WC jersey has it.

Posted Image

It may be that the replica (really called premier) don't have it, but I assure you that the authentic does.

OK now I'm confused, do I have a replica? This whole time I thought mine was authentic, what a disappointment :lol: How about this thing on the inside, to the right of the tag if you're looking at it from the front?

Edit: I just read somewhere that WC player jerseys only come as replica, is that true? Are all authentic ones blank?

Posted Image

Edited by SeeinRed, 20 April 2010 - 02:11 AM.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

While we're tossing out questions about jerseys, can anyone give me the breakdown from the tag of what materials the jerseys are actually constructed out of - along with percentages? I'm looking to buy a premier jersey and I basically want to know if it will shrink in the wash, or if I should be washing it at all.

Any heads up would be awesome.

#30 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

OK now I'm confused, do I have a replica? This whole time I thought mine was authentic, what a disappointment :lol: How about this thing on the inside, to the right of the tag if you're looking at it from the front?

Edit: I just read somewhere that WC player jerseys only come as replica, is that true? Are all authentic ones blank?

Posted Image

WC jerseys only come as replicas NOW. As far as I know, the authentics originally only came uncustomized.

My jersey only has the reebok tag and a tag hanging off of it with the CCM logo, Canadian flag, "made in Canada", and the size (54). Other than that the inside of my jersey is completely clean inside outside of the care tag on one of the side seams.

While we're tossing out questions about jerseys, can anyone give me the breakdown from the tag of what materials the jerseys are actually constructed out of - along with percentages? I'm looking to buy a premier jersey and I basically want to know if it will shrink in the wash, or if I should be washing it at all.

Any heads up would be awesome.

Authentic and premier are completely different. Authentics are made up as follows:

X-trafil: 100% polyester
Stretch mesh: 85% polyester/15% spandex
Bubble mesh: 90% polyester/10% spandex

Premier are just 100% polyester.

I personally try to wash my authentic jerseys as little as possible (stitching comes out on customizations).

I'd also get the jersey big enough that you could wear it with hockey pads on. I think tight jerseys look goofy as hell.

Edited by Theophany, 21 April 2010 - 12:03 AM.

#31 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:08 AM

Authentics should have a fight strap.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

Authentic and premier are completely different. Authentics are made up as follows:

X-trafil: 100% polyester
Stretch mesh: 85% polyester/15% spandex
Bubble mesh: 90% polyester/10% spandex

Premier are just 100% polyester.

I personally try to wash my authentic jerseys as little as possible (stitching comes out on customizations).

I'd also get the jersey big enough that you could wear it with hockey pads on. I think tight jerseys look goofy as hell.

Thank you for the heads up, I should've been more clear in my question - I'm definitely looking to go premier. Paying for college doesn't lend itself well to buying authentics, haha. Hockey pads aren't a concern for me, but I appreciate the insight!

#33 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Authentics should have a fight strap.

It's not as simple as that. A lot of fakes on eBay have fight straps, and are of s***tier-quality material than even premier jerseys.

#34 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,502 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

This.

SportsK is the place to go for anything Detroit Red Wing related; the numbers/lettering is legit/looks like what the Wings wear, and it's sewn on.

A few years ago my wife, and I were in T.O. for a Leafs/Bruins game, and we had some time to kill so we checked out the "official Toronto Maple Leafs store" at the ACC...I was :scared: to see the manager of the store applying numbers/letters onto jerseys via a heat press :nono:

'Evolution' created by Offsides