• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Samuelsson looking good at 2.5 million

Rate this topic

So you'd like to see him disappear again this year in the playoffs. No thx. Especially when the Coyote logo is so big - Sammy wouldn't miss hitting that as per the norm with all his selfish shots!!

Yeh he leads the Canucks in goals. Big deal. The goals aren't exactly game deciders. Timely goals are more important than just scoring at this time and the Canucks look to be just about out yet again, relying on 2 players + Luongo to win a Cup ....

Lets also keep in mind that LA is leading that series...

Sammy scored 1st to goals of Cup winning year, remember that sweet rap around to start the series...

Sammy > Bert and Definately > Williams who (god willing) will not be a wing next year, not even as a 4th liner.

As for Sammy <> Hudler... well I liked Sammy's RH shot and at least he shoots. Not so good 2 way.

I would love to have Sammy right now, to many lefty's out there, they need a > Willimas RH shot.

at 2.5 I am not as sure, but it seems like it is a solid price for what he offer's, he can break a game open and score timely goals.

To late to worry about it now, hopefully Bert takes off the too-too and puts on the carharts and gets something done...

Prospal only signed one year with New York,didn't he?He would be a hell of an upgrade over Williams.

That he did, he'll be a UFA going into next year, but with Hudler coming back, I don't see them making a push for him and I can see him re-signing long term with NY anyway with the way he clicked with Gaborik...

and yes, he would have been a HUGE upgrade over Williams...

Edited by stevkrause

That he did, he'll be a UFA going into next year, but with Hudler coming back, I don't see them making a push for him and I can see him re-signing long term with NY anyway with the way he clicked with Gaborik...

and yes, he would have been a HUGE upgrade over Williams...

I'd take Prospal over Hudler anyday.I don't think Prospal's contract was very fat either.But you're right.He most likely will be re-signed. :(

If Sammy scored 30 goals here last year, then Holland wouldn't have let him go.

He never played as well for us as he has for Vancouver. And don't tell me that he never got a chance. He constantly played on the top 2 lines and on the PP, with great players around him to boot.

I can't blame Holland for this one. Sammy is playing the best hockey of his career right now, but no one exactly saw this coming last year.

If Sammy scored 30 goals here last year, then Holland wouldn't have let him go.

He never played as well for us as he has for Vancouver. And don't tell me that he never got a chance. He constantly played on the top 2 lines and on the PP, with great players around him to boot.

I can't blame Holland for this one. Sammy is playing the best hockey of his career right now, but no one exactly saw this coming last year.

I think this past season was a lot more of an anomaly than a constant for Sammy too... I have a very strong feeling that he will level out over the next 2 years of his contract...

That's just nuts, you truly dont appreciate what you have until it's gone. (Hossa can still f*** off though :))

Edited for messing up Sammys bad season

I really don't get all the negativity against Hossa in this town. This time last year, the same people on this site were telling Pittsburgh fans that they had no ownership interest over Hossa, and that they should've known he was a mercenary and nothing more. When he signed his one-year deal here, shouldn't we have gotten the same message?!

Hossa was a great two-way player for the Wings all season, and was probably their most consistent goal scorer. Datysuk, Lidstrom, and Rafalski had limited effectiveness in last year's playoffs, and they missed 14 games combined. Hossa's shoulder was destroyed, and he didn't miss a single game. Yes, Hossa was not effective at all in the final two rounds, but why is it that people use injuries as the excuse for all the other slumping Wings, but Hossa's just "sucks"? Pavel Datsyuk had one goal in 16 playoff games last year...secondary scoring (Cleary and Franzen, primarily) had to carry us to Game 7. But okay, it's much easier to blame the guy on his way out the door.

I had an interesting conversation with a non-Red Wings fan about Fedorov recently. I told him that the a significant portion of Wings fans felt betrayed by Fedorov, even though we won 3 Cups with him, because of his exit to Anaheim in 2003. My friend found that surprising, but not because Fedorov won 3 Cups with us or because he put in 13 good seasons for us--my friend's point was "Why would Detroit fans have wanted Fedorov back...he only had one more good season left in him."

It's the nature of Detroit fans (particularly from our big spending, pre-lockout days) to want, want, want, and expect everybody to want to play here and only here. But if you're mad at Hossa for leaving, don't you have to balance that against the negatives of Hossa STAYING? As in, taking a $6.5 million cap hit for a guy probably already past the prime of his career, and with serious shoudler issues requiring surgery? I have a Hossa Winter Classic jersey, which I wear from time to time. How is Hossa any more of a "traitor" than Martin LaPointe, Shanahan, Fedorov, or Samuelsson? (Or is this a business, after all?)

Edited by StormJH1

I really don't get all the negativity against Hossa in this town.

A lot of fans on here are mad at Hossa because he didn't produce points for whatever reason when the Wings really needed it. He got Lidstrom type money, he worked hard, but he didn't get the right results. To some fans that's all that matters.

But you can also attribute some of Hossa's lack of production to Datsyuk. We're seeing it again this year. He's awesome on the defensive end but when he's in charge on the offensive end he looks for the fancy play instead of the effective play.

i mentioned this earlier in another thread, and it bears repeating: sammy had his house in novi up for sale pretty much right after s***tsburgh left our ice with our cup. i don't think he ever intended on staying a wing, probably for the reason that he'd always be a bottom-6er here. can't blame the guy for wanting more minutes, really...and it has done wonders for him.

sure, i'd love to have kept him given hindsight...but who's to say he'd be pulling off the kind of production he is right now had he stayed? then again, with all the injuries this year, he just might've...

spilt milk under the bridge, and all of that...

Guest Crymson

I still would have preferred that thw Wings having made a strong push for Prospal instead of Williams or Sammy...

The word out was that Prospal and Babcock dislike each other.

The Wings had and still have much more talent than Vancouver and Samuelsson was never going to get the kind of ice time that he gets in Vancouver now. Plus, it may just be one of those things where a player gets a change of scenery and starts producing. Who knows? I'm glad to see him thriving there, even though I remember constantly screaming at him on TV when he was with the Wings.