• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Intensity. Urgency. Passion.

Rate this topic

In today's world of sports, if a team has already won a championship is it really that much probable they won't win another simply because they don't have that desperate edge, 'eye of the tiger' kind of phenomenon?

Edited by titanium2

Guest micah

I honestly am getting tired of the oh so overly used phrase "the Red Wings are a veteran team that simply doesn't panic".

IMHO they all need a fire lit under their asses if they expect a remote chance of winning the game tonight...This is when ya need a guy in the locker room (be it the coach or captain) to raise hell for their pathetic play.

Bowman. O'Reily. Maybe Ditka.

I honestly am getting tired of the oh so overly used phrase "the Red Wings are a veteran team that simply doesn't panic".

IMHO they all need a fire lit under their asses if they expect a remote chance of winning the game tonight...This is when ya need a guy in the locker room (be it the coach or captain) to raise hell for their pathetic play.

It's almost like the wings rely TOO MUCH on their experience. It's good to go to when you are facing adversity, but it won't win you games. YOu have to play with an edge, a fear/respect of the other opponent. I think the wings have had so much success that they do lack that with certain opponents. And sometimes, they let it go too far and end up in a hole that they make very difficult to dig out of. They could have won game 1 if they had intensity and heart for 60 minutes. They could have won game 3 as well. We can match them and we have superior talent, which means we should be winning this series. If we lose, there are absolutely no excuses. We aren't injured, we haven't played too much hockey considering most of the starters have played half a season, our goalie is doing the job when his defense is there to make the proper plays...

We don't need to wait until Round 2. We can find out what they are made of.

And for the record, I actually think Detroit has under-achieved over the last 20 years. They could have twice as many cups. But there is an expected letdown after success...

Pretty much what I was getting at.

Is all the emotion and fire gone because they've already won? Or rather is it all gone to an extent that they can't play better and work harder than the other team?

Guest Lidstromboli

they only panic in the last 5 minutes when their disciplined veteran asses realize they're about to lose

is the thread title trying to sell me shampoo or something?

Yup. If you order now with a credit card I'll throw in conditioner just for you. It's my way of thanking you for your business.

they only panic in the last 5 minutes when their disciplined veteran asses realize they're about to lose

It is incredibly frustrating to watch. Incredibly frustrating. It's like they don't even care, which isn't true but that's how it looks in the eyes of fans. It's really an aura of overconfidence in their abilities to save themselves at the last second.