• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Fans more paranoid than ours

Rate this topic

Intent to kick. :hehe:

WIN! :siren:

Honestly, this league, under Bettman, as descended into something resembling a 3rd rate bush league - when it comes to officiating, rules and regulations, etc. What a joke the NHL has become.

Any time you are trying to determine what a player's INTENT is, not what he DID, you're opening up a package of FAIL. This also applies to referees intending to blow. Did you blow or not? (most often the answer is yes...but..) If you did not blow the whistle, play is still on. Always has been, always should be.

WIN! :siren:

Honestly, this league, under Bettman, as descended into something resembling a 3rd rate bush league - when it comes to officiating, rules and regulations, etc. What a joke the NHL has become.

I couldn't agree more. That is a BS call in BS league. It must be nice for the King's organization and their fair weather fans

to have an ex-player and coach of the Kings in charge of the series. Talk about a conflict of interest. That Son of a ***** Murphy is cheering for the Kings in this interview. http://kings.nhl.com...s.htm?id=501547

LAKings.com: Describe your time on the Kings in one sentence?

Murphy: Unbelievable learning experience mixed with unbelievable fun.

LAKings.com: You were with the Kings from early on in the team's existence – how have you seen the team change in the time since then?

Murphy: Well I have seen some obvious changes with the colors of the uniforms and the logo and the different arena where they play. What has not changed is the great group of solid hockey fans in Southern California that support and love the Kings, even with the changes. I think it would be so neat to see the Kings succeed and win a Stanley Cup because it would do just a tremendous amount for the Southern California market and the Kings franchise. They have been hard working and very close in a number of years, so that would be nice to see.

F'kin Buttman.

Any time you are trying to determine what a player's INTENT is, not what he DID, you're opening up a package of FAIL. This also applies to referees intending to blow. Did you blow or not? (most often the answer is yes...but..) If you did not blow the whistle, play is still on. Always has been, always should be.

I agree, the whole intet to blow the whistle is crap, but the only issue I have is this: What if the goalie covers the puck, but before the whistle blows, someone pokes at his glove and the puck ends up in the net?

I think a better rule on this is needed, but I still think there will be some challenges.

I love how the Canadians are so paranoid that they have the guy come on and explain the call. Anyone remember having Brad Watson answer for his dips*** call against us last year. Jeeze get over it you lost to a team because you cannot stop their powerplay. Thats not Mike Murphys fault or anyone elses for that matter.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Mike Murphy was not the sole decider in making this call. That should end the conspiracy theory right there. Now, if Murphy punched everyone in the face and made them say it was no-goal, then we have a different story. The only theory, and it's more fact than theory, here is that the Vancouver PK blows and Luongo didn't do much better.

I couldn't agree more. That is a BS call in BS league. It must be nice for the King's organization and their fair weather fans

to have an ex-player and coach of the Kings in charge of the series. Talk about a conflict of interest. That Son of a ***** Murphy is cheering for the Kings in this interview.

Murphy isn't in charge of the series. He's VP of Hockey Operations for the NHL.

Mike Murphy was not the sole decider in making this call. That should end the conspiracy theory right there. Now, if Murphy punched everyone in the face and made them say it was no-goal, then we have a different story. The only theory, and it's more fact than theory, here is that the Vancouver PK blows and Luongo didn't do much better.

Someone really needs to convince me that the "War Room" in Toronto is anything more than a bunch of drunk Canadians watching hockey games. Hell the crowd at your average Buffalo Wild Wings would do a better job making calls 95% of the time.

Fans more paranoid than ours should be the Sharks fans handsdown.

If Lidstrom flipped a goal into our own net in OT of a playoff game - I'd contemplate the samurai seppuku :o

People keep saying this, but Boyle's pass went off a stick and Nabakov is a overrated piece of garbage that wasn't covering his post.

Edited by Louisville

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Someone really needs to convince me that the "War Room" in Toronto is anything more than a bunch of drunk Canadians watching hockey games. Hell the crowd at your average Buffalo Wild Wings would do a better job making calls 95% of the time.

So why would a room full of a bunch of drunk Canadians rule against a Canadian team? Buh-bye conspiracy theory.

The NHl sucks at officiating and enforcing rules. We all know that but there is no conspiracy.

So why would a room full of a bunch of drunk Canadians rule against a Canadian team? Buh-bye conspiracy theory.

The NHl sucks at officiating and enforcing rules. We all know that but there is no conspiracy.

I never said there was a conspiracy theory here, just that the league is horribly incompitant.

From the CBC

Earlier this season, NHL GMs made it clear they would prefer the War Room in Toronto make the final decision on all video reviews, not the on-ice officials. The final straw for a lot of them was Steve Ott's bizarre shootout goal from Jan. 16. Rob Martell, the referee right on the goal-line, was overruled by Mike Leggo and Lonnie Cameron, who didn't have as good a view. The GMs wanted Colin Campbell, Mike Murphy et al to hold ultimate power.

Guess were Mike the Fixer is. He's in the war room fixing up games for his favorite team.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

From the CBC

Earlier this season, NHL GMs made it clear they would prefer the War Room in Toronto make the final decision on all video reviews, not the on-ice officials. The final straw for a lot of them was Steve Ott's bizarre shootout goal from Jan. 16. Rob Martell, the referee right on the goal-line, was overruled by Mike Leggo and Lonnie Cameron, who didn't have as good a view. The GMs wanted Colin Campbell, Mike Murphy et al to hold ultimate power.

Guess were Mike the Fixer is. He's in the war room fixing up games for his favorite team.

Show me where it says Mike Murphy has final authority in all matters that flow through the war room. Oh yeah, that's right. It doesn't say that. A consensus is formed in the war room, i.e. more than one person has the same view of the play being reviewed. Plus this is just a preference and is not even in practice. Your tin foil hat is too tight and it's affecting your brain.

Was it a bad call? Yes. Is the NHL out to get the Canucks? Are you ******* kidding me? NO! There is no game fixing.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

What part of ultimate power are you having trouble with? The ultimate or the power part? Consensus my ass.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kings-game-three-20100420,0,1669406.story.

"Even a couple of Kings' players thought Daniel Sedin's goal was going to count, and were (pleasantly) surprised when it was waved off after a painfully long review lasting about six minutes Monday night at Staples Center.

In the end, there was one man's opinion largely determining the matter and it was NHL vice president of hockey operations Mike Murphy saying that Sedin had kicked the puck in."

Did you heard the interview at the end of the game when he contradicted himself and the rules?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/04/nhl-kings-canucks-stanley-cup-playoffs-.html

The on ice official ruled it a goal and Mike the Fixer overturned it after 6 mins. Any time it takes that long you know it going to be BS call. According to NHL rules video review has to be conclusive before the on ice ruling will be turn over. That was far from conclusive and everyone except Mike agrees. Hell even some of the Kings' players thought it was a good goal.

It is a BUSH league because of garbage like this. It is no wonder why bowling has higher TV ratings.

Don't be naive any time money is involved, there is and will always be rigging. Some Pro sports ie soccer, baseball have been jammed up over it. The NHL just hasn't been caught YET.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

What part of ultimate power are you having trouble with? The ultimate or the power part? Consensus my ass.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kings-game-three-20100420,0,1669406.story.

"Even a couple of Kings' players thought Daniel Sedin's goal was going to count, and were (pleasantly) surprised when it was waved off after a painfully long review lasting about six minutes Monday night at Staples Center.

In the end, there was one man's opinion largely determining the matter and it was NHL vice president of hockey operations Mike Murphy saying that Sedin had kicked the puck in."

Did you heard the interview at the end of the game when he contradicted himself and the rules?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/04/nhl-kings-canucks-stanley-cup-playoffs-.html

The on ice official ruled it a goal and Mike the Fixer overturned it after 6 mins. Any time it takes that long you know it going to be BS call. According to NHL rules video review has to be conclusive before the on ice ruling will be turn over. That was far from conclusive and everyone except Mike agrees. Hell even some of the Kings' players thought it was a good goal.

It is a BUSH league because of garbage like this. It is no wonder why bowling has higher TV ratings.

Don't be naive any time money is involved, there is and will always be rigging. Some Pro sports ie soccer, baseball have been jammed up over it. The NHL just hasn't been caught YET.

"The GMs wanted Colin Campbell, Mike Murphy et al to hold ultimate power."

What part of that don't you understand? You posted it, now read it. Mike Murphy does not have exclusive ultimate power. Quit acting like an idiot. That LA Times writer was not in the war room, so he doesn't know s*** and that link doesn't work.

Head on back to the Canucks board, where you obviously came from. Somebody might care over there.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest scottj

i was real pissed off about them calling that a no-goal n i didn't even want the canucks to win

After the 6-Penguins-on-the ice and I'veagyni Malkin's "he didn't MEAN to start a fight with just a couple of minutes left in the game" debacles that may actually have boned us out of the Cup last year, I say:

If Vancouver is looking for "sympathy" they'll find it between "sh!t" and "symphillis" in the dictionary!

At first I thought it was a good goal, but looking at the replay a few times, I can understand why the called it back. While Sedin was stopping, I believe he had a good idea where the puck was, and you can see him push his skate out more than needed to just stop. So I do think there was some amount of a kicking motion. Call could have gone either way in my opinion.

Evidence that the wrong call was made. "Not a distinct kicking motion but a kicking motion"

There was a view where it looked like he went out of his way to "stop" right where the puck would go.

What a Horse s*** call. Watch Milbury in the video; it's all he can do to sit still and listen to Murphy's BS.

Sedin knew exactly what he was doing. He absolutely had to "hockey stop" so why not hockey stop into the puck. It may be a loop hole in the rules, but loopholes are legal. And his only other choices were to make sure to NOT stop there( which would be ridiculous), or not turn his skate at all, thus not stop at all and get a goalie interference call. He made a great split second decision, did the right thing and did not get rewarded for a smart, athletic play that was (theoretically)inside the existing rules.

But I could not stomache the whinning on Vancouver's Team 1040 yesterday. As the Red Wings have shown, champions have to overcome this kind of bulls***. Life is full of bulls*** piled aginst you and with people that do not want you to succeed. Deal with it.

I believe he had a good idea where the puck was, and you can see him push his skate out more than needed to just stop.

I saw the leg extended also, and yes he knew exactly what he was doing. However, it is a hcokey stop, not a kicking motion, and whats more is that he had to support himself with a Dman draped all over him. The only way you can do that is to get the leg way out exactly like that. Wihtout the wider base and increased leverage of the leg extended, he would have highsided in the goalie from the force of the Dman pushing on him.

I'm not a big Canuck fan, and don't really care who wins this series; its just my observation.

And I would have thought the league would be tip-toeing around Vancouver after the whole Burrows/Auger incident. Guess Toronto holds a grudge.

Not much of Canada outside of Toronto actually thinks much of Toronto, but there definitely is no love lost between the cities of Toronto and Vancouver, period. It's kind of amusing to watch from the outside.