• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 4 GDT: Coyotes 0 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I take full credit for Howard's shut out, I am clearly his lucky charm :cool:

I was thinking about your post for the final ten minutes of that game. I had every intention of getting home, and quoting you on it, and thanking you for going to the game! But, I forgot which thread I read it in, so I never did. But I'm doing it now, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to you!

Edited by Jasper84

I won't jump ship if we lose but I'll be lowering the life boats...

Regardless, this is pretty damn close to a must win and might as well play it like one.

Wings win 3-0. Yea that's right I said it.

You called it :thumbup:

I take full credit for Howard's shut out, I am clearly his lucky charm :cool:

I was thinking about your post for the final ten minutes of that game. I had every intention of getting home, and quoting you on it, and thanking you for going to the game! But, I forgot which thread I read it in, so I never did. But I'm doing it now, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to you!

Me too! I was biting my nails from the five minute mark. I was thankful for the win, but I really wanted Jimmy to get the shutout. The chanting in the the 3rd period for him was phenomenal. What a great game! I have no voice what so ever. I was rocking my Howard T-shirt in 207. Just seconds before the second goal, I said, "We need a security goal!" BAM, the boys deliver shortly after and I was on my feet, screaming my head off! The defense looked very strong out there with only 1 bad turnover (*cough* Rafalski *cough*) that I saw. Where's Olympics-Rafalski when you need him? Really starting to think Z and Flip will be competing for MVP for the team. Flip just was amazing. And the Joe was just nuts at the end of the 3rd. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, and I could barely hear myself. :satisfied: Way to go Wings! You've made me one very happy girl. :clap: Great effort tonight. Bring it again for Game 5!

:nhl2:

Awesome game. The 5 ****** in front of us all had octopi taped to their chest and waited until the last goal to toss them.

I wondered if that was coordinated! :lol:

I was at the game tonight and my ears are still ringing. Was the crowd as loud on TV as they seemed in person? I've never been to a game with such a riled up bunch. It was an awesome experience! Also, that first goal REALLY looked like it was in from my point of view (section 219). What about on TV?

Ladies and gentlemen....Jimmy effing Howard!!!

He answered the call and stepped up huge! Man, what a game.

The Wings just need to show they can put up two strong games in a row for Game 5.

I have a good feeling though. A battle like that and a performance like that for Howard has got to have him sky-high right now. This could be the catalyst that is needed to spark him to a Stanley Cup winning performance and turn the tide.

I was at the game tonight and my ears are still ringing. Was the crowd as loud on TV as they seemed in person? I've never been to a game with such a riled up bunch. It was an awesome experience! Also, that first goal REALLY looked like it was in from my point of view (section 219). What about on TV?

Oh yeah, it was LOUD!! You guys did a good job! As for the goal...I really don't know. I don't know if I'm just retarded or what, but after watching it a million times from a million different angles, well, I'll just leave that one to the refs for once because it seemed RIGHT on the edge to me.

While I'm here, I'd just like to dedicate this win (as if I had anything to do with it) to my high school speech teacher, who passed away this morning. He was from Detroit and Proud of It, and even though I never knew if he was a hockey fan or not, I figure it is Hockeytown, after all, so this one's for you, Dr. Sheehan. Good guy...I was probably his worst student ever, and he probably hated my guts, but he was still funny as heck, and I enjoyed his class when I didn't have to give a speech.

First time I've ever seen the history will be made video with Konstantinov, it was played on the jumbotron a couple of times between the intermissions. Has anyone seen this video on t.v. or is it just me?

Congrats to Jimmy on getting his first playoff shutout, he played much better tonight and so did the whole team. Jimmy showed that he can handle the pressure of the playoffs it just took a few games for him to get used to it and he bounced back from last game.

Also something else that I found out, it has been 16 years to this day since the last time a Wings rookie goalie got a shutout in the playoffs which was a 4-0 win over the sharks in the second Wings home game of that series. I'm going to guess that most people will know who that goalie is. :P

No, it quite clearly teetered on the line but didn't cross it. The puck was on edge, but the rule is that the puck must entirely cross the line (ie. you can see white ice between the puck and goal line) and that didn't happen, so it wasn't a goal.

Our top 4 on D played their best game of the series and hopefully that continues, Howie really showed he has a lot of character 2nite... Haven't been a firm believer in Jim yet but to bounce back like he did in a MUST win gm 4 and make the key saves in the clutch proved that... GO WINGS!!! and thata boy HOWIE!!!

Edited by Rockitman

First time I've ever seen the history will be made video with Konstantinov, it was played on the jumbotron a couple of times between the intermissions. Has anyone seen this video on t.v. or is it just me?

Really cool...

I loved it! I've never seen it on TV, so I just assumed it was a commercial made by the organization (not the NHL) to play only at the arena. I hope I'm wrong and it's an NHL commercial to be aired on TV, thats where it belongs.

Glad Babcock finally got that haircut he was supposed to get before the playoffs began. Everything is as it should be now. Wings played much more structured game which made it a lot easier on Jimmy, who was solid as a rock tonight. Way to go fellas.

We were at the Joe about a month ago to see two games and I don't remember seeing anything like that. Poop! I hope they make it available to the public or at least show it enough on FSD for me to see it. :(

Really cool...

THANK YOU, Rockitman. I'm sitting here losing it all over again. :thumbup: :beerbuddy:

Just like Colorado did in game 2 in 2008 when we won the cup. Remember? I can't remember what the player's name was, but he pitched the octopus in the bench to make a statement, and we swept colorado.

Fiddler picked up the octopus that hit the ice after the anthems and threw it down the hallway in game 1, and the Wings lost...

Fiddler picked up the octopus that hit the ice after the anthems and threw it down the hallway in game 1, and the Wings lost...

That was a warning.The hockey gods let him get away with it the first time but then when Bryzgalov kicked the octopus last night,that was the last straw.Detroit won.Detroit in 6 :thumbup: