• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#221 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

With Phoenix being the hardest team to score on in the 1st, I am quite happy how it ended.
Now lets score on the PP @ the start of the 2nd.
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#222 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

Pierre calling yotes " solid defensive-style hockey". Douchebag...

He's wrong about this game so far. Thank heavens. They look pretty iffy. Just not often enough.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#223 Wingsequallife13

Wingsequallife13

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Ok period. Not the period I would have hoped that they would have played though. Could be worst though. They still need to step up if they want to win.

#224 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

28.57% on faceoffs. The Wings are losing just under 3/4ths of the faceoffs.

#225 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

doesn't look good.

Mickey's not making sense.

He sounded a little like one of the nervous nellies he talks about early on. I finally told him to cool it. And yes, he calmed down. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#226 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

To me, that period was a victory. We have gotten off to really bad slow starts in this series, and even though they waved off the goal, I felt comfortable with the effort and intensity. As long as they don't give up a goal in the first minute of the 2nd, we'll be OK

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#227 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

So wait, because I said I thought it went in, based on what I saw.....someone gave me a -1 on my comment? Alrighty, then.

I got the same.

Some people can't handle having a rep system it appears :D

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 20 April 2010 - 06:34 PM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#228 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

Had to listen to the first period over the net on my iPhone, but it sounded like we played well.

YEESH. Pick up the faceoffs guys!

Starting the 2nd on the powerplay. Let's grab an early goal.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#229 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

Ummmmm, no, you are far from cursed...not even remotely close.

That puck rode the goal line the whole time...pretty clear from the overhead replay.

Take it to those puppy dogs guys. I fully expect the wings to win game 4. Best of luck.

Thanks, Supafly. And may your guys shut the Avalanche the hell up. Or whatever I meant there... :blink:

#230 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

FYI, Malkin scored in Ottawa on the PP, 1-0 Pens :thumbdown:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#231 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

FYI, Malkin scored in Ottawa on the PP, 1-0 Pens :thumbdown:

He and Crosby are beasting all over the Sens, I knew Game 1 was too good to be true.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#232 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

I got the same.

Some people can't handle having a rep system it appears :D

Then we should just get rid of the stupid thing. It serves no purpose and people only ***** about it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#233 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

tsn spells bryzgalov's name "ilja" :blink:

Posted Image

#234 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Nice missed call on Homer there.

Sooprize, sooprize. Did we think they'd call the same kind of s*** on their guys? How often does Homer get calls? Mebee one out of ten?

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

#235 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

the commentator is talking to pierre about the possibility that zetterberg is hurt

Posted Image

#236 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Posting from the Joe.

That puck at the ten minute mark from where I'm sitting looked in on its side. Looking forward to seeing the TV replay, though.

Other then that, they are looking a lot better then Sundays game. Hope they keep it up!

#237 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Then we should just get rid of the stupid thing. It serves no purpose and people only ***** about it.

got my vote

#238 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

He and Crosby are beasting all over the Sens, I knew Game 1 was too good to be true.

Agreed.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#239 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

I just flipped on the Penguins-Habs game and the Pens scored on a nice goal by Malkin. A one-timer.

That's what the Wings need most; someone with a nice one-timer. They really don't have anyone with a strong one-timer on this roster. A one-timer can catch the goalie going the other way on a nice cross-ice feed during a power play. The Wings move the puck well but it takes them forever to wind up and take the shot. I think this is the single biggest missing element on the team this season.

Hudler has a nice one-timer. One more reason to make bringing him back a priority.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#240 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

I understand that. I think it's juvenile, but I understand it. I just thought it was odd, since I wasn't insulting anyone here.....I was talking about the dudes up in the box that decide if it's a goal or not. Don't think any of them post here. Frankly, it makes me wary to post in GDTs anymore. *sigh*

You do not owe anything to anybody here. You be a cool poster and a most welcome addition to this board. So don't you dare even think about going away. :angry: :)