• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#721 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

I've never been to the Joe while it was THAT loud. I don't know what it sounded like on TV, and I haven't read any posts yet, but I sure hope nobody has complained about the Joe today. The entire upper bowl was shaking below our feet, starting at that 3 on 5 PK.

Also, way to go Bryz for kicking that octopus. It came back to bite him just seconds after then Z banks one in off his short side! :thumbup:

Great game, and especially Howie :clap:

#722 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Did anyone see that thing where they asked Lidders a bunch of random questions? Dude, I would pay ANYTHING to see him sing "Sweet Home Alabama" at a karaoke bar!!

Anyway, I can't say enough about how well everybody played tonight. 100 freaking percent improvement, everybody! And Howard getting a shutout...priceless.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#723 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

Just finished watching the game. (Curse you finals!)

But, school aside.. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!!... Jimmy played amazing. I am quite proud of the wings fans that started the "JIMMY!!JIMMY!!JIMMY!!JIMMY!!" chant! Thought the young gunners (helm, abby, miller, eaves, etc) had an unreal game. Top lines played pretty good; however, I do think they can step it up a notch even still. PK = Unreal. PP started getting more fluency, but need more shots to actually connect with the general area of the net. :blush: All in all, great f*cking game. This is exactly the kind of game we needed.

:siren: SHUTOUT!!!!! :siren:

All props go to Jimmy tonight. Way to go Hungry Hungry Howie. :goalie2: Btw, Helmets are for P*ssies.

Keep this going wings, way to play 60 mins.
Posted Image

#724 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

Hey look everybody! It's Crymson here to judge us again! :thumbup:

Wish I could've caught the game tonight. It sounded like a good one. This should be a great confidence builder for Jimmy. And it never ceases to amaze me how Z can turn it on come playoff time. He loves to shoot the puck and carry it into high traffic areas, both of which you really need this time of year.

Howard made a save without a mask??

You missed a good game; effort was there from start to finish, and Howard was a rock in net :thumbup:

This win will not only give us fans, but the entire Red Wing organisation a big boost of confidence!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#725 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

Well Done Little Jimmy Howard :clap:

And the Wings need to keep playing strong and finish these 2 games

GO WINGS!!! :octo: :octo:

#726 Lidstrom for life

Lidstrom for life

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

I will be there and we better freakin win. I feel pretty confident because the last time I went to a game Howard had his first career something I can't say because it might jynx it so I am hoping to bring him good luck again!

I take full credit for Howard's shut out, I am clearly his lucky charm :cool:
credits to hobbit-face for my icon.

#727 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

I was thinking about your post for the final ten minutes of that game. I had every intention of getting home, and quoting you on it, and thanking you for going to the game! But, I forgot which thread I read it in, so I never did. But I'm doing it now, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to you!

Edited by Jasper84, 20 April 2010 - 10:49 PM.

#728 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Did anyone who was at the game see the tool wearing the Suns Jersey waving the Hockeytown is going down sign towards the bench side lower bowl on the away twice shooting side? I didnt know whether to heckle or laugh at him. Also congrats to Bryz for invoking the curse of Al

#729 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

I won't jump ship if we lose but I'll be lowering the life boats...

Regardless, this is pretty damn close to a must win and might as well play it like one.

Wings win 3-0. Yea that's right I said it.

You called it :thumbup:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#730 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

I was thinking about your post for the final ten minutes of that game. I had every intention of getting home, and quoting you on it, and thanking you for going to the game! But, I forgot which thread I read it in, so I never did. But I'm doing it now, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to you!

Me too! I was biting my nails from the five minute mark. I was thankful for the win, but I really wanted Jimmy to get the shutout. The chanting in the the 3rd period for him was phenomenal. What a great game! I have no voice what so ever. I was rocking my Howard T-shirt in 207. Just seconds before the second goal, I said, "We need a security goal!" BAM, the boys deliver shortly after and I was on my feet, screaming my head off! The defense looked very strong out there with only 1 bad turnover (*cough* Rafalski *cough*) that I saw. Where's Olympics-Rafalski when you need him? Really starting to think Z and Flip will be competing for MVP for the team. Flip just was amazing. And the Joe was just nuts at the end of the 3rd. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, and I could barely hear myself. :satisfied: Way to go Wings! You've made me one very happy girl. :clap: Great effort tonight. Bring it again for Game 5!

:nhl2:

#731 WingsWingsWings

WingsWingsWings

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

I told my wife the Wings would win this one for sure the minute that octo hit the ice in front of Bryz before the game began.

#732 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

Awesome game. The 5 ****** in front of us all had octopi taped to their chest and waited until the last goal to toss them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#733 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

Awesome game. The 5 ****** in front of us all had octopi taped to their chest and waited until the last goal to toss them.

I wondered if that was coordinated! :lol:

I was at the game tonight and my ears are still ringing. Was the crowd as loud on TV as they seemed in person? I've never been to a game with such a riled up bunch. It was an awesome experience! Also, that first goal REALLY looked like it was in from my point of view (section 219). What about on TV?

#734 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

Ladies and gentlemen....Jimmy effing Howard!!!

He answered the call and stepped up huge! Man, what a game.

The Wings just need to show they can put up two strong games in a row for Game 5.

I have a good feeling though. A battle like that and a performance like that for Howard has got to have him sky-high right now. This could be the catalyst that is needed to spark him to a Stanley Cup winning performance and turn the tide.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#735 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

I was at the game tonight and my ears are still ringing. Was the crowd as loud on TV as they seemed in person? I've never been to a game with such a riled up bunch. It was an awesome experience! Also, that first goal REALLY looked like it was in from my point of view (section 219). What about on TV?

Oh yeah, it was LOUD!! You guys did a good job! As for the goal...I really don't know. I don't know if I'm just retarded or what, but after watching it a million times from a million different angles, well, I'll just leave that one to the refs for once because it seemed RIGHT on the edge to me.

While I'm here, I'd just like to dedicate this win (as if I had anything to do with it) to my high school speech teacher, who passed away this morning. He was from Detroit and Proud of It, and even though I never knew if he was a hockey fan or not, I figure it is Hockeytown, after all, so this one's for you, Dr. Sheehan. Good guy...I was probably his worst student ever, and he probably hated my guts, but he was still funny as heck, and I enjoyed his class when I didn't have to give a speech.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#736 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

First time I've ever seen the history will be made video with Konstantinov, it was played on the jumbotron a couple of times between the intermissions. Has anyone seen this video on t.v. or is it just me?

#737 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

Anybody remember the match ups between both teams lines?

Did Zetterberg get Fiddler again and so forth?

#738 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

Love how pumped up Howard was when that game ended :thumbup:

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

#739 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:09 AM

Congrats to Jimmy on getting his first playoff shutout, he played much better tonight and so did the whole team. Jimmy showed that he can handle the pressure of the playoffs it just took a few games for him to get used to it and he bounced back from last game.

Also something else that I found out, it has been 16 years to this day since the last time a Wings rookie goalie got a shutout in the playoffs which was a 4-0 win over the sharks in the second Wings home game of that series. I'm going to guess that most people will know who that goalie is. :P
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#740 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

No, it quite clearly teetered on the line but didn't cross it. The puck was on edge, but the rule is that the puck must entirely cross the line (ie. you can see white ice between the puck and goal line) and that didn't happen, so it wasn't a goal.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!