• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#741 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

Our top 4 on D played their best game of the series and hopefully that continues, Howie really showed he has a lot of character 2nite... Haven't been a firm believer in Jim yet but to bounce back like he did in a MUST win gm 4 and make the key saves in the clutch proved that... GO WINGS!!! and thata boy HOWIE!!!

Edited by Rockitman, 21 April 2010 - 03:37 AM.

C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#742 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

First time I've ever seen the history will be made video with Konstantinov, it was played on the jumbotron a couple of times between the intermissions. Has anyone seen this video on t.v. or is it just me?

Really cool... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozCuwatraRQ
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#743 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

Just like Colorado did in game 2 in 2008 when we won the cup. Remember? I can't remember what the player's name was, but he pitched the octopus in the bench to make a statement, and we swept colorado.

I believe it was Cody Mcleod.

#744 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

What happened that one game when carcillo picked up the octopus with his stick and waved it in hale's face? I think we won.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#745 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

First time I've ever seen the history will be made video with Konstantinov, it was played on the jumbotron a couple of times between the intermissions. Has anyone seen this video on t.v. or is it just me?

I loved it! I've never seen it on TV, so I just assumed it was a commercial made by the organization (not the NHL) to play only at the arena. I hope I'm wrong and it's an NHL commercial to be aired on TV, thats where it belongs.

#746 RedWingsFanatic

RedWingsFanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

My thoughts:

Hockeytown Happenings: Game 4 Recap
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time."
-Mickey Redmond

#747 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

Glad Babcock finally got that haircut he was supposed to get before the playoffs began. Everything is as it should be now. Wings played much more structured game which made it a lot easier on Jimmy, who was solid as a rock tonight. Way to go fellas.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#748 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

We were at the Joe about a month ago to see two games and I don't remember seeing anything like that. Poop! I hope they make it available to the public or at least show it enough on FSD for me to see it. :(

Really cool... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozCuwatraRQ

THANK YOU, Rockitman. I'm sitting here losing it all over again. :thumbup: :beerbuddy:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#749 puertoricanWingsfan

puertoricanWingsfan

The only Puerto Rican Zamboni driver you've ever met

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

The boys looked great last night... Our big names were playing big games. That's exactly what we need
"Pssshhh. I eat pieces of sh-- like you for breakfast."
"You eat pieces of SH-- for breakfast?!?"

#750 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

Just like Colorado did in game 2 in 2008 when we won the cup. Remember? I can't remember what the player's name was, but he pitched the octopus in the bench to make a statement, and we swept colorado.

Fiddler picked up the octopus that hit the ice after the anthems and threw it down the hallway in game 1, and the Wings lost...

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#751 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Fiddler picked up the octopus that hit the ice after the anthems and threw it down the hallway in game 1, and the Wings lost...

That was a warning.The hockey gods let him get away with it the first time but then when Bryzgalov kicked the octopus last night,that was the last straw.Detroit won.Detroit in 6 :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien