• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

What a horrendously bad decision that would have been. I would have been livid had the NHL went to 4-on-4 OT in the playoffs. I understand it for the regular season and all because you want to have a clear cut winner quickly, but this is the playoffs. 5-on-5 OT playoff hockey is amazing and does nothing but good for the game. Why would you destroy that?

Thank you Rob Blake.

Sincerely,
All NHL fans

Saved playoff hockey with an ass check.

The NHL needs to stopf****** with things that aren't broken.

#22 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Shanahan almost certainly voted in favor of 4v4 overtime. He even suggested, a couple of years ago, that he'd like to see the NHL move away from continuous overtime in the playoffs.

link? source?

I think the competition committee is made up of 4 NHL players, four GM's, and one owner. I would hope that all the players voted to keep OT the way it is. so I have to wonder who the idiot GM's are.

EDIT: Looks like it was Bob Gainey, Kevin Lowe, David Poile, and Don Waddell for the GM's, and Ed Snider, owner of the Flyers.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 20 April 2010 - 09:48 PM.

#23 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

Curious why Blake gets the credit. Presumably, all the votes count the same, which means that Blake's vote was no more decisive than the others who voted the same way.

#24 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Curious why Blake gets the credit. Presumably, all the votes count the same, which means that Blake's vote was no more decisive than the others who voted the same way.

That's what I was wondering. Maybe he was the last one to vote and everyone knew he would be the tiebreaker.

#25 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

I was apart of the vote. I had nothing to do with it.

clever

The NHL has done so much in terms of penalties, the trapezoid, eliminating two line passes etc in order to increase goal scoring which helps to end OT games sooner. There is no need to adopt a 4 on 4 playoff overtime structure in order to simply end games sooner. The whole idea seems ridiculous and would absolutely hurt the integrity of the game.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca