• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

There was a similar thread about Zetterberg in the regular season when he was playing poorly. Well, now it is only fair to call out Pavel as the same. Zetterberg is leading the charge in the playoffs and it is time Datsyuk start playing up to his level as well. Without his production we wont win this series.

Edited by Phazon, 20 April 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#2 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Singling out one player or another after the s***bomb they laid AS A TEAM Sunday is counter-productive.

The entire team needs to step it up, from Lidstrom all the way down to Meech.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#3 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

he's getting a little too fancy but his level of play hasn't really dropped. it's holmstrom and franzen's play that has

Posted Image

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

I just want to see them play hungry and gritty and not back down, regardless of how good or bad they've been playing.

#5 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

I want to see the second period Wings from Game #2 on the offensive side of the puck. The defensive Wings from that period can f*** off.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#6 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Singling out one player or another after the s***bomb they laid AS A TEAM Sunday is counter-productive.

The entire team needs to step it up, from Lidstrom all the way down to Meech.

So it is not okay to single out Datsuyk but it was okay to single out Zetterberg? A thread that was on here for months.

Edited by Phazon, 20 April 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#7 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

So it is not okay to single out Datsuyk but it was okay to single out Zetterberg? A thread that was on here for months.

And no one dissented to that thread? Give me a break.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#8 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

there is always a double standard here. If hossa was still on the team there would be 4 or 5 threads about how he is a ghost and needs to step up. The team is struggling, not just dats. When our team plays up to there potential dats will put up plenty of points.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#9 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

he's getting a little too fancy but his level of play hasn't really dropped. it's holmstrom and franzen's play that has

Franzen got a goal the first shift he played with Zetterberg. It's no coincidence.

Datsyuk is trying to do to make and trying to make plays to much. He just needs to work their D and get it deep. It's cliche but it's the truth.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#10 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

this this this

#11 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Franzen got a goal the first shift he played with Zetterberg. It's no coincidence.

he just happened to float into the right part of the ice :)

Posted Image

#12 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

i also agree with this. He is getting fancy though because for the most part they are standing us up at there blue line and swarming the puck with great speed. Its causing him to try and make "fancy" moves because he has no other options with the puck. Our guys need to get open and maybe play a little more dump and chase.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#13 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

he is getting a little too fancy but it seems like yotes havent been giving him any space at all

#14 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

he is getting a little too fancy but it seems like yotes havent been giving him any space at all

A familiar refrain this time of year. Whatever mojo he was able to grasp in 2007 and 2008 he needs to find again.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, those two years he was united with Zetterberg, which he wasn't in unsuccessful postseasons like 2006 (though abbreviated), and 2009.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#15 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

We need our best players to be our best players. Pavel isn't playing bad but hasn't really stood out either. I do think as well though, if the whole team starts rolling, you can always find Datsyuk near the top. I hope to see a big game 4 from him and Z.

#16 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

It looked to me like Pavel was working really hard on Sunday, but nothing was going right for him. Maybe he was overthinking or over-worrying.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#17 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

I would have to agree to some degree.
First Phoenix goal in the last game would be an example. Dats gets the puck out of the crease only to have it picked up by other team's player who got to be all by himself in the middle of the zone.
Also there have been a number of failed shot attempts after pretty good passes from Pavel. Could have been goals.

But there is also the notion that the best players are able to elevate play of their linemates.

I also noticed that he does not play much on PK. I wounder why? I feel much better when Dats or Z are on the ice to kill penalties.

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan, 20 April 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#18 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Wrong thread.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 20 April 2010 - 06:35 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#19 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

Datsyuk has to play like the best player that he is. He can play much better, and we need our best players to step up.

#20 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

well he did....and now they are up 2-0 because of it.

The entire team was completely and totally better tonight, even though they weren't dominant.

Baby steps people :D
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.