• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Datsyuk needs to step it up

Rate this topic

There was a similar thread about Zetterberg in the regular season when he was playing poorly. Well, now it is only fair to call out Pavel as the same. Zetterberg is leading the charge in the playoffs and it is time Datsyuk start playing up to his level as well. Without his production we wont win this series.

Edited by Phazon

Guest Lidstromboli

he's getting a little too fancy but his level of play hasn't really dropped. it's holmstrom and franzen's play that has

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I want to see the second period Wings from Game #2 on the offensive side of the puck. The defensive Wings from that period can f*** off.

Singling out one player or another after the s***bomb they laid AS A TEAM Sunday is counter-productive.

The entire team needs to step it up, from Lidstrom all the way down to Meech.

So it is not okay to single out Datsuyk but it was okay to single out Zetterberg? A thread that was on here for months.

Edited by Phazon

Guest Howard He Do It?!

So it is not okay to single out Datsuyk but it was okay to single out Zetterberg? A thread that was on here for months.

And no one dissented to that thread? Give me a break.

there is always a double standard here. If hossa was still on the team there would be 4 or 5 threads about how he is a ghost and needs to step up. The team is struggling, not just dats. When our team plays up to there potential dats will put up plenty of points.

he's getting a little too fancy but his level of play hasn't really dropped. it's holmstrom and franzen's play that has

Franzen got a goal the first shift he played with Zetterberg. It's no coincidence.

Datsyuk is trying to do to make and trying to make plays to much. He just needs to work their D and get it deep. It's cliche but it's the truth.

Guest Lidstromboli

Franzen got a goal the first shift he played with Zetterberg. It's no coincidence.

he just happened to float into the right part of the ice :)

i also agree with this. He is getting fancy though because for the most part they are standing us up at there blue line and swarming the puck with great speed. Its causing him to try and make "fancy" moves because he has no other options with the puck. Our guys need to get open and maybe play a little more dump and chase.

he is getting a little too fancy but it seems like yotes havent been giving him any space at all

A familiar refrain this time of year. Whatever mojo he was able to grasp in 2007 and 2008 he needs to find again.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, those two years he was united with Zetterberg, which he wasn't in unsuccessful postseasons like 2006 (though abbreviated), and 2009.

We need our best players to be our best players. Pavel isn't playing bad but hasn't really stood out either. I do think as well though, if the whole team starts rolling, you can always find Datsyuk near the top. I hope to see a big game 4 from him and Z.

I would have to agree to some degree.

First Phoenix goal in the last game would be an example. Dats gets the puck out of the crease only to have it picked up by other team's player who got to be all by himself in the middle of the zone.

Also there have been a number of failed shot attempts after pretty good passes from Pavel. Could have been goals.

But there is also the notion that the best players are able to elevate play of their linemates.

I also noticed that he does not play much on PK. I wounder why? I feel much better when Dats or Z are on the ice to kill penalties.

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan

well he did....and now they are up 2-0 because of it.

The entire team was completely and totally better tonight, even though they weren't dominant.

Baby steps people :D

Well said, but as the original OP stated, everyone called out Z earlier...and he has been a stud! He deserves major cudos for the way he has played so far. As for Pasha, I hope tonights goal gets the money off Datsyuk's back!