• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Pierre's thoughts during commercial breaks

Rate this topic

The online stream I had tonight didn't have any commercial breaks and instead had the commentary of Pierre and Gord Miller. Pierre had some interesting things to say.

Here's what Pierre said about the Wings. "They're old, they're tired, they've played a lot of hockey."

He then said that he thinks that Zetterberg is playing injured.

Before the third period, they were showing people and the crowd. They showed a heavily overweight man and Gord asked Pierre if he bought two seats for the game. lol

Finally, before the third, Pierre told one of the refs that they needed to change the highstick rule.

It was pretty fun to watch what goes on during commercials. A lot of talk about the replays they show once they come back from break.

Here's what Pierre said about the Wings. "They're old, they're tired, they've played a lot of hockey."

I've litteraly been hearing this since right after we went back to back in 97/98. It's whatever. We still have Z/D/Franzen/Flip in their primes and have plenty of time to rebuild on the fly, just as we did with this team.

They say that every year. I'm pretty sure it's just reflexive at this point.

"Okay, Pierre, I'm going to check your reflexes by tapping your knee with this little hammer."

*tap*

"The Red Wings are old and tired! They've played too much in the last three years!"

"Umm, okay, Pierre, now turn your head and cough..."

Alright I have a story that i assume most people will enjoy. I live in chicago so I have to watch the redwings games on VS, nhl network and if all else fails a third party website that does live streams (no center ice available by my provider). Anyways tonight was one of those nights, there were two links available. I tried the first one, really grainy and just not a good view. The second one was better but it crapped out at the 10 minute mark of the first period. I go back to the site and try the second one again. I get a new feed from the same link. I think ok its clearer than the other one lets do this. Well the game goes to commercial break. So the screen goes black but then it goes right back to a feed of JLA, where i can hear all the announcers for TSN talking to each other and talking about the game and various other things. And so the meat of the story begins...

Now it starts off with them being professional and figuring out what they will talk about after the break, who they will go to first and second, organizing their highlights. So im interested in all of this because you never get to see this kind of thing. The first period ends and literally the entire intermission is a shot of the scoreboard in JLA counting down the intermission. There is a little conversation but nothing major. The second period begins and the goal happens. Pierre is non stop about "if they just made the rule always the shoulder they wouldn't have these issues." Which was a good point but he said it about 5 times during break then another 2-3 times during the actual live feed.

Second intermission. The funny stuff starts happening. One of the announcers in the booth is talking with pierre and they are talking about being aggressive and he starts doing this devilish voice saying "Vengeance Now!!! Vengeance Now!!!! Vengeance Now!!!". Then goes all serious 5 seconds later for the live feed. After this they had a feed of the "fan cam" which basically just shoots the people in the stands. And its on a rather portly redwings fan is on the picture and this is a verbatum quote from pierre "look at this fella...wonder if he bought two seats?". The other announcers start cracking up. Well the third period starts and it goes pretty uneventful as far as commentary. Then pierre drops this perfect gem:

The song Telephone by Lady Gaga and Beyonce was playing in the stadium. No prompting, no prior conversation Pierre in an interested and curiosly optimistic tone goes "Who sings this song?!?". I started dying laughing.

The wings then went on to win 3 to 0 and it made for one of the most entertaining viewings of a redwings game i've ever had. I'll be looking for this feed again, thats for sure!

They say that every year. I'm pretty sure it's just reflexive at this point.

"Okay, Pierre, I'm going to check your reflexes by tapping your knee with this little hammer."

*tap*

"The Red Wings are old and tired! They've played too much in the last three years!"

"Umm, okay, Pierre, now turn your head and cough..."

:thumbup:

:lol:

I've seen this same thing happen a few times with the FSD feed. Its fun to see. I remember Murph was clearing his throat for like an entire commercial break. Another time Mick and Ken talked about how many hotdogs they would eat on dollar hot dog night.

Always fun stuff.

The online stream I had tonight didn't have any commercial breaks and instead had the commentary of Pierre and Gord Miller. Pierre had some interesting things to say.

He then said that he thinks that Zetterberg is playing injured.

Before the third period, they were showing people and the crowd. They showed a heavily overweight man and Gord asked Pierre if he bought two seats for the game. lol

Finally, before the third, Pierre told one of the refs that they needed to change the highstick rule.

It was pretty fun to watch what goes on during commercials. A lot of talk about the replays they show once they come back from break.

I wonder how he wants them to change it? Back to shoulder height or to a ruling that disallows any Wings goal, because he rarely ever has something good to say about them, and obviously prefers (along with the NHL Media) that Phoenix win this series.

The song Telephone by Lady Gaga and Beyonce was playing in the stadium. No prompting, no prior conversation Pierre in an interested and curiosly optimistic tone goes "Who sings this song?!?". I started dying laughing.
That's ******* hilarious. Oh my. :lol:

Guest mindfly

What's hilarious about it.. that Everyone should automatically know that Telephone is sung by Lady Gaga?

What's hilarious about it.. that Everyone should automatically know that Telephone is sung by Lady Gaga?

No, the humour comes from the fallacy that Pierre liking a song which most people wouldn't consider "manly" makes him ***.

edit: yeah it's a fallacy and it's not logical... but it's still funny :P

Edited by ComradeWasabi

Guest Lidstromboli

i was watching that feed too

i love hearing those guys yabber during the breaks