• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Pierre's thoughts during commercial breaks

Rate this topic

The online stream I had tonight didn't have any commercial breaks and instead had the commentary of Pierre and Gord Miller. Pierre had some interesting things to say.

Here's what Pierre said about the Wings. "They're old, they're tired, they've played a lot of hockey."

He then said that he thinks that Zetterberg is playing injured.

Before the third period, they were showing people and the crowd. They showed a heavily overweight man and Gord asked Pierre if he bought two seats for the game. lol

Finally, before the third, Pierre told one of the refs that they needed to change the highstick rule.

It was pretty fun to watch what goes on during commercials. A lot of talk about the replays they show once they come back from break.

Old, tired, played a lot of hockey......What, do they just read the same material from 8 years ago?

Detroit is hardly old anymore.

Miller. Eaves. Stuart, Kronwall. Datsyuk. Zetterberg. Erricson. Abdelkader. Howard. All....not very old.

Now, lets look at some old guys. Lidstrom. Holmstrom. Draper. All guys better than many teams could even get on their second lines, despite age.

The list goes on. If anything, Detroit is starting to look like one of the more rookie teams in the league, than an "old" team. Where do they get that crap from?

---------

When teams that have not done well make it far in the playoffs, the ratings go up. People from a whole new demographic suddenly become hockey fans. (Aka Pittsburgh is the best example of this).

The commentators are suppose to talk mad s*** about the teams that generate the most revenue. It's no longer about who is the best, in the NHL's eyes. It's about who will garner the greatest income long term.

It's a sad time for hockey, but it's simple truth. I bet if you go back and watch the last 15 years of Sportscenter, Wings have never been picked overall as the team to win the cup. Not even in 2002, when it was practically a given.

Wings winning doesn't earn fans. We're all already fans. Some s*** team like Phoenix winning....now that gets them a whole new demographic of fans, a whole new set of people to sell s*** too.

The media, and all people associated with it, are for the most part....bulls***.

I think I've had enough of Pierre. Last night was just a gong show with his "Phoenix reminds me of the 2006 Edmonton Oilers", and "Phoenix has an excellent defensive system going" when Detroit was out shooting the Coyotes 11-6 at the time. I found the first 5 minutes of the game and all his man love and a hard on for Phoenix very unprofessional and water coolerish. I expect more from people who get paid to analyze games.

That clown should have just showed up in a cheer leading outfit with a Coyotes logo on it and pom poms. Personally I think he lowers the quality of the broadcast with his comments and yelling. I have no idea what TSN and NBC see in him. He's better suited for WWE than the NHL.

As much as I'd want to watch Ovechkin tonight, I'm going to pass because Pierre is between the benches. I'll check out Buffalo-Boston on CBC instead and see the Habs-Caps highlights on The Score. It probably won't do any good, but I'm going to let TSN know I have no interest in hearing Pierre's opinions anymore.

Yes I'm quoting myself :square:

So I sent an e-mail to audiencerelations@tsn.ca about McGuire. I've had enough of him, so I voiced my displeasure to TSN. I won't post the e-mail because it's pretty much the same as what I wrote here.

I'm sure it won't do anything, but sometimes you just have to speak your mind right? Plus I say if you voice your opinions and complaints to the proper people, you have every reason to talk about it and complain.

The media, and all people associated with it, are for the most part....bulls***.

Agreed, it's the reason why I don't waste my time listening to intermissions, pre and post games shows, and analysis on the national TV broadcasts.

I find the radio shows are good because they actually talk to guys from the team's local crews or FSN and you get great insights!

In the end it doesn't matter what Pierre thinks. We can be up by 10 goals and he will still be criticizing us or talking up the opposing team, but when you look at our team on paper we are one of the most successful franchises ever. As much as what his commentary and Mike Milbury's commentary gets under my skin you just have to take this guy with a grain of salt.