• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

The Mule

Rate this topic

Just an observation...The Mule seems to be having some difficulty managing the puck and making good decisions. Tonight he looked a bit slow and took an idiotic penalty in a 1-0 game. Although he has made some pretty passes and has gotten on the scoreboard, he doesn't look as hungry or as much of a force as he has in the past.

Do you think he feels pressure to perform because he has been a playoff monster or do you think he isnt 100%...Perhaps its just me, but he has played a bit lazy thus far. Thoughts?

I wouldn't say his penalty was idiotic. The guy did touch the puck or at least looked like he was going to catch it and continue skating. Mule was committed to the hit before he could tell the guy missed it. I think the puck still hit him anyways and really could've not been a penalty. Mule should hit like that more often. Back before he was a scoring machine he laid ppl out left and right.

The highlights on NHL.com kind of made it look like he had a decent game.

This video was just recommended to me by YouTube:

Yeesh.

Franzen hasn't dove like that for a while but he went for a time there where he was always laying on the ice. Can't respect that.

Ok, so he crushed one guy, elbowed a dude in the face and got an assist in tonights game....the rest of game he looked average.

Am I the only one who thinks so??

No, I think you have a point. He hasn't really been bad--but certainly not the same beast he was in the last two runs.

Actually, I think Pavel's been working hard all over the ice and Mule hasn't really kept up in the intensity department (save for the few moments you mentioned).

If Franzen can get going (especially down low), I think it'll create a lot more space for Datsyuk. Because of the way that Phoenix is playing Pavel so tight, I think a more assertive Mule would really help him out.

Well, I may be kind of biased here, but I'm going to agree with Motown - he looked kind of average. I thought he did better than Sunday's game, although on the other hand, so did everybody else, and while everybody else was A LOT better, he just got it back up to more of an acceptable level.

I did like that he was getting more physical, although I'd like to see fewer penalties on those hits, ahem. I'd rather he just got back to being a scoring machine, though.

I wouldn't say his penalty was idiotic. The guy did touch the puck or at least looked like he was going to catch it and continue skating. Mule was committed to the hit before he could tell the guy missed it. I think the puck still hit him anyways and really could've not been a penalty. Mule should hit like that more often. Back before he was a scoring machine he laid ppl out left and right.

I believe they are talking about his penalty in the offensive zone where he crosschecked a guy at random. No reason for him to do that.

Yep. He hasn't looked good...but is everyone forgetting he's coming off a serious knee injury? I think he'll find his rhythm soon. He's pretty streaky.

Actually in this game he seemed more engaged. The previous 3...not so much. I contend both he and Bert have to play with some grit for us to go deep. This was the first game from Mule where I thought he was on the right track.

I believe they are talking about his penalty in the offensive zone where he crosschecked a guy at random. No reason for him to do that.

Yep, thats what i was talking about. I mean...if you aren't gonna be an asset per se, don't hurt us by making a useless, stupid decision. I like him being physical and he, in my opinion, is at his best when he is using his big body, but as I said in my original post, he just seems to be making poor decisions with the puck.

Like I said, this wasnt a hater thread at all, but the last 3 games, he had looked disengaged to me and I just wondered if other felt that way as well.

Yep. He hasn't looked good...but is everyone forgetting he's coming off a serious knee injury? I think he'll find his rhythm soon. He's pretty streaky.

Exactly. While he was injured some people mentioned that it can take a player up to a year before he's back to the player he was before that kind of injury.

The way he played right after coming back, no doubt fueled by a ton adrenaline, I think gave people too high expectations on him.

Guest mindfly

He recieved his career long contract, he doesn't have as much to play for...people on here just won't admit it or take that into consideration saying "THEY ARE PRO's" well they are human's as well obviously.

Edited by mindfly

he did not have the usual kick in his game starting the playoffs... He does not seem 100%.

I saw him running twice on Brizgalov on a PP, old-Mule liked. This was only in the third period and Brizgalov was rock-solid, but it looked pretty dangerous... More dangerous than any crashing the net by Bertuzzl all season long.

He has 4 points in 4 games, and tied for 2nd in team points. Definitely appears frustrated that he is being held to low % shots and not finishing as many plays. His first goal of the series was a low % shot that simply beat the goalie, but could not overcome the existing deficit. He is lucky he did not get a major for the elbow last night and doubly lucky that Howard gave the team a shutout.

When he gets a goal like this, cutting to the net and carrying the puck, I think it will spark a lot more emotion on the ice and lift the team a lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NMMn6FSGiQ

Give Mule a break.

HE BLEW OUT AN ACL! While improved technology and techniques allow these to be fixed faster, recovery time is still limited by by the human attached. RETURNING TO PLAY DURING THE SAME SEASON YOU BLEW AN ACL WAS UNFATHOMABLE JUST A FEW YEARS AGO!!!

Any player (football, baseball, basketball) who blows out their knee basically needs a year (or more) to return to full functionality at a professional athletic level (if ever.)

His decreased performance is completely predictable and to be expected. The alternative is to have him sit out the rest of the season and rehab. Is THAT what you really want?!

Just an observation...The Mule seems to be having some difficulty managing the puck and making good decisions. Tonight he looked a bit slow and took an idiotic penalty in a 1-0 game. Although he has made some pretty passes and has gotten on the scoreboard, he doesn't look as hungry or as much of a force as he has in the past.

Do you think he feels pressure to perform because he has been a playoff monster or do you think he isnt 100%...Perhaps its just me, but he has played a bit lazy thus far. Thoughts?

It's because I haven't put his numbers and name on my new jersey. I wanted to do it last year, but the loss to the Pens made me put it away for the summer. I'll be rectifying that this week, so no worries.

His play has been bothering me as well, he has had sooooo many chances around the crease area (as well as Cleary) and there not putting them in. These are the goals we put in year after year and one of the keys behind our success, he has to battle more.

Now on to Flip, he has been outstanding thus far but what the hell was he doing not reaching around the net and tapping that puck in? I mean he had three mississippi's for christ sakes :ranting:

Well to be fair, he had a nice goal in game 3 that put us within one until Jimmy let in a crap goal... And he has had at least 2 amazing assists, in game 2 and game 4, setting up Datsyuk for the finish... No, he isn't scoring 9 goals a series but the guy just came off a 4 month injury and he is still one of the best players on the team... Plus, yesterday he made a sick move in tight on a defensemen to cut in close for a shot, it just didn't go in... IMO, he is a big, if not the biggest, reason that this team has been on a role since the olympic break... He's not going to burry every chance; give the guy a break.

Give Mule a break.

HE BLEW OUT AN ACL! While improved technology and techniques allow these to be fixed faster, recovery time is still limited by by the human attached. RETURNING TO PLAY DURING THE SAME SEASON YOU BLEW AN ACL WAS UNFATHOMABLE JUST A FEW YEARS AGO!!!

Any player (football, baseball, basketball) who blows out their knee basically needs a year (or more) to return to full functionality at a professional athletic level (if ever.)

His decreased performance is completely predictable and to be expected. The alternative is to have him sit out the rest of the season and rehab. Is THAT what you really want?!

Umm, if you read the original post, I stated it wasnt a hater thread: I was looking for discussuion so I am not throwing the guy under a bus or not giving him a break. I asked this question- if he was 100% yet as to why he didnt look like the same old Mule we know and love. NOBODY said sit him down.