• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 RedWings

RedWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

3 games and zero goals so far for Chicago's huge summer acquisition.
With Nashville leading the series, will the guy at least score one before golf course ?

The bad mojo for Chicago will obviously get going, this is not the question, but will he be able to at least score an empty netter and justify his huge salary ???

:)

#2 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

I'm sure he will score one on a open net or get frustrated and score on himself, so I choose Yes.

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 21 April 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#3 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

Game 4 is coming up so I'm sure he will chip in with his usual 2 goals.

If he wasn't going to score before, this thread will ensure that he does :P

Edited by crotty99, 21 April 2010 - 07:40 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#4 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Not if they're out in 5.Posted Image

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#5 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:05 AM

Hell, even Kopecky scored last night.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#6 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hell, even Kopecky scored last night.

It's amazing how much playing time Q gives that guy. I hate to break it to you Joel, but just because he follows Hossa like a lap-dog doesn't mean he can score on anywhere near a regular basis.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#7 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

It's amazing how much playing time Q gives that guy. I hate to break it to you Joel, but just because he follows Hossa like a lap-dog doesn't mean he can score on anywhere near a regular basis.

:thumbup:

lol so true

#8 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

Worry about Wings.

I too find it incredible that Kopecky gets so much ice time with the talent on that team. Good for him. Moving over there was certainly a step up for him.
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#9 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Their entire team is sucking, having only 3 players score 4 total goals in three games.

Zetterberg has scored more goals than their entire team. Filppula has almost scored as many goals as their entire team.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 21 April 2010 - 09:35 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#10 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Preds have a very solid team and Rinne is no slouch, people need to give credit where credit is due - they have earned it as they play hard and have talent
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#11 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

Filppula > Hossa.

:D

Hossa's got one secondary assist for the series and is -4. Good stuff.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#12 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

Their entire team is sucking, having only 3 players score 4 total goals in three games.

It's incredible. I thought that their late-season skid was them merely resting up, turns out it wasn't. They don't look anything like the team they have been for the past couple of years.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#13 Quadnational

Quadnational

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

Yes, he already scored... he deflected the puck in off of his stick into his own net on the first or second Nashville goal last night.... :clap:

Edited by Quadnational, 21 April 2010 - 10:02 AM.

"Just too strong for us, our top players were not even close to them, not even close. We couldn't make a damn pass. It's like they were playing against kids."
Minnesota coach Jacques Lemaire commenting on the Red Wings after they beat his team 5-0

#14 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

He is not producing so it is unacceptable but if you have watched the games, he is skating hard and creating chances. He almost had a couple of goals and he set up his linemates a few times on chances that they didnt finish. I am positive that he will start to put up some points before he is out.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#15 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

I like Hossa but frankly I don't give a damm if he scores or not, I just want the Hawks out of the playoffs

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

He is not producing so it is unacceptable but if you have watched the games, he is skating hard and creating chances. He almost had a couple of goals and he set up his linemates a few times on chances that they didnt finish. I am positive that he will start to put up some points before he is out.

Almost doesn't win games.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#17 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

he would be finishing if he was still of the wings... sigh...

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#18 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

I like Hossa but frankly I don't give a damm if he scores or not, I just want the Hawks out of the playoffs

This.

#19 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

And we have Bertuzzi almost scoring goals for a lot less cap hit.

#20 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

hossa will get 2 goals in game 4. he will then go goal-less until game 4 of the 2nd round, at which time he will score 2 more. history repeats itself.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!