• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CanadaBoy

Datsyuk among Lady Byng finalists

Rate this topic

Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings, Brad Richards of the Dallas Stars and Martin St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning are the finalists for the 2009-10 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.

The Lady Byng is presented annually "to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=526456

Edited by CanadaBoy

wow was not aware that richards and st louis had so many points this year damn

what do they judge on? points or how many games without a penalty cause dats went from oct 3 to jan 7 without a penalty 31 games while richards was 30 games dec 17 and st louis was 15 games nov 12

anyway go dats!

Edited by brett

wow was not aware that richards and st louis had so many points this year damn

what do they judge on? points or how many games without a penalty cause dats went from oct 3 to jan 7 without a penalty 31 games while richards was 30 games dec 17 and st louis was 15 games nov 12

anyway go dats!

I was wondering the same thing, 31 straight games without a penalty is pretty impressive.

I dunno if he can win it, that "Boarding" call last night was pretty vicious..lol

I know you're being sarcastic, but just a note, the voting is done by the end of the regular season. These were just the top three vote-getters. The award winners sans the playoff awards have already been finished.

How have the results not been leaked as spoilers for fans?

It's how they come up with the three finalists and such. The three finalists are the three guys who received the three most votes, and that is what is "leaked". It's been the same for years.

It's like how in the NBA the winner gets leaked because the people who count the votes and tally everything up can't keep their mouths shut after they tell the commissioner or whoever they report to their findings to haha.

"I don't want it. Lady Byng, are you kidding me? If they give it to me I won't show up. They'll have to kidnap me to make me go to the awards ceremony." - Alex Mogilny

Alex Mogilny is SO HARD!!! :ranting: