• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manoir

Vancouver-conspiracy theories

Rate this topic

It's so funny to me. Last year other teams fans (including those same canucks fans) couldn't stop calling sour grapes on a rather large amount of fans saying that the NHL absolutely puts things in teams favors that would benefit the league if that team wins.

Now that it's happening to a Canadian team, suddenly it's gaining steam.

How long before it happens to enough teams where people start going

wait,..this isn't right

I'll be on the lookout if the final four turns out to be:

Washington, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Anyone remember the weird pattern of calls WAS got in Game 2 against MTL? How do you not raise an eyebrow after that?

Well, who would think that a fan base that when the Nucks clinched their playoff birth started planning the parade would believe something irrational?

In my view, those calls against Vancouver were correct and ballsy as hell. 7 guys on the ice and Sedin went beyond turning his skate blade and propelled the puck with a slight kick. If the refs had the stones to call that too many men against Pittsburgh last finals, perhaps the Wings could have bagged one on the pp as well.

I'm listening to two Canucks fans whining a blue streak right now about the goal. Saying how Bertuzzi's goal was not a goal when it went off his blade. Wah wah wah, get over it.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If the Canucks lose this series their fans will pretend it was some conspiracy to eliminate them. What they won't do is blame their piss poor penalty killing and piss poor goaltending.

If the Canucks lose this series their fans will pretend it was some conspiracy to eliminate them. What they won't do is blame their piss poor penalty killing and piss poor goaltending.

Are Wing's fans any different?

Hell we even had a conspiracy thread before the series even started.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Are Wing's fans any different?

Hell we even had a conspiracy thread before the series even started.

Which I promptly denounced.

Which I promptly denounced.

Fair enough, so did I.

But I wouldn't throw all of Vancouver's fan base under the bus for these theories when every fanbase would do.

Especially considering that Sedin no goal was questionable at the very least.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Fair enough, so did I.

But I wouldn't throw all of Vancouver's fan base under the bus for these theories when every fanbase would do.

Every fan base has their crazies, but their are the level headed ones too. In regards to the Sedin no-goal call, I haven't come into contact with one single Canucks fan that believes it was just a bad call. It was a close call and I can see the justification for calling it no-goal, but I can also see the justification for it standing as a goal. So far I keep hearing "It's a conspiracy!" and "Mike Murphy is giving the Kings the series." It's just a total joke. The level head Canucks fans, if they exist, need to calm the crazies down.

If the situation was reversed between Detroit for Vancouver and Pittsburgh for Los Angeles, and Mike Murphy was a former Penguin Wings fans would be just a vocal about the "conspiracy" as the Canuck fans have been.

This is just another example of fans wanting the best for their team, people are people there's not a whole lot of difference between fan bases(except habs fans).

Fair enough, so did I.

I agree with you. Well, still questionable disallowed goal but I guess that was a good goal. By the way, some people dislike the Canucks not by the team itself but because of their arrogant fans. I live in Vancouver and have seen so many people who just say all Canucks are superior to other teams' players. Tired of hearing this every season; hatred to Canucks may be stereotype but you know, there is always a reason for a stereotype.

I think we got the conspiracy theory thing on these boards as well. If NBA refs can be bought, I say the NHL might make some decisions as far as reffing that can be viewed as fixing (aka not calling the game like it should be) for financial reasons (as an example).

However, the Canucks played like crap. After the kicking goal was called back why couldn't the Sedin line get back on the ice and put a legit one in? I thought they were supposed to be really good. Their D sucked last night and they barely won in regulation (thanks to a Sedin goal). LA is not a team that scares me and we knew the Wings had a pretty good shot at beating them if we played them because 'Couver's defense is not in pristine shape (far from it at times). It's their own damn fault they lost. A ref can blow a call and maybe a game because of it, but they can't fix the entire series.

Atleast their players and coach have their heads on straight. The thoughts below sum up mine perfectly. You earn your own breaks.

“You earn your own breaks and we're not earning our breaks right now,” said Daniel Sedin.

“I don't think it's like that at all,” said Roberto Luongo. “Whatever calls are made are out of our control. And I'm a big believe that you make your own breaks.”

Coach Alain Vigneault isn't looking for evidence of Bettman on a grassy knoll.

“I do think that at the end of the day things even out,” he said. “And if you work extra hard you make your own luck.”

Conspiracy theories aside (they're nutty), the Canucks have had three highly questionable and controversial calls go against them this series.

The game-changer call on Bieksa when the rule clearly states that if a puck hits a player accidentally that he will not be penalized.

The ridiculous no goal call off the skate.

And during game three, a King had an obvious hold on a Canucks stick that wasn't called. That happens and that's fine. But what was revealed on HNIC last night was that referee (Steve Kozari) did see it and call it, he then looked at his partner (Paul Devorsky) and pulled his hand back down when he realized Devorski's hand wasn't also up. Ron McLean was all over this last night and showed the video of this happening. Referees are never supposed to do that under any circumstances. It defeats the entire purpose of the two referee system. As a result, the Canucks lost out on a PP opportunity in a tight game. As I said, that happens, but the way in which it happened is disgraceful.

However, the only conspiracy that exists, is a conspiracy of idiocy that has quite possibly cost the Canucks at the very least, one playoff game.

Guest scottj

However, the Canucks played like crap. After the kicking goal was called back why couldn't the Sedin line get back on the ice and put a legit one in?

1st: kind of a lot to ask for somebody to score 2 goals in a close period of time, let alone in a whole game

2nd: D. Sedin did score another goal... not long after that. that call pissed me off, i didn't want the canucks to win but i did want d. sedin to score only because he was f***ed on that call

you should really read the box score