• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
syntax

Which NHLer would you like to punch in the face?

Rate this topic

I'd like to see an honest pie chart of where the hate comes from. How much of it is jealousy? How much of it is because he has the demeanor of a huge ******? How much of it is because of his apparent sense of entitlement?

Speaking for myself, I'm not jealous of Crosby. We have very talented guys on our team that surprise, surprise.......no one wants to punch in the face. We have gold medalists and Stanley Cup champs as well, so it's not like we're all pining for that either.

Frankly, he comes off like a whiny brat. The bitching to refs every other whistle, the dives, the after-the-whistle pushing and shoving, the apparent sense of entitlement as you put it....put it all together and you have a talented, but completely unlikeable person. I don't think anyone here, least of all myself has said he's NOT talented, because he is. He obviously wouldn't have achieved what he did in such a short period of time if he wasn't any good. So that's not in question. His attitude is, and for me, that goes a long way. Put Crosby in a Wings uniform and everyone would love him (after getting over the initial strokes and heart attacks that would follow the announcement) because within 5 minutes of being in our system, he'd get put in his place and told that in no uncertain terms, would we put up with it. Suddenly you'd see the humble, quiet and Yzerman-like Crosby. We'd all be wearing #88 jerseys and naming our first born sons Sidney.

That's the difference between OUR team and everyone else.

Speaking for myself, I'm not jealous of Crosby. We have very talented guys on our team that surprise, surprise.......no one wants to punch in the face. We have gold medalists and Stanley Cup champs as well, so it's not like we're all pining for that either.

Frankly, he comes off like a whiny brat. The bitching to refs every other whistle, the dives, the after-the-whistle pushing and shoving, the apparent sense of entitlement as you put it....put it all together and you have a talented, but completely unlikeable person. I don't think anyone here, least of all myself has said he's NOT talented, because he is. He obviously wouldn't have achieved what he did in such a short period of time if he wasn't any good. So that's not in question. His attitude is, and for me, that goes a long way. Put Crosby in a Wings uniform and everyone would love him (after getting over the initial strokes and heart attacks that would follow the announcement) because within 5 minutes of being in our system, he'd get put in his place and told that in no uncertain terms, would we put up with it. Suddenly you'd see the humble, quiet and Yzerman-like Crosby. We'd all be wearing #88 jerseys and naming our first born sons Sidney.

That's the difference between OUR team and everyone else.

Agree with this post 100%.

P.S. Watch out for Carman trolling.

Crosby hate is suffocating here. Sheesh.

Guess what: He acts like a 22 year old put in a highly stressful situation. He's a human being who gets frustrated, angry, all sorts of bad emotions! And he's a pretty boring interview (like 99% of athletes).

He's also a beast of a hockey player. He's gotten better every year. He also works his ass off to hold onto the puck, get in good positions, etc etc.

He may not have the best attitude, but he clearly has a passion for hockey and he's beyond talented.

Ignore the childish actions of someone who's barely an adult and just admire the way he plays. You'll get over it. If you've watched the Pitt-Ottawa series with your hate glasses off, you might have realized why he gets all the accolades he does.

On-topic: If I got a free shot, it'd be at Pronger (extremely talented guy, but he's vicious). If my punchee was allowed to fight back, I wouldn't take a swing at anyone in the league :lol:

Edited by David

Oh geez, I have a list...

Crosby, Pronger, Cooke, Hartnell, Joe Thornton, Heatley, Burrows, Ovechkin (no reason except to take his ego down a couple pegs), Avery, Ott (general principles), and Wayne Gretzky - that one I've always wanted to do.

I'm sure Pronger, Crosby, Perry, etc are popular answers, but I really want to punch Legace or Jason Williams in the face. They both have the type of face you just want to walk up and punch, really hard.

Willy and Lebda have that kind of ****** look to them that you just want to punch them in the face.

Adrian Aucoin right now... Nick Lidstrom at 40 is still better than you at any point of your VERY mediocre career you ass... Your pathetic and so is your BANKRUPT organization

Edited by Rockitman