• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kayla Veres

ccm jersey or reebok premiere?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I am no stranger to this forum. Have been coming here for almost 2 years now and I'm just shy when it comes to posting. I am in the market to purchase a jersey and I have a couple questions.

I see that sportsk.com is recommended amongst you all for purchasing your jerseys and I see they are also selling the 2007 ccm jerseys and from what I have read the reebok premiere ones aren't as nice. Should I purchase the ccm 2007 version or the reebok premiere? I know that sportsk.com sews the letters on but is there a different in quality between the two?

Thank you all in advance and if there is any threads that have already discussed this and I have missed please let me know!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The RBK jersey with give you a slimmer fit than the CCM jerseys. The RBK still gives you plenty of room though, it's just more slimline. I actually like it a lot better.

The RBK jersey with give you a slimmer fit than the CCM jerseys. The RBK still gives you plenty of room though, it's just more slimline. I actually like it a lot better.

I'm not sure how the sizing chart works since I'm a girl. I can wear my boyfriends t-shirts and he wears a medium. I'm just not sure that being only 5ft tall if I will look like I'm wearing a huge dress lol

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I am no stranger to this forum. Have been coming here for almost 2 years now and I'm just shy when it comes to posting. I am in the market to purchase a jersey and I have a couple questions.

I see that sportsk.com is recommended amongst you all for purchasing your jerseys and I see they are also selling the 2007 ccm jerseys and from what I have read the reebok premiere ones aren't as nice. Should I purchase the ccm 2007 version or the reebok premiere? I know that sportsk.com sews the letters on but is there a different in quality between the two?

Thank you all in advance and if there is any threads that have already discussed this and I have missed please let me know!

I'm not sure how the sizing chart works since I'm a girl. I can wear my boyfriends t-shirts and he wears a medium. I'm just not sure that being only 5ft tall if I will look like I'm wearing a huge dress lol

It's all personal choice. They both have their ups and downs.

First off, sizing. The sizes between the two are going to be different, as there are a few variations on how the jerseys are cut. The best guide I've found to explain the differences is at IceJerseys.com. The CCM that you see on SportsK is included in that chart, about 1/4 of the way down, listed as "CCM 550 Vintage", and of course the RBK Premiere is there as well.

As far as design differences, The RBK jersey will have the NHL shield on the front of the collar/neck, whereas the CCM will not (not surprising, considering the NHL shield was only added in when the teams all changed to the new styles). Also, the RBK jersey will have the sizing tag on the front left of the jersey, but the CCM does not.

RBK Premier is on the left, CCM 550 on the right

post-3124-12719078550117_thumb.pngpost-3124-12719078659658_thumb.png

I have 8 CCM jerseys, all purchased before the switch to the new RBK jersey style. I do have an Edge/Authentic Winter Classic jersey, but I don't own any of the Premier/Replicas. But, from what I've seen from a few trips to Hockeytown Authentics and the Joe, the material on the Premier/Replica and the CCM/Replica is identical (or very close to it). So no major difference there.

Oh, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed by ordering from SportsK. They are hands down the best place for Wings jerseys on the net, and are literally the only place I shop if I want a new Wings sweater.

Hope all of this helps! And welcome to LGW!

Thank you so much everyone for the fast and detailed answers! Nice name Jedi. My boyfriend is a HUGE star wars fan and I am now by default lol. I'm gonna sit on my options for the next few days and figure out which one would be best. What turned me off about the reebok jerseys is the fact that if you purchase them online or in stores the letters are heat pressed on. But since I'm going to order through sportsk I guess it doesn't really matter. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate the responses and the friendly welcome :D

If you can wear your boyfirend's medium shirts comfortably, a medium will probably fit you pretty well.

Personally I like to go a size or two larger (I think jerseys look better that way), but it's personal choice.

Here's a good jersey sizing chart.

the numbers on those jerseys are horrendous.

for $350 less...i will take my s***ty numbers, thank you :D . i have bought 5 jerseys from different sellers and the majority of them look pretty chill. my boy got a funny winter classic jersey with the "d" on the from turned upside down...they gave him his money back (including shipping) after he emailed a picture. he got to keep the jersey to get a good laugh.

for $350 less...i will take my s***ty numbers, thank you :D . i have bought 5 jerseys from different sellers and the majority of them look pretty chill. my boy got a funny winter classic jersey with the "d" on the from turned upside down...they gave him his money back (including shipping) after he emailed a picture. he got to keep the jersey to get a good laugh.

I've grabbed one from DHGate, too. I ended up selling it. My only question for you is, if you've purchased 5 jerseys at roughly $50 a pop - why not just buy 1 RBK Premier from SportsK and have it customized?

That's just me - but it's the route I'm going to take.

A little OT......I have a Reebok Premier and a couple of CCM jerseys. I just bought a Reebok Premier jersey from SportsK. With all of my other jerseys they just go in the washer with cold water on the delicate cycle. I have never had any issues with any other them, and have had my Yzerman jersey for about 12 years. SportsK recommends hand washing the jerseys from them. Does anyone actually do this? I am not sure why they would require and different handling than my other jerseys.

F.Michael,

Yeah I do the whole inside out, Woolite thing, as well. The main reason I asked is that I got my new jersey from SportsK and washed it like that and ended up with pink letters. They got back to me and sent me a UPS label within the hour and are going to make me a new jersey. I have never seen any color run on a polyester jersey before, and it sounded like they never did either.

I was going to wear the new jersey for game 3, so I am pretty sure the Wings lost because I didn't have it. Maybe I should ask SportsK for a free patch or something!

5 jerseys at $50? You could have an authentic with real lettering/numbering for that price.

http://www.sportsk.com/deredwiedaur.html

Just saying. Those DHGate jerseys look absolutely terrible.

You can get a replica with sewn on numbers for $128 on sportsk.com.

I have a complex problem, hehe, but I'm going to try to keep this short. I want an Yzerman jersey, and I don't know if I should get a CCM or Reebok one.

Reasons to get CCM:

1. Stevie stopped playing before they switched from CCM to Reebok, so a CCM one would be more authentic.

Reasons to get Reebok:

1. Their replica medium is wider, armpit-to-armpit, than CCM's (24 3/4" vs. 23", according to icejerseys.com), and that's kinda the key measurement for me.

2. SportsK.com has Reeboks of all sizes in stock, whereas they only have Yzerman CCMs left in size small. Would anybody notice/care besides me if I got a Reebok one?

Now, at this point it seems like the Reebok one is winning, but hold it! One more point to ponder: I have a Shanny CCM sweater that's a youth XL. It works, but it's a little tight. Now, I'm wondering if I took a gamble (which is undoubtedly a bad idea) and got one of the small Yzerman CCM ones SportsK.com has, would it be wider than the youth XL? My experience with band t-shirts tells me that youth sizes are usually cut wider than adult sizes, so even though I'd technically be going up a size to the small, it's possible that the shirttail and sleeves would just be longer and it wouldn't be much wider. Agree/disagree?

Edited by MulesWillFly93

I have a complex problem, hehe, but I'm going to try to keep this short. I want an Yzerman jersey, and I don't know if I should get a CCM or Reebok one.

Reasons to get CCM:

1. Stevie stopped playing before they switched from CCM to Reebok, so a CCM one would be more authentic.

Reasons to get Reebok:

1. Their replica medium is wider, armpit-to-armpit, than CCM's (24 3/4" vs. 23", according to icejerseys.com), and that's kinda the key measurement for me.

2. SportsK.com has Reeboks of all sizes in stock, whereas they only have Yzerman CCMs left in size small. Would anybody notice/care besides me if I got a Reebok one?

Now, at this point it seems like the Reebok one is winning, but hold it! One more point to ponder: I have a Shanny CCM sweater that's a youth XL. It works, but it's a little tight. Now, I'm wondering if I took a gamble (which is undoubtedly a bad idea) and got one of the small Yzerman CCM ones SportsK.com has, would it be wider than the youth XL? My experience with band t-shirts tells me that youth sizes are usually cut wider than adult sizes, so even though I'd technically be going up a size to the small, it's possible that the shirttail and sleeves would just be longer and it wouldn't be much wider. Agree/disagree?

I would go Reebok, simply because I think the jerseys (of all types) are better and higher quality than their CCM counterparts.

Anyone that considers it a jersey foul to get Stevie Y on a Reebok jersey is probably a ****** bag anyway. :D

wow..took alot of s*** for my china jerseys...ha! i ******* love them cheap jerseys! :scared: i might get a couple more!

Edited by soultrain

I wouldn't take the chance. In t-shirts, the difference between Youth XL and Adult SM is more in length than width.

Also, I actually think it looks really awesome to see the old names / numbers on modern jerseys. The Reeboks look so much better than CCMs of old, too. The way they're cut through the body is a lot nicer looking than the blankets that were older jersey styles.

I ended up going with the Reebok, and it should be here in two weeks! I had the chance to try it on and I'm really glad I found this forum and was able to go thru sportsk.com because the name and numbers on the back of the ones at the store look so cheap, especially compared to my brothers ccm Datsyuk jersey. Thanks again for all the responses and advice, I can't wait to finally get it!

All righty, I think I'll go with the Reebok! Thanks, guys!

How do you guys what color to get? I like both, but home looks better.

This is my next question, too. I usually like home jerseys better in general, but our away one is pretty much the raddest in the league, so hard choice. For now I'm stuck going to away games, too, so then there's that consideration...although I'd love to go to U. of Michigan for grad school, so there's always the chance that I might be going to home games in the sort of near future (jeez, would that rule or what?!). Decisions, decisions...