• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kayla Veres

ccm jersey or reebok premiere?

Rate this topic

I have a complex problem, hehe, but I'm going to try to keep this short. I want an Yzerman jersey, and I don't know if I should get a CCM or Reebok one.

Reasons to get CCM:

1. Stevie stopped playing before they switched from CCM to Reebok, so a CCM one would be more authentic.

Reasons to get Reebok:

1. Their replica medium is wider, armpit-to-armpit, than CCM's (24 3/4" vs. 23", according to icejerseys.com), and that's kinda the key measurement for me.

2. SportsK.com has Reeboks of all sizes in stock, whereas they only have Yzerman CCMs left in size small. Would anybody notice/care besides me if I got a Reebok one?

Now, at this point it seems like the Reebok one is winning, but hold it! One more point to ponder: I have a Shanny CCM sweater that's a youth XL. It works, but it's a little tight. Now, I'm wondering if I took a gamble (which is undoubtedly a bad idea) and got one of the small Yzerman CCM ones SportsK.com has, would it be wider than the youth XL? My experience with band t-shirts tells me that youth sizes are usually cut wider than adult sizes, so even though I'd technically be going up a size to the small, it's possible that the shirttail and sleeves would just be longer and it wouldn't be much wider. Agree/disagree?

FYI, in Yzerman's final season, the league had already gone Reebok (as you can see in this photo: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Lidstrom-Yzerman.jpg )

The sweater was still made with the "CCM template" as there was no shield on the front, and the "C" was still on the left shoulder. But, the RBK vector was on the back. However, post-Yzerman, the Edge template was introduced. The thing that bothers me about the Yzerman Reebok Edge jerseys isn't that it's a Reebok jersey and he didn't play in that style, it's just that the "C" is placed on the wrong shoulder (the right shoulder, where Lidstrom wears it today on the new template.) Although, I do know that Detroit Athletic sells an Yzerman Edge jersey with the C on the left shoulder.

Edited by Howard35

FYI, in Yzerman's final season, the league had already gone Reebok (as you can see in this photo: http://upload.wikime...rom-Yzerman.jpg )

The sweater was still made with the "CCM template" as there was no shield on the front, and the "C" was still on the left shoulder. But, the RBK vector was on the back. However, post-Yzerman, the Edge template was introduced. The thing that bothers me about the Yzerman Reebok Edge jerseys isn't that it's a Reebok jersey and he didn't play in that style, it's just that the "C" is placed on the wrong shoulder (the right shoulder, where Lidstrom wears it today on the new template.) Although, I do know that Detroit Athletic sells an Yzerman Edge jersey with the C on the left shoulder.

Wow, thanks! Good to know! I didn't even think about the C thing...hmm. Yet more decisions, hehe.

FYI, in Yzerman's final season, the league had already gone Reebok (as you can see in this photo: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Lidstrom-Yzerman.jpg )

You can probably request that SportsK put the C on the other shoulder. They put the C on the left shoulder for WC jerseys, so I assume it wouldn't be a problem.

They may also just do it and anyone that wants a C on the right shoulder on a Yzerman jersey can go f*** themselves. :hehe:

You can probably request that SportsK put the C on the other shoulder. They put the C on the left shoulder for WC jerseys, so I assume it wouldn't be a problem.

They may also just do it and anyone that wants a C on the right shoulder on a Yzerman jersey can go f*** themselves. :hehe:

If it's on the left shoulder it will look crowded and awkward. The reason for the move of the captaincy letters is because ends of the wing.

nicklas_lidstrom_200802_ap.jpg

Draw an imaginary line from the bottom of that C across to the other side of his chest. If it were to retain it's position it would actually be sewn on top of the wing. You're going to end up with it partially on the shoulder if you request it moved, and it'll probably just look like a knockoff. So if you want an Yzerman jersey to retain it's 'authentic' captaincy letter position you're gonna have to go with an older style.

I was always told there's no such thing as a stupid question, so after you get done laughing, could you please answer. I just bought a Reebok jersey. Are you supposed to leave that size tag on the bottom right outide of the jersey, or snip it off. Seriously...I don't know. I'm not wild about everyone reading my size, but I can't imagine snipping it all off.

I was always told there's no such thing as a stupid question, so after you get done laughing, could you please answer. I just bought a Reebok jersey. Are you supposed to leave that size tag on the bottom right outide of the jersey, or snip it off. Seriously...I don't know. I'm not wild about everyone reading my size, but I can't imagine snipping it all off.

I know some people use a thread cutter (or seam cutter, can't remember the exact term) to take the "jock tag" off. Just cut the stitching out on the tag side, so you don't accidentally cut the jersey. I have friends that have successfully removed the tag with this method.

On a side note, I won't be buying any premier jerseys until they stop making them with the stupid tag on the front. I don't believe in buying something, and then having to modify it at risk of damaging the item to make it look right. Whoever is in charge of design over at Reebok needs to stop smokin' whatever they're smokin'....

As for the Reebok vs. CCM debate above, I'll chime in that I like CCM better. I like the CCM's with the Wings logo on the hem the best, in terms of quality. I have a few Koho's that are nice as well. However, the CCM 550's that came out right before the switch to Reebok are pretty low quality IMHO. They started making them overseas in Indonesia, as opposed to Good Old Canada, and it shows.

I have a CCM jersey in Medium that fits well, loose but not super baggy. I am all set to buy a Winter Classic jersey from Sportsk and they only have Large and X-Large available. I have tried comparing sizes to know what I want, but I am just confusing myself more. I am thinking the Large would be fine, but being a girl I have these boobs to deal with that makes things difficult sometimes....any input would be welcomed

I have a CCM jersey in Medium that fits well, loose but not super baggy. I am all set to buy a Winter Classic jersey from Sportsk and they only have Large and X-Large available. I have tried comparing sizes to know what I want, but I am just confusing myself more. I am thinking the Large would be fine, but being a girl I have these boobs to deal with that makes things difficult sometimes....any input would be welcomed

Before buying any jersey online I generally contact the seller and ask them to measure the jersey from armpit to armpit across the chest and top to bottom along the back. Then find your favorite fitting shirt / jersey / hoodie / whatever and measure - then you can compare accordingly.