• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Ovechkin snows a child

Rate this topic

From the Chris Pronger's Handy Book of Hockey Physics:

Snow and ice are really just frozen water. When ice and snow melt, they turn into water. The body is 98% water. When you sweat, you lose water. The kid was probably hot in that outfit, and was probably sweating. Ovi was just returning what the kid had lost. It's physics.

Edited by 55fan

I think what we need to be talking about MORE is why there is weird music and children waving hockey flags in the entry of the Montreal players. That is just creepy. It's like a weird ritual to them. Are they gonna bleed the kids from the neck after and sacrifice them to the hockey gods??

Good on Ovie for breaking down that awkward vibe a little.

Meh no biggie from me, probably made the kid's year. Not a smart move publicity wise though by Ovechkin.

Although I do laugh at the double standard on this forum, if this was you know who this would be 10 pages already about how he is the devil. Yet Ovechkin is just funny, even when he almost ends careers.

Although I do laugh at the double standard on this forum, if this was you know who this would be 10 pages already about how he is the devil. Yet Ovechkin is just funny, even when he almost ends careers.

For that hypothetical episode, there would definitely be a few staunch haters but I'm sure they'd be doused by a majority of rational LGWers.

Kind of funny to see, but it looks like it wasn't really a big deal. I mean if he does that same thing all the time, hard to call him classless because of it. Not his fault the Canadiens stuck a little kid next to their bench.

Um, I'm not making any judgments on whether Ovechkin is a jackass here or not, but the "pregame routine" thing is the stupidest excuse ever. If it was his pregame routine to shoot a whole bunch of pucks as hard as he can at the wall at that spot, is that an excuse if he hits the kid?

Whether or not Ovechkin is a dick for this, I'll leave up to the kid, but just because you "always do something" doesn't mean you get to go ahead and automatically have the right to do it whether or not someone else is in the way. That's just stupid.

For that hypothetical episode, there would definitely be a few staunch haters but I'm sure they'd be doused by a majority of rational LGWers.

I'd like to hope so, but remembering the whole "spitting" on hand incident I'd beg to disagree.

Guest CaliWingsNut

probably the most interesting thing that ever happens to that kid in his entire life.

I agree completely.

That kid not only got to go out on the ice, hold the team flag, but got attention from one of the top stars in the game.

As to if "someone else" (afraid of saying the C word or something?) had done it... I'd feel the same, though I'm sure the media would have a field day even more so than this that would piss me off.

Um, I'm not making any judgments on whether Ovechkin is a jackass here or not, but the "pregame routine" thing is the stupidest excuse ever. If it was his pregame routine to shoot a whole bunch of pucks as hard as he can at the wall at that spot, is that an excuse if he hits the kid?

Whether or not Ovechkin is a dick for this, I'll leave up to the kid, but just because you "always do something" doesn't mean you get to go ahead and automatically have the right to do it whether or not someone else is in the way. That's just stupid.

I don't see where this would be a problem. His pregame routine is nothing like shooting a bunch of pucks at the wall. It's skating to the bench, stopping, then going into the bench. There just so happened to be a kid there this time. This is such a non-story. If anyone else in the league did this, it'd be exactly the same.

I think it is a pretty dick move (the pregame ritual is crap considering he could have stopped right next to the kid without snowing him) but it was funny nonetheless.

I only wish it was Crosby so the hate could rain down on him from these forums for having no regard to the people on the ice.

I don't see where this would be a problem. His pregame routine is nothing like shooting a bunch of pucks at the wall. It's skating to the bench, stopping, then going into the bench. There just so happened to be a kid there this time. This is such a non-story. If anyone else in the league did this, it'd be exactly the same.

I agree it's really not a story, but if it were something story-worthy, the "pregame ritual" thing wouldn't apply, so it shouldn't here, either. If snowing a kid is a jerk thing to do, then it's not excusable via pregame ritual; and if it isn't, then it doesn't matter.

Guest scottj

I'd like to hope so, but remembering the whole "spitting" on hand incident I'd beg to disagree.

for the tenth time! there were like 2 people who were talkin s*** about him doin it without proof. the rest of the people who said anything were talking CIRCUMSTANCIALLY

say it with me CIR-CUM-STANCIALLY

2% of that thread was the people you're complaining about... the other 98% were people bitching about how there were so many people that fell in that 2% category

for the tenth time! there were like 2 people who were talkin s*** about him doin it without proof. the rest of the people who said anything were talking CIRCUMSTANCIALLY

say it with me CIR-CUM-STANCIALLY

2% of that thread was the people you're complaining about... the other 98% were people bitching about how there were so many people that fell in that 2% category

I think I know you.

If he snowed me like that... it would make my day and i would save the pieces of snow in mah freezer... :yowza:

and then sell it on ebay. like i should've done with the gum he threw at me (well, not directly aimed at me, but tossed into the area i was sitting).

Meh no biggie from me, probably made the kid's year. Not a smart move publicity wise though by Ovechkin.

I agree with you 100% if this was crosby who did this... there would already be a pention on these forums to remove him from the league for child abuse.. :ph34r:

If he snowed me like that... it would make my day and i would save the pieces of snow in mah freezer... :yowza:

+1

The kids going to be a YouTube star.

Plus if he or his parents have any brains they will enjoy the new autographed stick coming his way.

+1

The kids going to be a YouTube star.

Plus if he or his parents have any brains they will enjoy the new autographed stick coming his way.

Actually Ovechkin refused to sign anything for the boy.

http://videos.lcn.canoe.ca/video/en-vedette/les-dernieres-nouvelles/8805187001/alexander-ovechkin-et-son-coequipier-alexander-semin/79278319001

Yet it's Ovechkin, he can't do anything wrong, right?