• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Miss Wing Queen

Jimmy Howard among Calder Finalists

Rate this topic

He should win.

He's more important to his team than those players and has had a better season imo.

I don't know if he'll win it, though. I doubt it and think Myers will probably be chosen.

He was defenitly our MVP of the season. I dont care what the NHL votes he won in my book.

He was defenitly our MVP of the season. I dont care what the NHL votes he won in my book.

I know the playoffs aren't suppose to affect the voting, but I think the voting is always affected by it... I think it will all depend on this first round, if Buffalo can come back and win their series (not likely), I think Myers wins it, if not, regardless of other outcomes, Jimmy wins it...

in my opinion, he deserves it regardless, that's just what I think WILL happen...

I know the playoffs aren't suppose to affect the voting, but I think the voting is always affected by it... I think it will all depend on this first round, if Buffalo can come back and win their series (not likely), I think Myers wins it, if not, regardless of other outcomes, Jimmy wins it...

in my opinion, he deserves it regardless, that's just what I think WILL happen...

Let me know if I'm wrong here, but I believe the voting takes place before the playoffs start. In other words, they've announced the "top three" vote getters as the three Calder nominees, and among those three, someone has already been voted tops.

Edited by rick zombo

I still don't understand how they can ignore Rask despite the games played. Oh well, guess he can fly under the radar all the way to the finals. It's all about Miller right now despite Bruins are leading 3-1.

edit: 610x.jpg

Edited by Finnish Wing

He has exceeded every single one of my expectations so far. (During the season prediction thread back in Septemeber, I had predicted that the Wings would have picked up a goalie at the trade deadline to backup Ozzie, oops.)

I don't think he'll win it, unfortunately. Everyone in the media has made too much out of his age, constantly pointing it out when his name comes up in rookie discussions. I think it'll go to Meyers, who has had a great season himself. Congrats to all three, they all had huge rookie years.

If it would then Rask would be the winner easily.

Voting is already finished before the playoffs start. Myers, Duchene and Howard aren't really "finalists", they're just the guys who finished top 3 in voting. One of them has already won it, they just don't reveal who until June. Playoffs have no impact on these awards.

Howard earned a spot in the final three, but based on age and who he plays for, I wouldn't be shocked if he finished third in the voting. Myers will probably win.

All three are deserving though.

I still don't understand how they can ignore Rask despite the games played. Oh well, guess he can fly under the radar all the way to the finals. It's all about Miller right now despite Bruins are leading 3-1.

edit: 610x.jpg

I have heard by some weird rule he isn't a rookie but I could be wrong.

Voting is already finished before the playoffs start. Myers, Duchene and Howard aren't really "finalists", they're just the guys who finished top 3 in voting. One of them has already won it, they just don't reveal who until June. Playoffs have no impact on these awards.

oh... I thought just the nominees got voted for prior - thank you for the clarification!

This makes it a little more dicey then, but with Jimmy's play down the stretch, I still think he deserves it over Myers, but wouldn't be incredibly surprised if Myers won...

oh... I thought just the nominees got voted for prior - thank you for the clarification!

This makes it a little more dicey then, but with Jimmy's play down the stretch, I still think he deserves it over Myers, but wouldn't be incredibly surprised if Myers won...

There are no nominees.....bit of a pet peeve of mine as I constantly see people suggest so and so is nominated for the Hart or some other award, or good 3 guys to pick to be nominated. As someone already stated, sort of, there are no nominees, they don't nominated 3 guys who then get voted on, voters simply vote for whoever they want, as long as they are eligible, and these "finalists" being announced over this week and next are simply those 3 that finished with the most points (based on voting, so many points for each 1st place vote, 2nd place vote, etc.).

The voting for ALL of the awards already took place...early last week, before the playoffs started.

There are no nominees.....bit of a pet peeve of mine as I constantly see people suggest so and so is nominated for the Hart or some other award, or good 3 guys to pick to be nominated. As someone already stated, sort of, there are no nominees, they don't nominated 3 guys who then get voted on, voters simply vote for whoever they want, as long as they are eligible, and these "finalists" being announced over this week and next are simply those 3 that finished with the most points (based on voting, so many points for each 1st place vote, 2nd place vote, etc.).

The voting for ALL of the awards already took place...early last week, before the playoffs started.

learn something new every day... I always thought it was a nominee vote, then winner vote scenario for ALL the NHL awards... good to know moving forward, thanks for the heads up

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season?

Calder is always the hardest to figure out at the beginning of the season, but yeah Jimmy's had a surprisingly very good season.

Myers wins it walking away but there's no reason Howard should be lower than second.

He won't win it, but he should.

Exactly. I covered all of this in the Selke thread about Datsyuk. Good to see that some other people know their stuff and some other people have actually read what i put in the other thread.