• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

4/22 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

Agreed. It was obvious enough for it to be waived off right away and for Toronto to rule rather quickly. His heel moves from a vertical position in relation to the net to a perpendicular position in relation to the net. The puck did not make contact with the skate. His skate clearly moved towards the puck.

That's because he was stopping. There's no rule that says you can't stop at the puck, or even "stop it in." The only thing the rule says is what we all know about a "distinct kicking motion." To me, that involves movement from the knee, or your foot moving at a different rate than the rest of you, not just repositioning your foot.

That's because he was stopping. There's no rule that says you can't stop at the puck, or even "stop it in." The only thing the rule says is what we all know about a "distinct kicking motion." To me, that involves movement from the knee, or your foot moving at a different rate than the rest of you, not just repositioning your foot.

This is how I feel about it too.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You don't look down at your skate and the puck when you are stopping. He makes a distinct motion with his right skate that is not for the specific act of stopping. He meant to go for the puck. There was no redirection. This isn't soccer. It's the NHL. The kicks aren't going to be giant kickoff like kicks.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

omg...hope he will ever return to the ice after this brutal hit...

:lol:

You don't look down at your foot and the puck when you are stopping. He makes a distinct motion with his right skate that is not for the specific act of stopping. He meant to go for the puck. There was no redirection. This isn't soccer. It's the NHL. The kicks aren't going to be giant kickoff like kicks.

If you're trying to redirect the puck into the net, which IS legal under the wording in the rulebook, you do.

And "not for the specific act of stopping" doesn't mean "distinct kicking motion." I don't expect kick-off like kicks, but still, a kick is a kick. You can't just change the definition of it for hockey.