• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

4/22 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Sure they're small, but you can't tell me that the goal we just saw disallowed was the same kind of kicking motion that usually gets a goal waved off.

First time I saw it I thought it was a kick and that's how the ref and Toronto saw it. The rules don't change for the playoffs. That call would have been made regular season or playoffs and it doesn't matter which team. If Sidney Crosby himself made that play it would have been called a kick and disallowed.

Just because you want to read into the rules doesn't mean they aren't following them.

It doesn't matter why his foot was going forward. This isn't about intent. It's about the fact that his foot moved to strike the puck that directly resulted in a goal.

Yeah, it does mean they're not following them. If the words in the rulebook say one thing, but they ignore it, I'm pretty sure they're not following it.

And yes, it does matter why his foot was going forward. Players in hockey have this strange way of stopping. It's different than any other sport. They turn their feet perpendicular to the way they're going and dig into the ice basically. That's not kicking.

Just because you want to read into the rules doesn't mean they aren't following them.

It doesn't matter why his foot was going forward. This isn't about intent. It's about the fact that his foot moved to strike the puck that directly resulted in a goal.

The only person reading into the rules here is you. He stopped. The puck hit his skate and went in. Turning his feet is NOT a distinct kicking motion. You cannot change the ******* definition of a kick just because this is hockey.

CBC is showing the same exact play being called a good goal after review.

Edited by Nero

First time I saw it I thought it was a kick and that's how the ref and Toronto saw it. The rules don't change for the playoffs. That call would have been made regular season or playoffs and it doesn't matter which team. If Sidney Crosby himself made that play it would have been called a kick and disallowed.

I agree that it's not a conspiracy, but the rule definitely changed for the postseason.

I think that goal would've stood in the regular season, just like that goal in Vancouver would have too.

The only person reading into the rules here is you. He stopped. The puck hit his skate and went in. Turning his feet is NOT a distinct kicking motion. You cannot change the ******* definition of a kick just because this is hockey.

I'm not changing the definition of a kick.

A kick is to strike an object with your foot.

And he did.

It's simple.

I'm not changing the definition of a kick.

A kick is to strike an object with your foot.

And he did.

It's simple.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I agree that it's not a conspiracy, but the rule definitely changed for the postseason.

I think that goal would've stood in the regular season, just like that goal in Vancouver would have too.

Rules don't change just because it is the playoffs. That goal would have been waived no matter what.

Rules don't change just because it is the playoffs. That goal would have been waived no matter what.

Obviously not.

No, rules *shouldn't* change because it's the playoffs. But they do. Penalties don't get called quite as closely is usually the only thing, but this year they decided to change the definition of "distinct kicking motion." I've seen that goal count before, and I know you have too.

Soo your point is that the NHL is inconsistent? Well no s*** haha. I don't see how that effects my position on this situation.

It doesn't weaken either side of the argument. All it means is that the league's gotten it wrong one way or the other at least once.

Soo your point is that the NHL is inconsistent? Well no s*** haha. I don't see how that effects my position on this situation.

Sort of. The point is that it probably would have (and has) been a goal in any other case.