• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shadow47

Hasek/HC Pardubice set record, win championship

Rate this topic

Ex-NHLer Radovan Somik beat HC Vitkovice Steel goaltender Stepanek less than a minute into overtime to lift Eaton HC Pardubice, led by 45-year-old Dominik Hasek, to a sweep for the Czech Extraliga championship title. Hasek stopped a penalty shot with three minutes left in regulation to keep his teams deficit at 2-1 before former Oiler Ales Pisa tied the game with 80 seconds left. Dominik allowed only five goals in the four game series, including a pivotal 1-0 shutout in game 2. Pardubice set a new record by winning 12 straight games in the playoffs after losing the first game of the first round 3-1. Hasek tore his adductor muscle in the regular season and missed two months before returning to play every minute in the playoffs including several back to back night games. Pardubice finished second in league standing in the regular campaign, Hasek lowered his regular season GAA of 2.26 to 1.66 in the playoffs and stopped 94% of his shots faced . Dominik also won titles with Pardubice in 1987 and 1989.

Edited by shadow47

Ex-NHLer Radovan Somik beat HC Vitkovice Steel goaltender Stepanek less than a minute into overtime to lift Eaton HC Pardubice, led by 45-year-old Dominik Hasek, to a sweep for the Czech Extraliga championship title. Hasek stopped a penalty shot with three minutes left in regulation to keep his team’s deficit at 2-1 before former Oiler Ales Pisa tied the game with 80 seconds left. Dominik allowed only five goals in the four game series, including a pivotal 1-0 shutout in game 2. Pardubice set a new record by winning 12 straight games in the playoffs after losing the first game of the first round 3-1. Hasek tore his adductor muscle in the regular season and missed two months before returning to play every minute in the playoffs including several back to back night games. Pardubice finished second in league standing in the regular campaign, Hasek lowered his regular season GAA of 2.26 to 1.66 in the playoffs and stopped 94% of his shots faced . Dominik also won titles with Pardubice in 1987 and 1989.

YAY Dom!! Boy do I miss him. He was so much fun to watch...lost stick in corner, go out and retrieve it and give everyone a heart attack!! :yowza:

Guest Crymson

I miss Hasek. Having him here was like a dream.

I loved the Hasek/Osgood tandem. We had two excellent veteran, experienced, Stanley Cup-winning goaltenders who had nothing in the way of ego problems and got along fantastically. It was wonderful, and I think it could only have happened with this organization.

Edited by Crymson

I have been "watching" the entire tournament and all of his season, of course. I am incredibly proud of him.

Eaton Pardubice

Go here for full coverage. English translation available (google translate -- so it's kind of fun to figure out what the articles are saying) :P

May I say: I am completely unsurprised by this win. Always the best, my Dom. :thumbup:

EDIT: LOVE the bus... :D

And he still gets all the girls!!

domwtheladiesczpreseasonsept09.jpg

376419_sport-hokej-pardubice-hasek.jpg

Edited by puckloo39

Nice1 Loo. Did they show any of the games on that webcast link (was it hokej.cz.tv or something?) I gave you? I never made the effort to catch any...youtube is about as far as I go...

p.s. I told you he'd dig out his old TPS pads, I took all the Brock bead tubes, remember? haha

What a player, unreal.

Edited by shadow47

So excited for Dom, I was so looking forward to watching him play in the Olympics. :(I wish they would televise or at least stream his games. He is the greatest goalie or our era, no disrespect to Lou, Marty, or Pat. Now if only those jersey's weren't so damn ugly!

Linder I'm not sure D EVER got the girls, I mean he's been married to Alena for like 15 years or whatever it is, there WAS that '98 encounter where Linda Evangelista wanted to meet him at the Rangers game (per Sam Rosen, you know, when the Sabres played the Rangers and shut them out in like 6 of 7 games or something?!) but beyond that, I mean, Dom, not the typical ladies man (I mean, excluding YOU:>)

Edited by shadow47

a. Dominator Clothing doesn’t exist anymore b. they went straight from winning the title on the road to a championship celebration at 11pm in the Town Square so, am gonna go with “not using title to promote clothing line”