• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Matt Carkner Triple ot goal

Rate this topic

Yeah I thought it was surprising, BIG deal. No need to analyze everything anyone says about him

So, there is no need to discuss things on a discussion forum?

Awesome.

Look all I'm saying is if you are surprised that an NHL player can disappear for a period or two then I disagree. There isn't a player in the history of the game that was dominant for every shift, it doesn't matter if you are Gretzky or Andrew Alberts.

This isn't even about Crosby, if I said that Datsyuk was invisible for 2 periods, yet had 2 points I would be getting torched with a flame thrower.

I would love to have Staal in a Wings' jersey.

You know, I was thinking the same thing watching him play last night. He is definitely gritty and I don't think anyone would argue that Detroit could use a player like Staal

Edited by I Red Wings I

I'd love Staal on the Wings, I don't know how the Wings could fit him in the line up though, he's going to be making quite a bit, and we have a bunch of centers up the middle.

But there is no doubt he is a damn good hockey player.

Never said he was, I'm not going to play your bait game

Don't let Carman bait you, he can be a pain in the ass.

The point was that considering the fact the Crosby has been so dominant thus far in the playoffs for him to seemingly disappear, in overtime no less, was a little strange. No one was saying that a player has to dominate every single possible shift out there. It was just odd that of all times, while on such a dominant hot streak, in overtime Crosby was seemingly ineffective.

Let it go Carman. Just let it go.

Guest screwdahawks

You know, I was thinking the same thing watching him play last night. He is definitely gritty and I don't think anyone would argue that Detroit could use a player like Staal

Filppula straight up?

Filppula straight up?

Maybe, I guess I can't make a full assessment on Staal, I would have to watch him play more often. However, when I do catch the Pens play, he always seems to stick out. Strong on the puck and isn't afraid to take a few beatings to crash the net, he just never seems to go away.

Yeah I was thinking about it when it was over, and it was almost anti-climactic the way the announcers reacted. I would expect a LOT more enthusiasm for a goal scored in a THIRD overtime. Gary Thorne would have been going bonkers.

Yeah I was thinking about it when it was over, and it was almost anti-climactic the way the announcers reacted. I would expect a LOT more enthusiasm for a goal scored in a THIRD overtime. Gary Thorne would have been going bonkers.

God i miss Gary Thorn and Bill Clement.What a team they were in the booth.

The guys on Versus sounded almost heart-broken that Ottawa won

Yeah, their call of the GWG seemed a lot more subdued than it should have been for a 3OT GWG. I'm certain that if the Penguins had scored, they would have been screaming bloody murder.

God i miss Gary Thorn and Bill Clement.What a team they were in the booth.

Malkin hit the post and they went insane. On the other end the sens missed a wide open net and they acted like nothing happened. I was working on something and had it on in the background. By the tone of their voices you could tell the Pens were in the Offensive zone. Not so much for the sens.

Yeah, their call of the GWG seemed a lot more subdued than it should have been for a 3OT GWG. I'm certain that if the Penguins had scored, they would have been screaming bloody murder.

It's pretty clear the play-by-play guy had no voice left. His "he scores!" call was the same as the one he always uses, except with more rasp to it.

It's pretty clear the play-by-play guy had no voice left. His "he scores!" call was the same as the one he always uses, except with more rasp to it.

Ha ha yea the chicago game was over before this game ended. That is a long game.

Guest Crymson

Serious question, did Crosby even play in the 2nd or 3rd OT's? His ice time indicates he probably did, but I seriously didn't even notice him at all.

He had some good scoring chances near the end of 2OT.

Malkin hit the post and they went insane. On the other end the sens missed a wide open net and they acted like nothing happened. I was working on something and had it on in the background. By the tone of their voices you could tell the Pens were in the Offensive zone. Not so much for the sens.

The play by play announcer doing the game last night calls Carolina Hurricanes games during the regular season so im not sure why he would be going for the Pens,but it was pretty clear he wanted s***tsburgh to win.