• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hutts11

Interesting Thought...

Rate this topic

Ok, so when I was at Tuesday nights game, there were these two guys sitting behind me and they brought up a very interesting thought, well it was to me and I want every ones opinion on this. Should Gary Bettman be able to be the commissioner of the NHL AND be able to run the Phoenix Coyotes? I understand that the NHL runs the Phoenix franchise right now, but shouldn't someone other than Bettman be running the Coyotes??

I don't know to me I thought he brought up a valid point and just wondering what everyone else thinks about it.

I smell a conspiracy seed being planted. I think its not ideal for the NHL to own one of its teams, that said as long as they sell the team ASAP in the offseason then I could care less. We are blessed to be fans of one of the best franchises in all sports and we prove our stuff on the ice, this will be a moot point by Sunday night I hope.

I smell a conspiracy seed being planted. I think its not ideal for the NHL to own one of its teams, that said as long as they sell the team ASAP in the offseason then I could care less. We are blessed to be fans of one of the best franchises in all sports and we prove our stuff on the ice, this will be a moot point by Sunday night I hope.

It isn't ideal, obviously, which is why they are trying to sell the team off as quickly as they can, it's not a long term holding for the NHL. However, it's not like Bettman runs the NHL and owns the Coyotes. I think too many people think Bettman has ultimate powers in terms of doing whatever he wants with respect to the NHL, how games are called, etc.

In terms of the NHL owning the Coyotes, if you want to get technical, each owner in the NHL owns an NHL team and 1/29th of the Coyotes.

Bring back the Winnipeg Jets already!!!

It doesn't take a genius to realize that hockey in the desert is a disaster. It's like opening up a Jewish Pork shop.

Edited by puffy

Isn't this the same reason why Bud Selig stepped down as owner to be commish?

Well, Gary Bettman probably would step down as owner, if he were owner to begin with.

Bring back the Winnipeg Jets already!!!

It doesn't take a genius to realize that hockey in the desert is a disaster. It's like opening up a Jewish Pork shop.

FACT: Coyotes have been no more of a failure than the Jets were with regard to attendance, playoff success, regular season success, or finances.

FACT: Coyotes have been no more of a failure than the Jets were with regard to attendance, playoff success, regular season success, or finances.

That's because the Canadian dollar was good for s*** back then.

I'm not saying Winnipeg would be a huge success or anything, but they would definitely be better off than Phoenix. Sure...Phoenix is a bigger market, but 90% of Winnipegers actually like hockey.

I dare you to go around Phoenix and ask people who Shane Doan is. Only 1 in 5 people will have a clue what you're talking about.

Edited by puffy

That's because the Canadian dollar was good for s*** back then.

I'm not saying Winnipeg would be a huge success or anything, but they would definitely be better off than Phoenix. Sure...Phoenix is a bigger market, but 90% of Winnipegers actually like hockey.

I dare you to go around Phoenix and ask people who Shane Doan is. Only 1 in 5 people will have a clue what you're talking about.

I believe your estimation is overly generous. :D

I believe your estimation is overly generous. :D

You are correct sir, I was just trying to be nice. It's more like 1 in 25, but I can't really blame them. If I lived in a desert you wouldn't see me jumping up and down for hockey either.

....Unless of course my air was conditioner broken....then hockey would sound pretty damn good! ;)

Edited by puffy