• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Prospective 2010-11 Red Wings Roster

Rate this topic

Franzen(3.955) - Datsyuk(6.7) - Holmstrom(~1.75)

Bertuzzi(~1.75) - Zetterberg(6.083) - Filppula(3)

Hudler(2.875) - Helm(~1) - Cleary(2.8)

Eaves(~1) - Abdelkader(~1) - Miller(~1)

Draper(1.583)

Lidstrom(~5.5) - Rafalski(6)

Kronwall(3) - Stuart(3.75)

Lilja(~1.25) - Ericsson(.9)

Kindl(.883)

Howard(.716)

Osgood(1.416)

-(~) indicates a conservative estimate as to their new salary

-Some salaries were slightly rounded

-Total Cap: $57.411M

-Although we don't know exactly where the cap will be next season some of projected salaries were conservative estimates (a little high, i.e. $1M for Eaves) so the Cap Hit could possibly come down. Even Lidstrom may in fact take less.

I think Eaves, Abdelkader, Miller, and Draper split time and get regular playing time as injuries occur throughout the course of the season and would all play a minimum of 50 games.

Ericsson and Kindl also split time as well as the 6th defenseman as a good way to ease Kindl into the rotation. I think the Wings learned their lesson with expecting too much from a rookie defensmen this season with Ericsson and full time duty. With injuries they'll both also get minimum of 50 games.

This would mean that since Ritola is out of minor league options he would most likely be out of the organization but considering the situation I wouldn't be too upset.

Thoughts on the roster? Like? Dislike? Changes? Etc

Edited by mmamolo

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom 40years old going 41 next year, has gotten much much worse, his salary should be 50% of what it is now, and he will likely retire, too.

Edited by mindfly

Lidstrom 40years old going 41 next year, has gotten much much worse, his salary should be 50% of what it is now, and he will likely retire, too.

Yeah, he deserves no more than Jeff Finger.

Edited by egroen

Personally I still think he is one of the best in the game but that's a matter of opinion. Maybe I have a bias but that's cool. Either way, whatever he is worth, I put in high numbers for salaries to keep the estimate as conservative as possible to see if the roster would be possible - which it looks as though it is.

I can dig it.

Still not sure if Bertuzzi is going to try and chase down more money (like usual)... as with his buyout from Anaheim (ends this year), he was still making around $3m, so that is quite a drop from what he might think he deserves.

You could be right. Although there were a couple articles a few months ago that said both Bertuzzi and Holland wanted to work something out for next year. If I remember right Bertuzzi said that money wasn't a huge issue. I'll actually try and dig them up. But at the end of the day, you're right. Bertuzzi may go and chase some money and he could probably get $2.5-3M somewhere. But if he likes Detroit as much as he seems to this could be the way to go. Plus, as I mentioned above there may be more money to work with as Eaves, Miller, Helm, Abdelkader, and Lidstrom aren't necessarily going to get as much as I listed. Even if you say gave Eaves, Miller, and Helmd 850k each you could toss the extra 450k to Bertuzzi if you wanted...or something like that.

Guest mindfly

Yeah, he deserves no more than Jeff Finger.

Not red wings fault that Toronto is a s***ty organization...based on how lidstrom's play has been lately and the rate/speed he is declining at he should get no more than 4million, 3.5 would be the best and most fair.

Edited by mindfly

Not red wings fault that Toronto is a s***ty organization...based on how lidstrom's play has been lately and the rate/speed he is declining at he should get no more than 4million, 3.5 would be the best and most fair.

I dont know that I necessarily agree with that but it seems to be a growing opinion shared by more and more ppl out there. If he does return I think we might all be surprised to see what he ends up signing for (less than expected).

Yeah, a premier shutdown defenseman still putting up 50 points -- I'd say he should make less than Brad Stuart.

Guest mindfly

It's not reasonable for a 40 year old+ to get 5.5million, simple as that...

I'm with Egroen on this issue. Age has no bearing on salary. It's about performance. It's the same thing as the debate about Howard and the Calder. Ppl don't want to vote for him just because he is 26 while Duchene and Meyers are ~20. Howard is within the age limits so it should have no bearing - it's all about performance. As is the case with Lidstrom. He could be 60 for all I care. If he can still shutdown the best players in the league and produce points then you pay accordingly - unless of course he is willing to take a discount to better the team.

Chelios and Ray Bourque were runner-ups for the Norris at the age of 40.

Gordie Howe scored over 100 pts at the age of 40.

Hopefully Holland runs him out of town! :ranting:

Lidstrom will get one-year deals from here on out, and quite frankly he deserves whatever he gets, though I am confident he gives Holland a nice deal (which is anything less than $7m).

Chelios and Ray Bourque were runner-ups for the Norris at the age of 40.

Gordie Howe scored over 100 pts at the age of 40.

Hopefully Holland runs him out of town! :ranting:

Lidstrom will get one-year deals from here on out, and quite frankly he deserves whatever he gets, though I am confident he gives Holland a nice deal (which is anything less than $7m).

Perfectly said.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lidstrom will likely make around 6-6.5 mil next season. He is still one of the best dmen in the game and will not make less than Rafalski. The Wings are a class organization and no way will they lowball him. I can see Draper being the 13th forward on the team. Kindl will be the 7th dman. Bert will be back if he accepts what he makes now. Hudler will be back. Lilja will return as will Holmstrom. Williams and Maltby will be gone.

There's some similar talking going on in the Rumor Mill about this: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63983

I wouldn't be terribly upset if Bertuzzi wasn't re-signed, but it's a matter of finding someone to fill his spot for a reasonable price. I wouldn't be too surprised if Lidstrom hung up the skates, as signs sort of point to it - but I can't imagine a Wings team without him. Holmstrom could very well retire, too.

If he doesn't, I imagine we're looking at something in the vein of:

Franzen / Datsyuk / Holmstrom

Zetterberg / Filppula / Hudler

Cleary / Abdelkader / ???

Eaves / Helm / Draper

Ritola

Lidstrom / Rafalski

Kronwall / Stuart

Lilja / Ericcson

Kindl

And I'm all right with that. As long as we can fill those question marks in with a solid piece to the puzzle.

Franzen(3.955) - Datsyuk(6.7) - Holmstrom(~1.75)

Bertuzzi(~1.75) - Zetterberg(6.083) - Filppula(3)

Hudler(2.875) - Helm(~1) - Cleary(2.8)

Eaves(~1) - Abdelkader(~1) - Miller(~1)

Draper(1.583)

Lidstrom(~5.5) - Rafalski(6)

Kronwall(3) - Stuart(3.75)

Lilja(~1.25) - Ericsson(.9)

Kindl(.883)

Howard(.716)

Osgood(1.416)

I would like to only see one of Bert and Holmer return, but it will likely be both. Also,the Wings should keep only one of Eaves and Miller. While they've both been great, I don't think we need them both next year with Abby coming up full time. I'd prefer Eaves, but he was making 1.4 million before coming to the Wings and IMO neither should be making that much next year. This would also free up the 13th slot for an enforcer (maybe Maltby as a 14th). The D (with or without Lids) will likely look as you have it unless Lilja chooses to return to Sweden. I see a few different scenarios for the Wings forwards next year.

With both Bert and Homer back

Franzen- Dats- Holmer

Bert- Z- Flip

Cleary- Abby- Huds

Eaves- Helm- Draper/enforcer

With the above lineup, I'd really like to see them try Flip- Dats- Holmer, and Franzen- Z- Bert. I'm not sure if the chemistry will be there, but it is a great spread of talent.

With only one of Bert/Holmer

Huds- Dats- Franzen

Flip- Z - Holmer

Cleary- Abby- Ritola/UFA

Eaves- Helm- Draper/enforcer

I'd really like to see Mursak crack the team next year, but I don't think it will happen. A third line of Cleary- Abby- Mursak could be vary dangerous.

There's some similar talking going on in the Rumor Mill about this: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63983

I wouldn't be terribly upset if Bertuzzi wasn't re-signed, but it's a matter of finding someone to fill his spot for a reasonable price. I wouldn't be too surprised if Lidstrom hung up the skates, as signs sort of point to it - but I can't imagine a Wings team without him. Holmstrom could very well retire, too.

If he doesn't, I imagine we're looking at something in the vein of:

Franzen / Datsyuk / Holmstrom

Zetterberg / Filppula / Hudler

Cleary / Abdelkader / ???

Eaves / Helm / Draper

Ritola

Lidstrom / Rafalski

Kronwall / Stuart

Lilja / Ericcson

Kindl

And I'm all right with that. As long as we can fill those question marks in with a solid piece to the puzzle.

Brandon Prust or Brian Sutherby.Both can chip in offensively and play responsibly on defense.They provide some snarl too,which is never a bad thing.

Guest mindfly

A Red Wings team without Lidstrom would be weird,but he's getting old.You really think he's done after this year?

In the early stage of this season I never thought he would retire but the more interviews he made with swedish reporters the more he "hint" that he will do it, he know he had declined and lidstrom is "too proud" to be just a good D when he has been the best in all of his career...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom/Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Abdelkader-"Boogaard"

Draper

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-Ericsson

Meech

Howard

Osgood(?)

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Eaves-Abdelkader-Cheap tough guy

Draper

Lidstrom(?)-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Sutton-Ericsson

Kindl

Let Lebda,Lilja,Meech,Bertuzzi,and Williams walk

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Eaves-Abdelkader-Cheap tough guy

Draper

Lidstrom(?)-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Sutton-Ericsson

Kindl

Let Lebda,Lilja,Meech,Bertuzzi,and Williams walk

Well Boogaard or someone. Someone youngerr than May. Someone who could be here in the future too.

And I don't think we should have Kindl as an extra d-man. He's one of our best prospects and may as well be a top4 d-man in few years.

edit: spelling.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Well Boogaard or someone. Someone older than May. Someone who could be here in the future too.

And I don't think we should have Kindl as an extra d-man. He's one of our best prospects and may as well be a top4 d-man in few years.

Yeah i know what you meant.I like May,but you're right,a younger guy would be better.There's so many options out there.Maybe rotating Kindl with Ericsson would work?The defense situation is sketchy with Lidstrom possibly hanging them up.