• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Prospective 2010-11 Red Wings Roster

Rate this topic

Yeah i know what you meant.I like May,but you're right,a younger guy would be better.There's so many options out there.Maybe rotating Kindl with Ericsson would work?The defense situation is sketchy with Lidstrom possibly hanging them up.

Oops, I said older. But yeah, YOUNGER was what I meant.

i know what you meant.Someone like B.J. Crombeen would be great.

That guy actually played in the Finnish league few years ago. Never thought back then that he would ever play in the NHL, not to mention being an enforcer. But I guess he's doing all right.

I'm guessing i missed it but is it for sure that Hudler is coming back?

Just an assumption now that Moscow Dynamo folded and he was released from his contract with the team.

Yeah, he deserves no more than Jeff Finger.

Not red wings fault that Toronto is a s***ty organization...based on how lidstrom's play has been lately and the rate/speed he is declining at he should get no more than 4million, 3.5 would be the best and most fair.

Speaking of deserving the finger. :P

Lidstrom will likely make around 6-6.5 mil next season. He is still one of the best dmen in the game and will not make less than Rafalski. The Wings are a class organization and no way will they lowball him. I can see Draper being the 13th forward on the team. Kindl will be the 7th dman. Bert will be back if he accepts what he makes now. Hudler will be back. Lilja will return as will Holmstrom. Williams and Maltby will be gone.

I agree that the Wings are a class organization and as such will not try to low ball Lids - that does not mean however, that Lids will not voluntarily go into negotiations with the intent of getting a lower salary for the team. Stevie did it and it would not surprise me if Lids did too.

Nikolai Zherdev ($2.500m) Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) Tomas Holmstrom ($1.500m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.750m) Darren Helm ($1.000m) Justin Abdelkader ($0.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Andreas Lilja ($1.000m) Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; PAYROLL: $57.463m; CAP ROOM: $0.237m BONUSES: $0.000m

Trade Stuart to free up the cap space. Sign Volchenkov. He can log big minutes and kill penalties. This will allow Lidstrom to get some rest.

Do a bunch of other stuff.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Homer

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Filpulla

Cleary - Abdlekader - Hudler

Eaves - Helm - Miller

Draper

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Volchenkov

Lilja Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

Osgood

Trade Stuart to free up the cap space. Sign Volchenkov. He can log big minutes and kill penalties. This will allow Lidstrom to get some rest.

Do a bunch of other stuff.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Homer

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Filpulla

Cleary - Abdlekader - Hudler

Eaves - Helm - Miller

Draper

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Volchenkov

Lilja Ericsson

Kindl

Howard

Osgood

Trade Rafalski and sign Cam Barker

i know what you meant.Someone like B.J. Crombeen would be great.

Crombeen is alegit 3rd liner in the league I don't think we'll see him here. I could see Winchester coming from St louis though unless he resigns there. Detroit is close and he can chip in and actually play as well. Prust would be a good option as well, he's young too. Is he a free agent though?

Not red wings fault that Toronto is a s***ty organization...based on how lidstrom's play has been lately and the rate/speed he is declining at he should get no more than 4million, 3.5 would be the best and most fair.

You mention that Lidstrom is declining in play really I don't even think that the dip in his stats this year is statistically significant. Nicks career average of goals in season he played more then 75 games is 13.6 he has 9 goals this year not really that far of his average. His Career average in points is 60 he has 49 this year again not really that big of a drop off. Final is +/- average in the course of his career is 23.8 and this year he had 23. Considering the offensive challenges the entire Wings team faced this season it is amazing he got as many points as he did. There a more significant drop in Datsyuk and Zetterberg stats this year. Logically it makes sense he be producing more. Most of his points come on assist which it is hard to assist on goals if the forward lines you playing with are having trouble scoring. Furthermore nick gets a lot of points shooting the puck and getting it deflected by Holmstrom in front. Holmstrom missed quite a few game which results in less points for Lidstrom. What is even more amazing is we had 229 goals for this season and 216 against that is practically a 1 to 1 ratio yet Lidstrom still has a unbelievable +23. When he had back to back +40 season the goal differential was 73 and 55 this years was only 13 and he still has a +23. He is not declining he is part of the team and if the whole team plays bad his number will reflect that.

Crombeen is alegit 3rd liner in the league I don't think we'll see him here. I could see Winchester coming from St louis though unless he resigns there. Detroit is close and he can chip in and actually play as well. Prust would be a good option as well, he's young too. Is he a free agent though?

Prust is a UFA if i'm not mistaken.I'm not sure if the Rangers intend on re-signing him or not.I was thinking Winchester too.Sutherby would be a decent option,as well.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Fippula-Hudler

Bertuzzi-Helm-Cleary

Eaves-Abdelkader-Draper

Miller

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson

Kindl

Howard

Osgood

(without Lids,Hudler)

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Ritola-Helm-Cleary

Eaves-Abdelkader-Draper

Miller

(i like Mitchell we still have our offensive D guys like Kron,Rakalski,Ericcson, then we have big body guys that take the body like Kron again, Stuart,Lilja,Mitchell if we could get him. I think he's only making just under 4 now)

Kronwall-Rafalski

W.Mitchell-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson

Kindl

Guest micah

He (Lidstrom) is not declining he is part of the team and if the whole team plays bad his number will reflect that.

Have you been watching the playoffs at all?

I also think Lidstrom will take less money if he decides to come back, not because he isn't playing like his old self but because he wants to win one more. Knowing how tight the Wings are to the cap and knowing that if he took less money they could go out and get some more scoring or something i think thats the reason he takes less, to help out the team.

Lids - 1yr 4.5mill

/dream

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / * Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.000m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / * Drew Miller ($0.750m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

* Mattias Ritola ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.500m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.538m; CAP ROOM: $0.162m BONUSES: $0.000m

/dream off

/dream

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / * Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.000m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / * Drew Miller ($0.750m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

* Mattias Ritola ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.500m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.538m; CAP ROOM: $0.162m BONUSES: $0.000m

/dream off

I'd go with

Franzen-Datsyuk-Kovalchuk

Zetterberg-Filppula-Holmstrom

Eaves-Helm-Cleary

Draper-Abdelkader-Miller

Ritola

Lidstrom 40years old going 41 next year, has gotten much much worse, his salary should be 50% of what it is now, and he will likely retire, too.

It's not reasonable for a 40 year old+ to get 5.5million, simple as that...

I can never tell if Mindfly is serious or not :-p

I just surely hope not :)

While I have noticed the obvious decline in Lidstrom much like everyone else.....50+ points is still pretty solid for a defenseman. Most Defenseman in their primes could only dream about getting that many points in a season.

His experience is too invaluable.

He offers too much to our young defensemen. What he does with them, what he teaches them, and the influence he will have on our young D-guys.....that alone is priceless.

Edited by Joseph Franks

I don't know if I want Hudler back to be honest. 2.8 million seems like a lot for someone out of the NHL for an entire season. I want Sammy back!!!!!

Kovy didn't fit in with NJ, but I could seriously see that Mule-Dats-Kovy line to be really good. Datysuks passing, Kovy's shot and Mule grinding around the net would be good chemistry. If Kovy would take 6 million maybe for 2 or 3 seasons, would you do it?

Edited by TheOwl