• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

#7 Philadelphia knocks out #2 New Jersey

Rate this topic

3rd straight 1st round exit for the Devils.

I think Philly owned them in the regular season, and their fans were praying for this matchup... still impressive nonetheless.

I just hope it's not Philly the Wings meet in the Finals (if) -- be nice to play a postseason for once without facing Pronger and his elbows.

Guest mindfly

LOU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

I bet 4-1 devils in that thread that was on here, what a fail :/

The East is a joke. The Caps should crush the Flyers just based on the fact the Flyers shouldnt be able to put up enough goals to keep up. Once the Pens dispose of the s***ty Sens and the Bruins upset the Sabres the Pens will punish the Bruins. What a cake walk both the Pens and the Caps will have to get to the Conference Finals. There is such a massive inbalance in the quality of teams when comparing the Eastern Conference with the Western Conference.

The Devils couldn't contain Leino, obviously. That was their downfall.

But seriously, it was not completely unexpected that Philly would put up a fight, but that they'd go and win it in 5?

Haven't seen much from the series, but it sounds like Boucher has played great and he's going to have to keep doing that if they don't want to get run over by Washington.

Omg I am a happy man. Besides the redwings, the flyers are my favorite team. Glad they pulled the upset on the Devils to advance to the 2nd round. Now I all I need is for Montreal to come back and win so they don't have to play Ovi and the Caps! :scared:

Sad ending to a season for Brodeur, hes my favorite NHL goalie ever.

Omg I am a happy man. Besides the redwings, the flyers are my favorite team. Glad they pulled the upset on the Devils to advance to the 2nd round. Now I all I need is for Montreal to come back and win so they don't have to play Ovi and the Caps! :scared:

Sad ending to a season for Brodeur, hes my favorite NHL goalie ever.

I've always kinda liked Philadelphia as well...or at least the last maybe 6 or 7 years anyways. Unfortunately for them there is no way Mtl comes back against Washington. Plus, without Carter and Gagne their O won't produce enough against the Caps. They'll have to pray their D can contain the Caps somehow.

Not so surprising ... didn't expect it in 5 though...

I hope they get fat and lazy with all the time off they will have before the next round starts.

my thought too... as was already pointed out, Phi killed them in the season series, but when they got Kovalchuk, I thought they were going to tear it up... with this early exit, I bet he tests FA now...

Does anyone else think playing Brodeur 75+ games a year might not be the best strategy going into the playoffs?

Especially when their backups have been having equal or better stats the past couple years.

Is the guy just padding his stats at this point?

Edited by egroen

Does anyone else think playing Brodeur 75+ games a year might not be the best strategy going into the playoffs?

Especially when their backups have been having equal or better stats the past couple years.

Is the guy just padding his stats at this point?

possible... it is nice to have a summer off, especially after you've already won 3 Stanley Cups... although I don't think that is the case, as Marty is one hell of a competitor and goaltender, I'm sure subconsciously it happens a little...

possible... it is nice to have a summer off, especially after you've already won 3 Stanley Cups... although I don't think that is the case, as Marty is one hell of a competitor and goaltender, I'm sure subconsciously it happens a little...

It just flat-out is not working.

When was the last time Brodeur has had a good tournament?

He gets yanked from the Olympics, 3 1st round exits in a row (all to lower seeds) -- you have to go back to the '05 World Cup and the '03 playoffs to find a Series where he really excelled.

It just flat-out is not working.

When was the last time Brodeur has had a good tournament?

He gets yanked from the Olympics, 3 1st round exits in a row (all to lower seeds) -- you have to go back to the '05 World Cup and the '03 playoffs to find a Series where he really excelled.

Indeed, he definitely doesn't look the same and whether it truly is fatigue, or just apathy, I think there's a good chance he hangs them up soon, if not this off season, next... he's definitely not the same Martin Brodeur from 5 years ago

Changes coming to Jersey? 3rd straight 1st round exit.

I dont think they'll do anything major. They still have a great core of players. I do however think Kovalchuk will be testing the UFA waters despite Jersey's attempts to re-sign him.

For the record, Kovalchuk's playoff record is now 1-8. Any NHL teams still wanna throw $10M/yr long term at this guy?

I dont think they'll do anything major. They still have a great core of players. I do however think Kovalchuk will be testing the UFA waters despite Jersey's attempts to re-sign him.

For the record, Kovalchuk's playoff record is now 1-8. Any NHL teams still wanna throw $10M/yr long term at this guy?

He was painfully average in his tenure in Jersey. Not bad, but not the sniper they were hoping for. Probably a product of Lemaire's defense first system. I won't be suprised to see him leave.

Over dramatic? He played for Atlanta and how do you rest a team's fate on 1 player? The Devils have had 3 straight first round eliminations and you want to put Kovy on a pedestal.

He was painfully average in his tenure in Jersey. Not bad, but not the sniper they were hoping for. Probably a product of Lemaire's defense first system. I won't be suprised to see him leave.

The KHL is gonna throw a huge offer at him.I wouldn't be surprised if he left the NHL.Paul Martin is a UFA,isn't he?I haven't really heard much about him as far as if he's gonna hit free agency or re-sign with the Devils.

Guest micah

Philly is built for playoff hockey, gritty guys who play with heart and won't back down from top to bottom.

It sounds like Lappy is gonna be alright after blocking that puck with his face. He says he was stupid to not wear a shield and that he will from now on. Says he'll fight just as much but he'll ditch the helmet. He's a tough egg.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kovalchuk will make the league max in LA. He's like Hossa. A playoff choke. Although he has only been in the playoffs twice so maybe he should be cut a bit of slack.