• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 1

Rate this topic

Howard had an awesome game. D was pretty tight for the most part (think the D is figuring out Howard's rebounds now).

Looking forward to Game 6. Will be there in S110 R1. Looking forward to watching the Wings finish this series with the best seats I've ever had at the Joe!!!!

Guest Crymson

Amazing saves by Howard...

But we're f***ed.

This has been you all series long. Show a little fortitude, dude.

Edited by Crymson

Good win for the wings. Phoenix played really hard in the 2nd and first part of the 3rd, but they just don't have enough offensively especially without Doan. Can't win in shootouts in the playoffs lol. Their regular season point totals got inflated by winning 14 shootouts, the most in the league

I had the same thought about him a couple of times tonight. He's thinking too much. But he surely did pick it up before it was all over. I think he's baaaack. :ph34r:

Well that's the thing, he still makes good plays every now and then, and seems to get a lot of confidence after he's had a goal or assist. It was the same earlier in the series, he looked like poo for most of the game, then had a nice assist on Datsyuk's goal and for a couple of shifts after that he looked like he was "back". But next game he's gone again.

SO EFFING HAPPY WITH THE BOUNCEBACK OF JIMMY HOWARD!!!

Great to see. Couldn't be happier for this kid.

Great win tonight on many levels. Hopefully we can close it up Sunday. I'm fine with an ugly game even so long as we can close it up. 5-4 Wings, 6-5 Wings, I don't care. I just want to win and get this series over with.

Guest Crymson

I'm all out. I keep hoping you'll post something amazingly inspiring to keep me going, but you just keep calling me out when my faith falters.

Your faith falters frequently. That's the point; it's why I told you to show some fortitude. Whether or not you decide to lose hope when things get tense is entirely in your hands.

Clutch win. A part of me thought that 3rd period would be hell. As it progressed I was getting scared, but the Wings played so professional. So much confidence. Great Win.

The guys on Versus used the word "patience". I think that was the key to the win. Our guys stayed in the game and waited till the Yotes got out of control in the third and they pounded on 'em, over and over. I LOVED it. And that is why we will win this series, kids. The Wings have the Yotes' number.

Great win!

It was a good road game in that we just stuck with it and found a way to win in the end. Howard was fantastic obviously. But, I thought our poise and experience took over in the latter half of that third period.

I'm curious to see if Holmstrom is going to be back on Pav and Mule's line. As much as Cleary has more speed and is usually a beast in the postseason, there's no one better than Homer in front of the net.

Great game, huge win. We played a near perfect road game, and right off the bat I think we challenged them physically which was key. Our entire defense was tremendous tonight especially on the penalty kill, and Howard was very solid in net. I thought Helm, Filppula and obviously Datsyuk had great games for the forwards. Good to see everyone stepping up at key moments.

Sadly I have to work for Game 6, but here's hoping we come out with an effort similar to this one. The boys worked hard and it payed off.

Your faith falters frequently. That's the point; it's why I told you to show some fortitude. Whether or not you decide to lose hope when things get tense is entirely in your hands.

There are a whole lot of Wings' fans who lose faith during a game. Check the posts on this very thread. I'm not sure why one is being singled out by you. And you are right about "whether or not you decide to lose hope when things get tense is entirely in your hands". Yes, it is. It's not in yours. Unless a poster gets derogatory or starts calling our boyz names, I ignore it. I mostly feel bad for those who give up so easily.

I think that's gonna be it for the Coyotes. They put up a hell of a fight, but Howard just basically posted back to back shutouts, since that Jovo goal was utter bulls***. Game 6 in the Joe, and the Wings can smell the blood in the water. Hopefully they get it taken care of and earn themselves a couple of extra days of rest. Awesome third period, and whoever said that s*** about the team not being special or magical or whatever needs to GTFO.

Chris

Found a gem from a Coyote fan. "I'm not sure you appreciate just what Doan is to the Coyotes. It's like losing Datsyuk or Zetterberg--even worse in some ways given Doan's leadership role. His absence has been a clear edge for Detroit in an otherwise tight series."