• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 1

Rate this topic

Found a gem from a Coyote fan. "I'm not sure you appreciate just what Doan is to the Coyotes. It's like losing Datsyuk or Zetterberg--even worse in some ways given Doan's leadership role. His absence has been a clear edge for Detroit in an otherwise tight series."

Well, that's not actually a ridiculous thing to say. For their style of play the Coyotes really feed off Doan's example.

Guest Crymson

Found a gem from a Coyote fan. "I'm not sure you appreciate just what Doan is to the Coyotes. It's like losing Datsyuk or Zetterberg--even worse in some ways given Doan's leadership role. His absence has been a clear edge for Detroit in an otherwise tight series."

Yeah, bulls***. He's not THAT important.

Just got done watching the game.

The perfect road game, great win boys.

Words can't express my love for Howard right now :lol: Great goal from pav and nice to see yet another empty netter for Z :P

Shame that Jimmy would've had the shutout if it weren't for Jovo and that ridiculous goal. Real head scratcher when you look at some of the goals Homer has had called back, but meh that's the way it goes I guess.

Wings in 6!

LGW :thumbup:

Just got done watching the game.

The perfect road game, great win boys.

Words can't express my love for Howard right now :lol: Great goal from pav and nice to see yet another empty netter for Z :P

Shame that Jimmy would've had the shutout if it weren't for Jovo and that ridiculous goal. Real head scratcher when you look at some of the goals Homer has had called back, but meh that's the way it goes I guess.

Wings in 6!

LGW :thumbup:

No question that would've been called back if the tables were turned and Holmstrom scored it. Jovo got away with one last night.

It looks to me that over the course of the series we are seeing that Phoenix just doesn't have the finishers. They had soem really good chances last night for sure. In my opinion, Howard should be on back to back shutouts right now. That goal by Ed was questionable interference.

Looks like I was wrong on Jimmy... Although the defense FINALLY showing up I think has been the key, Howie has really showed he can be a difference maker. To bounce back like he has as a rookie netminder shows this kid is for real and all the talk about this guy being the future of the franchise is valid. All Jimmy has to be is solid as we go forward... and he has turned it around and done that after game 3. I really have a good vibe right now with the way the boys have played and if they remain healthy and play "playoff hockey" like the last 2 games and not the finesse crap like earlier in the series its hard to find a team as good or even better still going right now! We are truly blessed to have an organization like this... The team as a whole still finds ways to amaze me to this day, and to bounce back the way they have after game 3 when many other teams would have just fell apart shows why this is STILL the best franchise in the sport from top to bottom! GO WINGS!!!!!

Looking forward to today's game and the Wings should take care of business. It would be big trouble if we lose today having to deal with an all-bets-are-off 7th game in Phoenix. Need the extra day of rest to prepare for the trip to San Jose.