RedWingsFanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

Game 5 Quick Thoughts!

Hockeytown Happenings - Game 5 Quick Thoughts

:clap:
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time."
-Mickey Redmond

#522 sharomyga

sharomyga

He delivers

• Silver Booster
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

does anybody have Pavel's interview?
"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
П. Дацюк
"I don't have percentage, alcohol has percentage"
П. Дацюк
-----------
Posted Image
-----------
My website

#523 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

The guys on Versus used the word "patience". I think that was the key to the win.

I said that when we won game 4 and its what will make us tough to beat.

Way to go Wings!
40 for life.

#524 Jibbajaba

Jibbajaba

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

I think that's gonna be it for the Coyotes. They put up a hell of a fight, but Howard just basically posted back to back shutouts, since that Jovo goal was utter bulls***. Game 6 in the Joe, and the Wings can smell the blood in the water. Hopefully they get it taken care of and earn themselves a couple of extra days of rest. Awesome third period, and whoever said that s*** about the team not being special or magical or whatever needs to GTFO.

Chris

it must be tough to skate with flippers and a snorkel cause these ******* be divin'

#525 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

Found a gem from a Coyote fan. "I'm not sure you appreciate just what Doan is to the Coyotes. It's like losing Datsyuk or Zetterberg--even worse in some ways given Doan's leadership role. His absence has been a clear edge for Detroit in an otherwise tight series."

#526 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Found a gem from a Coyote fan. "I'm not sure you appreciate just what Doan is to the Coyotes. It's like losing Datsyuk or Zetterberg--even worse in some ways given Doan's leadership role. His absence has been a clear edge for Detroit in an otherwise tight series."

Well, that's not actually a ridiculous thing to say. For their style of play the Coyotes really feed off Doan's example.

#527 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Yeah, bulls***. He's not THAT important.

#528 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

brilliant win. the wings seem to look better and better as the series continues. let's see them keep moving on sunday and not give the coyotes a chance.

#529 Aki

Aki

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

let's thank the octopus for the curse!

#530 heed316

heed316

Greenman strikes down the Wings foes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

Woooooo WINGS!!! I'm drunk from the bar watching the game, GREAT GAME!!

#531 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

Glitches and not so great audio but...

FSN Highlights with Ken and Mickey!!!

#532 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

Glitches and not so great audio but...

FSN Highlights with Ken and Mickey!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-TNUA79MKg

Man I miss hearing Ken and Mickey! I wish we could paste their commentary over the VS crews. :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#533 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:21 AM

Just got done watching the game.

The perfect road game, great win boys.

Words can't express my love for Howard right now :lol: Great goal from pav and nice to see yet another empty netter for Z :P

Shame that Jimmy would've had the shutout if it weren't for Jovo and that ridiculous goal. Real head scratcher when you look at some of the goals Homer has had called back, but meh that's the way it goes I guess.

Wings in 6!

LGW :thumbup:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#534 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:29 AM

Just got done watching the game.

The perfect road game, great win boys.

Words can't express my love for Howard right now :lol: Great goal from pav and nice to see yet another empty netter for Z :P

Shame that Jimmy would've had the shutout if it weren't for Jovo and that ridiculous goal. Real head scratcher when you look at some of the goals Homer has had called back, but meh that's the way it goes I guess.

Wings in 6!

LGW :thumbup:

No question that would've been called back if the tables were turned and Holmstrom scored it. Jovo got away with one last night.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#535 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:23 AM

It looks to me that over the course of the series we are seeing that Phoenix just doesn't have the finishers. They had soem really good chances last night for sure. In my opinion, Howard should be on back to back shutouts right now. That goal by Ed was questionable interference.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#536 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

VENI VIDI VICI
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#537 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Zetterberg has 6goals and still Samuelsson has more goals... that's just wrong

Both move ahead of Crosby though in playoff goals. :clap:
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#538 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Looks like I was wrong on Jimmy... Although the defense FINALLY showing up I think has been the key, Howie has really showed he can be a difference maker. To bounce back like he has as a rookie netminder shows this kid is for real and all the talk about this guy being the future of the franchise is valid. All Jimmy has to be is solid as we go forward... and he has turned it around and done that after game 3. I really have a good vibe right now with the way the boys have played and if they remain healthy and play "playoff hockey" like the last 2 games and not the finesse crap like earlier in the series its hard to find a team as good or even better still going right now! We are truly blessed to have an organization like this... The team as a whole still finds ways to amaze me to this day, and to bounce back the way they have after game 3 when many other teams would have just fell apart shows why this is STILL the best franchise in the sport from top to bottom! GO WINGS!!!!!
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#539 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#540 JerBaz

JerBaz

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Me too, from the very beginning of the series, I picked the Wings in 6 games. What a huge win on the road...all I can say is, good luck next year, Coyotes, this one's all over.