• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Ian Laperriere

Rate this topic

Guy's putting his face in front of a slap shot when his team is up 3-0 in a series clinching game. That's what playoff hockey is all about. :clap:

Actually, playoff hockey is about sacrificing the body, but knowing how to block a shot. They guy needs to learn not to face the puck or wear a face sheild. He should know better considering he did the same thing earlier this year. Maybe he's so dumb he can't pass shot blocking 101

Guest mindfly

If you block a shot without visor you gotta have face down ice or something to avoid the puck hitting you straight in the face...and do this quickly because he can fake a shot and then you aren't really in the game for a few secs... :huh:

Edited by mindfly

Guest micah

Lappy is 100% warrior. He has made a career out of doing what nobody else wants to do. He isn't big, isn't a great fighter, isn't all that skilled (though he's no slouch either) but he will do absolutely anything for the team anytime. Fight a guy 50lbs bigger than him? Sure. Block a puck with his head? More than once. Be one of the league's only agitators not afraid of backing up his talk? No problem. 1st line? Sure. 4th line? Sure. Dude just flat plays to the best of his ability every single night. He's a gamer.

Actually, playoff hockey is about sacrificing the body, but knowing how to block a shot. They guy needs to learn not to face the puck or wear a face sheild. He should know better considering he did the same thing earlier this year. Maybe he's so dumb he can't pass shot blocking 101

Wear a face shield? Learn to block shots? He was turning his face as it hit him. Have you ever blocked a shot, I would love to see you not face it when you first go down for the block. You gotta make sure its getting released or get up really quick and get back in position. The guys tougher then our whole team combined for god's sake and you're saying he's dumb. Pfft ya right.

He got the job done didn't he?

Guest micah

I still hate him, I wouldn't want anyone from the Avs or Blues on the Wings ever. If it makes people feel any better, I would still have him even if he saved a church load of nuns and puppies from a fire.

Shanahan? Drake? Hull?

Anyone see Mike Fisher of Ottawa headbutts Fleury of Pittsbrugh last night. Not Bob Probert style, but he did break Fleurys nose, he should be suspended.

Unless youre talking about a different play, Fisher got pushed into Orpik and shouldn't have even got a penalty let alone a suspension.

Unless youre talking about a different play, Fisher got pushed into Orpik and shouldn't have even got a penalty let alone a suspension.

Certainly not 4 minutes for drawing blood when it came from the helmet. That was matching minors - end of story.

He's always been a team guy, but I've never really liked him, even before the whole Lidstrom hit.

He's always been a boring fighter to watch and has a lot of non-fighters on his fight card. Also, he has to be a candidate for the "Mike Ricci Award".

Are you guys actually suggesting he purposefully took that shot to the face? <_<

Come on.

Props for sacrificing the body to block a shot, but yes - only an idiot is going to block an ice level shot from the point with his face.

It was just rotten luck he took it there; sheesh, that could have ended his career.

Edited by egroen

That any redwing fan would like LaPerrier, the same asshat who took out Lids knee, maybe shortening his career, causing him to lose a step, anything.....is disgusting as hell.

Hope the SOB gets hit by a bus.

Oh, he was pushed I didn't look at it well enough as another board called it a head butt.

That any redwing fan would like LaPerrier, the same asshat who took out Lids knee, maybe shortening his career, causing him to lose a step, anything.....is disgusting as hell.

Hope the SOB gets hit by a bus.

Yeah a clean hit on a star player. I would love him here and I'm sure if he was a wing and did that clean hit to Crosby you would love it.

may.jpg

???

Shanahan? Drake? Hull?

Osgood?

Got me on one count. As for the rest, Ozzy, eh, Always was a Hasek fan, everyone knows my Opinion on May and Benedict Hull who keeps predicting the downfall of the wings can insert something very uncomfortable in an anatomically incorrect place in an impossible manor.

Are you guys actually suggesting he purposefully took that shot to the face? <_<

Come on.

Props for sacrificing the body to block a shot, but yes - only an idiot is going to block an ice level shot from the point with his face.

It was just rotten luck he took it there; sheesh, that could have ended his career.

Got to agree with you. I give props to all players who block shots like that, but he didn't block it with his face on purpose. It's just where the shot happened to go. Good idea to wear a face-shield from now on though.