• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Ian Laperriere

Rate this topic

Are you guys actually suggesting he purposefully took that shot to the face? <_<

We must get rid of that which is in the way of us truly feeling our pain.

Wait, no, I mean...

The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

From TSN :

The Philadelphia Flyers had a bit of a surprise at the morning skate on Sunday as injured forward Ian Laperriere skated with the team.

While he remains out indefinitely with a concussion and a brain bruise sustained in the Flyers opening round series with the New Jersey Devils, he was on the ice after Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette asked him to don a yellow jersey and skate with the fourth line.

Following practice, Laperriere said that he felt great however he realizes that he will not be cleared by team doctors until he undergoes another MRI next week.

From NHL

Flyers forward Ian Laperriere was all smiles Monday morning at the Flyers' practice facility in Voorhees, N.J.

The veteran forward, named the NHL's toughest player by The Hockey News, underwent an MRI in the morning and was given the green light by doctors to resume skating with contact.

It's the first step in Laperriere's comeback, which it appears might happen sooner rather than later.

Are you guys actually suggesting he purposefully took that shot to the face? <_<

Only Danny Markov would purposefully take a shot to the face.

Edit: speaking of Markov, he apparently tried taking on 4 police officers recently http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/postedsports/archive/2010/04/04/former-leaf-danny-markov-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-russia.aspx

Edited by Echolalia

Isn't Laperriere the guy who took a dirty head shot on Helm & broke his nose on the first shift on Easter Sunday? Helmer came back & got a goal.....but after that it was he like his energy slowed & he wasn't the same guy thru most of the playoffs.

Only Danny Markov would purposefully take a shot to the face.

Edit: speaking of Markov, he apparently tried taking on 4 police officers recently http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/postedsports/archive/2010/04/04/former-leaf-danny-markov-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-russia.aspx

I miss Markov.He was and apparently still is badass.Didn't he used to smoke in the locker room during intermissions?

The return of Laperriere would be great for the Flyers but probably won't happen until the Stanley Cup Finals if they make it that far. He showed a lot of heart battling for them and sacrificing himself.

Guest micah

What can you say about a guy like Lappy that hasn't already been said? He's everything a hockey player should be. He's skilled enough to play the game, he's a pretty good family man from what I hear, he's great in the community, he's a fan favorite everywhere he plays and he's the toughest man on the ice night in and night out - he's willing to hit, block shots, muck it up in the corners and even at 35 years of age he fights with greater frequency than almost anybody else in the league. I sometimes don't like that he's a mouthy pest, but I guess I don't mind mouthy pests if they aren't afraid to back it up and give the recipient of the smacktalk an invite to try and shut him up.

What can you say about a guy like Lappy that hasn't already been said? He's everything a hockey player should be. He's skilled enough to play the game, he's a pretty good family man from what I hear, he's great in the community, he's a fan favorite everywhere he plays and he's the toughest man on the ice night in and night out - he's willing to hit, block shots, muck it up in the corners and even at 35 years of age he fights with greater frequency than almost anybody else in the league. I sometimes don't like that he's a mouthy pest, but I guess I don't mind mouthy pests if they aren't afraid to back it up and give the recipient of the smacktalk an invite to try and shut him up.

Well he'd better just watch out cause we're gettin' Hudler back next year! :P

esteef

Lappy was the kind of guy that every team hated to play against, every teams fans hated him, and everyone wanted him on their team. Guys like him are becoming more and more scarce in the league these days.

I hope he has a quality life after hockey. It's tough seeing a guy who played like him have to retire after two years in the sick ward. Good luck to you, Lappy.

Edited by BigWillieStyle

Never liked him. Though I hate to see a guy go out being injured

I second that. I cannot stand him, never have and never will. Just one of those players that piss you off lol. But like you said, never want to see a player go out in that fashion regardless of who it is.