• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

I still hate him, I wouldn't want anyone from the Avs or Blues on the Wings ever. If it makes people feel any better, I would still have him even if he saved a church load of nuns and puppies from a fire.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#22 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

I would rephrase that - one of those guys you hate when he plays your team, and love the rest of the time. I still think that signing him and Betts were such good moves.

Not me, I think he's a piece of s***, making him the perfect fit for the Flyers.

#23 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

I still hate him, I wouldn't want anyone from the Avs or Blues on the Wings ever. If it makes people feel any better, I would still have him even if he saved a church load of nuns and puppies from a fire.

Posted Image

???

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#24 ManLuv4Clears

ManLuv4Clears

Tough As Nails

• Gold Booster
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Guy's putting his face in front of a slap shot when his team is up 3-0 in a series clinching game. That's what playoff hockey is all about. :clap:

#25 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Wonder what those pucks feels like hitting you in the forehead... gotta be a risk for concussion and s*** as well?

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

[quote name='mindfly' date='23 April 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1272049881' post='1954996']
Wonder what those pucks feels like hitting you in the forehead... gotta be a risk for concussion and s*** as well?
[/quote
Must really jar your skull
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

Guy's putting his face in front of a slap shot when his team is up 3-0 in a series clinching game. That's what playoff hockey is all about. :clap:

Actually, playoff hockey is about sacrificing the body, but knowing how to block a shot. They guy needs to learn not to face the puck or wear a face sheild. He should know better considering he did the same thing earlier this year. Maybe he's so dumb he can't pass shot blocking 101
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#28 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

If you block a shot without visor you gotta have face down ice or something to avoid the puck hitting you straight in the face...and do this quickly because he can fake a shot and then you aren't really in the game for a few secs... :huh:

Edited by mindfly, 23 April 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#29 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Lappy is 100% warrior. He has made a career out of doing what nobody else wants to do. He isn't big, isn't a great fighter, isn't all that skilled (though he's no slouch either) but he will do absolutely anything for the team anytime. Fight a guy 50lbs bigger than him? Sure. Block a puck with his head? More than once. Be one of the league's only agitators not afraid of backing up his talk? No problem. 1st line? Sure. 4th line? Sure. Dude just flat plays to the best of his ability every single night. He's a gamer.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Actually, playoff hockey is about sacrificing the body, but knowing how to block a shot. They guy needs to learn not to face the puck or wear a face sheild. He should know better considering he did the same thing earlier this year. Maybe he's so dumb he can't pass shot blocking 101

Wear a face shield? Learn to block shots? He was turning his face as it hit him. Have you ever blocked a shot, I would love to see you not face it when you first go down for the block. You gotta make sure its getting released or get up really quick and get back in position. The guys tougher then our whole team combined for god's sake and you're saying he's dumb. Pfft ya right.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

He got the job done didn't he?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#32 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

Shanahan? Drake? Hull?
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#33 Probert#24

Probert#24

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

Anyone see Mike Fisher of Ottawa headbutts Fleury of Pittsbrugh last night. Not Bob Probert style, but he did break Fleurys nose, he should be suspended.

#34 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

the princesses on the wings should learn how to block shots

Posted Image

#35 Probert#24

Probert#24

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

#36 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

Osgood?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#37 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

What an idiot. I for one am happy our players are smart enough not to block a puck with their face when their up 3-1 in a first round playoff series...
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#38 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Anyone see Mike Fisher of Ottawa headbutts Fleury of Pittsbrugh last night. Not Bob Probert style, but he did break Fleurys nose, he should be suspended.

Unless youre talking about a different play, Fisher got pushed into Orpik and shouldn't have even got a penalty let alone a suspension.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#39 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

Unless youre talking about a different play, Fisher got pushed into Orpik and shouldn't have even got a penalty let alone a suspension.

Certainly not 4 minutes for drawing blood when it came from the helmet. That was matching minors - end of story.

works every time

#40 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

He's always been a team guy, but I've never really liked him, even before the whole Lidstrom hit.

He's always been a boring fighter to watch and has a lot of non-fighters on his fight card. Also, he has to be a candidate for the "Mike Ricci Award".
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.