• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Are you guys actually suggesting he purposefully took that shot to the face? <_<

Come on.

Props for sacrificing the body to block a shot, but yes - only an idiot is going to block an ice level shot from the point with his face.
It was just rotten luck he took it there; sheesh, that could have ended his career.

Edited by egroen, 23 April 2010 - 03:48 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#42 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

That any redwing fan would like LaPerrier, the same asshat who took out Lids knee, maybe shortening his career, causing him to lose a step, anything.....is disgusting as hell.

Hope the SOB gets hit by a bus.

#43 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Also, he has to be a candidate for the "Mike Ricci Award".

also known as "The Brind'Amour."
Posted Image

#44 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

He's always been a team guy, but I've never really liked him, even before the whole Lidstrom hit.

He's always been a boring fighter to watch and has a lot of non-fighters on his fight card. Also, he has to be a candidate for the "Mike Ricci Award".

He'll fight anyone.From Jiri Hudler to Chuck Norris.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#45 Probert#24

Probert#24

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Unless youre talking about a different play, Fisher got pushed into Orpik and shouldn't have even got a penalty let alone a suspension.

Oh, he was pushed I didn't look at it well enough as another board called it a head butt.

#46 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

That any redwing fan would like LaPerrier, the same asshat who took out Lids knee, maybe shortening his career, causing him to lose a step, anything.....is disgusting as hell.

Hope the SOB gets hit by a bus.

Yeah a clean hit on a star player. I would love him here and I'm sure if he was a wing and did that clean hit to Crosby you would love it.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#47 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

Props to Lappy for blocking shots anywhere on his body. Still needs to learn to wear a visor or get his glove up there though; can't leave your face open like that. I know; I've had to replace my cage twice from blocking shots.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#48 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

???

Shanahan? Drake? Hull?

Osgood?

Got me on one count. As for the rest, Ozzy, eh, Always was a Hasek fan, everyone knows my Opinion on May and Benedict Hull who keeps predicting the downfall of the wings can insert something very uncomfortable in an anatomically incorrect place in an impossible manor.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#49 Free_Candy

Free_Candy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

He got his replacement teeth stolen in Louisiana en route to Philly just before he was supposed to do a commercial. He shot the commercial anyway, but with pretty funny results.
"It's a great day for hockey." -- Badger

#50 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

Are you guys actually suggesting he purposefully took that shot to the face? <_<

Come on.

Props for sacrificing the body to block a shot, but yes - only an idiot is going to block an ice level shot from the point with his face.
It was just rotten luck he took it there; sheesh, that could have ended his career.

Got to agree with you. I give props to all players who block shots like that, but he didn't block it with his face on purpose. It's just where the shot happened to go. Good idea to wear a face-shield from now on though.

#51 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

We must get rid of that which is in the way of us truly feeling our pain.

Wait, no, I mean...

The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

#52 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

Y'know, if I kept getting hit in the face whilst blocking shots, I might think about changing my shot blocking technique....
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#53 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:39 AM

From TSN :

The Philadelphia Flyers had a bit of a surprise at the morning skate on Sunday as injured forward Ian Laperriere skated with the team.

While he remains out indefinitely with a concussion and a brain bruise sustained in the Flyers opening round series with the New Jersey Devils, he was on the ice after Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette asked him to don a yellow jersey and skate with the fourth line.

Following practice, Laperriere said that he felt great however he realizes that he will not be cleared by team doctors until he undergoes another MRI next week.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#54 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

From NHL

Flyers forward Ian Laperriere was all smiles Monday morning at the Flyers' practice facility in Voorhees, N.J.

The veteran forward, named the NHL's toughest player by The Hockey News, underwent an MRI in the morning and was given the green light by doctors to resume skating with contact.

It's the first step in Laperriere's comeback, which it appears might happen sooner rather than later.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#55 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Only Danny Markov would purposefully take a shot to the face.

Edit: speaking of Markov, he apparently tried taking on 4 police officers recently http://network.natio...-in-russia.aspx

Edited by Echolalia, 17 May 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#56 taxijim

taxijim

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Isn't Laperriere the guy who took a dirty head shot on Helm & broke his nose on the first shift on Easter Sunday? Helmer came back & got a goal.....but after that it was he like his energy slowed & he wasn't the same guy thru most of the playoffs.

#57 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Only Danny Markov would purposefully take a shot to the face.

Edit: speaking of Markov, he apparently tried taking on 4 police officers recently http://network.natio...-in-russia.aspx

I miss Markov.He was and apparently still is badass.Didn't he used to smoke in the locker room during intermissions?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#58 Datsasuk

Datsasuk

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

The return of Laperriere would be great for the Flyers but probably won't happen until the Stanley Cup Finals if they make it that far. He showed a lot of heart battling for them and sacrificing himself.

#59 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:38 AM

What can you say about a guy like Lappy that hasn't already been said? He's everything a hockey player should be. He's skilled enough to play the game, he's a pretty good family man from what I hear, he's great in the community, he's a fan favorite everywhere he plays and he's the toughest man on the ice night in and night out - he's willing to hit, block shots, muck it up in the corners and even at 35 years of age he fights with greater frequency than almost anybody else in the league. I sometimes don't like that he's a mouthy pest, but I guess I don't mind mouthy pests if they aren't afraid to back it up and give the recipient of the smacktalk an invite to try and shut him up.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#60 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

What can you say about a guy like Lappy that hasn't already been said? He's everything a hockey player should be. He's skilled enough to play the game, he's a pretty good family man from what I hear, he's great in the community, he's a fan favorite everywhere he plays and he's the toughest man on the ice night in and night out - he's willing to hit, block shots, muck it up in the corners and even at 35 years of age he fights with greater frequency than almost anybody else in the league. I sometimes don't like that he's a mouthy pest, but I guess I don't mind mouthy pests if they aren't afraid to back it up and give the recipient of the smacktalk an invite to try and shut him up.

Spot on :thumbup:

'Evolution' created by Offsides