• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Drop Kick

Rate this topic

I could not watch a good replay but all the controversy was whether Howard was out of the crease or not. If he was, that is not an interference but as I saw, Howard was in the crease and Jovanoski's skates stepped Howard.

The call I could not understand was the call against Datsyuk in the 2nd period. It is either I am wrong or Bettman was actually the ref of tonight

I didn't have that much of a problem with it being allowed, but damn I get piping when Holmstrom gets called for far less than that.

Reffing was definitely one-sided tonight, and it was great to see the Wings overcome it!

Need to get the PP going though.

He was at least 2 feet outta the crease. Nothing wrong with that goal,

At least, one of his feet was.....

YOU BE THE JUDGE: (Yes, Holmstrom was called for goalie interference in the top picture)

interference.jpg

SO THAT MAKES THIS......???

Interference-1.jpg

I'm personally fed up with NHL officiating and lack of consistency, the only way I keep my blood pressure down is to view penalties and powerplays as strictly random events. Works wonders!

Edited by Quadnational

Ridiculous! His foot was inside of Howard's leg pad. Thats a little much to me...Holmstrom would be thrown out of a game for that!

He jockeying for position, lifted his foot, lost his balance a little, then got caught up in Howie's ridiculously large pads. Nothing wrong with it. No more interference than Abby's stick in Bryz's face on Miller's goal. Though I do agree that Homer would've been called for it.

He was at least 2 feet outta the crease. Nothing wrong with that goal,

His skate stepped into the front of Howie's pad and he used it like a ski, pushing it away from his body. It definitely impeded Jimmy's ability to position himself to stop the puck.

YOU BE THE JUDGE: (Yes, Holmstrom was called for goalie interference in the top picture)

interference.jpg

Interference-1.jpg

I'm personally fed up with NHL officiating and lack of consistency, the only way I keep my blood pressure down is to view penalties and powerplays as strictly random events. Works wonders!

HOCKEYTOWN knows "HOWIE" is sportin' a 2 game, 120 min. SHUTOUT streak! Plan your work. Work your plan! (Bend over Rover & let "Jimmy" take over).

interference.jpg

Interference-1.jpg

Not interference because Jovo does not wear #96.

But seriously that should have been waived off. Completely missed it. Sucks that Jimmy lost a shot at a 2nd shutout in a row, but he was still great in that game.

Then again they missed calling Homer's goal off for interference in the 3rd for some reason, and his goal in Game 1 as well.

interference.jpg

Interference-1.jpg

I completely agree with you. Nothing is more frustrating to me than the lopsided riff raff the officials are calling for both teams. The wings have been getting called for some very weak penalties throughout the series, and some questionable non-calls have been let go. I think physical play is obviously expected in hockey, but it's ridiculous that they didn't even seem to take a second glance at the physical contact in the crease on Howard on that goal.