• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Drop Kick

Rate this topic

Meh, we got away with a high-stick deflection for the goal in game 4 so we shouldn't complain too much.

Just be thankfull Howie's leg wasn't sliced open by Jovo's skate.

I'm personally fed up with NHL officiating and lack of consistency, the only way I keep my blood pressure down is to view penalties and powerplays as strictly random events. Works wonders!

What a terrific idea, I'll start now!

OMG that picture is f***ed! Look at that goddamn skate. I wont lie this is really pissing me off, imagine the run Jimmy could have had! Had some redmption with that save though :cool:

This again is just another reason why myself as a Red Wing fan still continue to wear aluminum foil around my head to keep Bettman and the NHL from reading my mind... Interference-1.jpg

He was at least 2 feet outta the crease. Nothing wrong with that goal,

Rule 69: Interference on the Goalkeeper

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

There is a common miss conception about the role of the crease, and it is also the reason the refs can call it on Homer just for looking at the opposing keepers.