• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

If you were an actual Red Wings fan you'd know there's no such thing as 'second favorite'

there can be only one... as they'd say in highlander

Glad your the real fan here. Guess me investing thousands of dollars into Red Wing games/jerseys etc. are all wasted because "I'm not a real fan".

Grow up.

?? Because I posted an example of another team's fan that acted like a jackass?

And Penguin's have been my second favorite team since I started watching hockey, only recently has it actually become a dilemma. Don't see how that has to matter in this thread though.

You started watching hockey in '06? Oh well that makes perfect sense. You defend that team more than any Pens fan on LGW and you put the Caps down whenever the opportunity arises. Yet, we can't ignore because everyone could use a fair share of laughs everyday.

You started watching hockey in '06? Oh well that makes perfect sense. You defend that team more than any Pens fan on LGW and you put the Caps down whenever the opportunity arises. Yet, we can't ignore because everyone could use a fair share of laughs everyday.

I started watching hockey in 93' when I was 5. I grew up in Detroit always had them first, but Jagr was my favorite player growing up.

But sure, just take more shots at me. I love the attention apparently.

If you were an actual Red Wings fan you'd know there's no such thing as 'second favorite'

I disagree. He's not allowed to like other teams? In the end this is a sport and the end goal is to provide entertainment/enjoyment. So if he gets entertainment from watching the Penguins, more power to him. Hockey is an amazing sport that is super fun to watch, and the sport goes beyond one team.

And if you saw where I live and are wondering if the Coyotes are my "second" favorite team, yes they are. It's been an amazing ride since I started attention to them at last years deadline and I enjoyed every minute of of it until they drew Detroit in the first round.

Edited by webwing91

I have a second favorite team too, Buffalo.

I'll probably get negative votes for this, but my second favorite baseball team is the Yankees, and my second favorite Football team is the Cowboys.

I started watching hockey in 93' when I was 5. I grew up in Detroit always had them first, but Jagr was my favorite player growing up.

But sure, just take more shots at me. I love the attention apparently.

The victim card eh? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of shots at you down the road

The victim card eh? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of shots at you down the road

Good thing I have the best sense of humor in the world and am inherently more important then everyone else.

Otherwise your negative comments to me would ruin my life.

You won't get a negative vote from me for that. :thumbup:

That 1996-2001 team they had was awesome! O'Neill, Williams, Jeter, Tino, Pettitte, Rivera, etc. :thumbup:. They played the game the right way, were clutch, and helped keep me interest in Baseball through some very very tough Tigers seasons... Plus I've always had a thing for the city of New York.

Those "Howard" chants really backfired on them, huh?

LOL...I personally think those chants are idioitic. It would be one thing if Howard was getting shelled, but the game was tied 1-1 when they started piping up...

Guest scottj

This board is too obsessed with the word classy. Hockey isn't supposed to be classy

If the home team gets a penalty the second time something is thrown I'm surprised the away team hasn't had fans in the stands that are ready to throw something on the ice just for the penalty if they are down late in the game.

Could you imagine that. A yotes fan throwing octopi on the ice for a penalty or a wings fan throwing snakes.

Could be pretty smart but desperate tactic.

Living in Arizona has made me adopt the Coyotes as my second favorite team. My roommate is Buffalo guy and I will root for the Sabres from time to time. But, should one dare play my Red Wings they will lose my support faster than Poland lost to Germany in WWII.

To be honest, if I went to a rivals city, and tossed an Octopus onto the ice deep in enemy territory during a game that we were winning, the LEAST I could hope for is to get the finger.

Nothing is more gratifying than pissing off the enemy, and then loving every minute of it. And when they respond like that, you know you've completed a job well done :)

OH NOES! Someone flipped a Wings fan the finger! What is the world coming to?!?!?!?!?!?

You don't think a Wings fan has at any time flipped the bird to a fan of a rival team?

Why has this man gotten negative rep? He states the truth... You flip us off and we shall return the favor in due time my friends :hehe:

God forbid a thread exists that doesn't turn into a Carman pens-caps debate.

Subtle, Carman, Subtle. Hook, line, sinker.

How did I bait at all?

It's not like there are many youtube videos of fans being "unclassy", that was just the first one that came to mind.

I didn't say again regarding pens-caps...

Nice straw-man argument.

give-a-fuck-o-meter.gif

Hey man, get your own shtick! ;)

Glad your the real fan here. Guess me investing thousands of dollars into Red Wing games/jerseys etc. are all wasted because "I'm not a real fan".

Grow up.

Yeah guys... I mean you can definitely question Carman's taste, but he's still a loyal Wings fan in the end. Like people say, though, there's no accounting for taste. That must be why he's willing to support those despicable Penguins on the side. :lol:

How's this for classy fan ... Penguin fan:

Penguin Fan Kills Wife

Already a thread: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64593

Just a s***ty human being, not a classless fan.

I'll probably get negative votes for this, but my second favorite baseball team is the Yankees, and my second favorite Football team is the Cowboys.

Being a Yankees fan is unforgivable. I'd imagine you got behind the Yankees and Cowboys as a kid, though, when we all wanted to back winners. I was huge Yankees fan the season leading up to that '96 (?) World Series win - but I've just grown to hate them. Not as much as I hate the Red Sox, though. They've become a Championship-purchaser just like the Yanks, yet pretend like they aren't.

But I digress.

Having more than 1 favorite team really isn't - especially when they don't generally compete. As Carman said, being a Pens fan and a Wings fan was never an issue for him until recently. In addition to the Tigers, I also love the Cubs - they just happened to play an interleague series last year. My friends and I went and I wore my Cubs shirt to get a rise out of people, even though I was perfectly happy to see the Tigers take the game and the series.

I personally can't really get behind another hockey team on any level other than jersey appreciation, but that's just me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with following or rooting for more than one team.

edit: Formatting.

Edited by Travis