• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

Umm has there ever been a penalty assessed for throwing stuff on the ice against the home team??? I remember the rat thing with the Panthers but I don't recall if a penalty was ever called.

#22 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

It's clear to me that you are in fact, a penguins fan

?? Because I posted an example of another team's fan that acted like a jackass?

And Penguin's have been my second favorite team since I started watching hockey, only recently has it actually become a dilemma. Don't see how that has to matter in this thread though.

#23 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

And Penguin's have been my second favorite team since I started watching hockey, only recently has it actually become a dilemma. Don't see how that has to matter in this thread though.

If you were an actual Red Wings fan you'd know there's no such thing as 'second favorite'

there can be only one... as they'd say in highlander
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#24 webwing91

webwing91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

Just something I've been wondering... if someone threw a bunch of snakes on to the ice at the Joe... would you guys be upset at all? It seems that most of you think that would be great, and honestly how it should be. I don't know. Completely understandable when it is at your own arena, gets the fans in a great mood, and everybody going. But opposing arenas, of course people will get mad at you. They're drunk and they just had a hugely deflating and upsetting loss. Not a big deal either way, got to remember it is just a game. And the finger is really no big deal, now the guy in Columbus last year, that punched a Wings fan... that's over the line.

#25 Boomtron

Boomtron

3rd line grinder

• 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

This board is too obsessed with the word classy. Hockey isn't supposed to be classy

Finally! i thought i was the only person who felt that way. apparently i'd be an embarrassment to all other wings fans when i go to phoenix, anaheim, or LA. my friends and i get hammered and heckle the hell out of anyone who will listen. totally unclassy

#26 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

I saw it. He also said "f*** you". Super classy. I can't believe they actually showed that.
40 for life.

#27 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

If you were an actual Red Wings fan you'd know there's no such thing as 'second favorite'

Glad your the real fan here. Guess me investing thousands of dollars into Red Wing games/jerseys etc. are all wasted because "I'm not a real fan".

Grow up.

#28 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

You started watching hockey in '06? Oh well that makes perfect sense. You defend that team more than any Pens fan on LGW and you put the Caps down whenever the opportunity arises. Yet, we can't ignore because everyone could use a fair share of laughs everyday.

#29 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

It's clear to me that you are in fact, a penguins fan

Carman's a good guy. It took me a while, but just think sarcasm when you read his posts and you get it.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#30 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

You started watching hockey in '06? Oh well that makes perfect sense. You defend that team more than any Pens fan on LGW and you put the Caps down whenever the opportunity arises. Yet, we can't ignore because everyone could use a fair share of laughs everyday.

I started watching hockey in 93' when I was 5. I grew up in Detroit always had them first, but Jagr was my favorite player growing up.

But sure, just take more shots at me. I love the attention apparently.

#31 webwing91

webwing91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

I disagree. He's not allowed to like other teams? In the end this is a sport and the end goal is to provide entertainment/enjoyment. So if he gets entertainment from watching the Penguins, more power to him. Hockey is an amazing sport that is super fun to watch, and the sport goes beyond one team.

And if you saw where I live and are wondering if the Coyotes are my "second" favorite team, yes they are. It's been an amazing ride since I started attention to them at last years deadline and I enjoyed every minute of of it until they drew Detroit in the first round.

Edited by webwing91, 24 April 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#32 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

I have a second favorite team too, Buffalo.

I'll probably get negative votes for this, but my second favorite baseball team is the Yankees, and my second favorite Football team is the Cowboys.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#33 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

I started watching hockey in 93' when I was 5. I grew up in Detroit always had them first, but Jagr was my favorite player growing up.

But sure, just take more shots at me. I love the attention apparently.

The victim card eh? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of shots at you down the road

#34 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

I have a second favorite team too, Buffalo.

I'll probably get negative votes for this, but my second favorite baseball team is the Yankees, and my second favorite Football team is the Cowboys.

You won't get a negative vote from me for that. :thumbup:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#35 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

The victim card eh? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of shots at you down the road

Good thing I have the best sense of humor in the world and am inherently more important then everyone else.

Otherwise your negative comments to me would ruin my life.

#36 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

You won't get a negative vote from me for that. :thumbup:

That 1996-2001 team they had was awesome! O'Neill, Williams, Jeter, Tino, Pettitte, Rivera, etc. :thumbup:. They played the game the right way, were clutch, and helped keep me interest in Baseball through some very very tough Tigers seasons... Plus I've always had a thing for the city of New York.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#37 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

Those "Howard" chants really backfired on them, huh?

#38 Belowme

Belowme

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

Those "Howard" chants really backfired on them, huh?

LOL...I personally think those chants are idioitic. It would be one thing if Howard was getting shelled, but the game was tied 1-1 when they started piping up...

#39 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

This board is too obsessed with the word classy. Hockey isn't supposed to be classy

#40 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

If the home team gets a penalty the second time something is thrown I'm surprised the away team hasn't had fans in the stands that are ready to throw something on the ice just for the penalty if they are down late in the game.

Could you imagine that. A yotes fan throwing octopi on the ice for a penalty or a wings fan throwing snakes.

Could be pretty smart but desperate tactic.