• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

This whole season and so far in the playoffs I feel Stuart has been the Wings best and most consistent defenseman. He always throws his weight around and always seems to be in the right area. Everyone talks about Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and rightfully so, but I think Stuart deserves some praise!!!

stuart fits our system perfectly. and his role.

when the wings ran into injuries you could tell the guy was gassed. our defense as a whole is getting better and better. loveee seeing stuart throw the body.

People apparently have blinders on around here, or don't know what our defensive coverage looks like.

Stuart has been terrible, and is just now falling off my radar of players that make me groan when I see them get on the ice.

He's been average; not awful, and not great.

Hmm... Well what do you think would put him in the 'above average' or 'great' category?

How did we even get Brad. I just remember him showing up in beast mode, and me telling myslef, "Damn, I like this guy. Hope he stays for many years to come."

Stuart always seems to step it up a notch in the playoffs. Just another steal for the Wings. Last year he was a beast too, up until the very last game, I think it was. What a time to have your first bad game.

But yeah, Stuart has consistently been one of the best players on the team. I can't believe he's been tossed around so much by teams. I guess he just needed to find a home to prove his worth.

How did we even get Brad. I just remember him showing up in beast mode, and me telling myslef, "Damn, I like this guy. Hope he stays for many years to come."

I just looked it up because I forgot, too. We got him for a 2nd and a 4th round draft pick. Not bad considering how valuable he's been since we got him.

I remember how cool it was when he and Kronner got put together. Wings fans hadn't seen that kind of destruction in a long time at that point.

Check out this site I just found doing a google search for the Brad Stuart trade: It's funny to remember all the negativity at the time. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/11085-nhl-trade-brad-stuart-now-a-red-wing

Edited by VM1138

Guest Lidstromboli

he wasn't good the whole season

been great so far in the playoffs though

This whole season and so far in the playoffs I feel Stuart has been the Wings best and most consistent defenseman. He always throws his weight around and always seems to be in the right area. Everyone talks about Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and rightfully so, but I think Stuart deserves some praise!!!

I couldn't agree more... He's been our best D-man for sure so far this series

Hmm... Well what do you think would put him in the 'above average' or 'great' category?

Do something on the PP. Then again, I can say that about most of the team, but our PP thrives on shots from the point, and Kronwall and Stuart both aren't taking them.

So far though, the games we've played have been what I expect from the Wings, not what would make me say, "wow, we're playing great".