• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

FAO Fans who went to game 5

Rate this topic

quick question: Later in the game (I forget which period), all the fans in the arena suddenly stood up and focused on something that appeared to be happening in the corner of the stands, possibly upper lower bowl. Did anyone get a good glimpse what was going down? If it was a fight, who won?

I heard that a coyotes fan beat up a Wings fan. That's what I heard on twitter.

What what WHAT? :ranting: I wish I could've been there to stand up for that valiant Wings fan. Now if I knew how to fight that statement would be more helpful, but whatever. I'm sure the guy who started the fight got thrown out by security.

taken from the Coyotes HFBoard:

Just got back from the game..Disheartening loss to say the least. The Coyotes looked very good for 12 minutes of the third period, then just fell apart...Yotes are not scoring when the game is on the line and Detroit is. When Detroit does score the BIG goal the Coyotes seem to wilt...

With our backs against the wall, and facing elimination I hope the Yotes can muster up a comeback and win these last two games...

Off-Topic: Man...I've been to countless upon countless hockey games whether it be here in Phoenix or in my native San Jose. I have never gotten into a physical altercation with anybody until tonight.

After the Wings scored their 3rd goal of the game, these Wings fans were celebrating, doing their thing...A Coyotes fan 3 rows in front of me must have pissed off one of the Wings fans by something he said because the Wings fan, Ran up..Took his Wings jersey off (WHY? I have no idea) and got in the face of the Yotes fan nose to nose..A few others nearby included myself jumped in and attempted to separate the two guys but the Wings guy just would not quit and tried to throw a punch at the aforementioned Coyote fan luckily he missed, I got involved a bit too much and hit the WIngs fan, which was dumb I know....I know every fan base has them including our own, but Red Wings fans..don't know how to win or lose for that matter. I was disgusted by the way this ****** bag reacted by WORDS another person said about his favorite team. I'm not proud of hitting the guy myself and luckily Glendale's finest did not take me from my seat, especially after the Wing fan was pointing at me for them to remove me from my seat.

Sorry about my rant guys! just frustrated with tonight's game and all the extra curricular activity after wards! It will be an akward game 7 because that guy has been to all the games I have.

Go Yotes.

can't remember where but I remember reading something about some people falling down the stairs during this rumble too. sounds like the Wings fan was outnumbered... imagine that. why start fights in the oppositions barn, or anywhere?

.A Coyotes fan 3 rows in front of me must have pissed off one of the Wings fans by something he said because the Wings fan, Ran up..Took his Wings jersey off (WHY? I have no idea) and got in the face of the Yotes fan nose to nose..A few others nearby included myself jumped in and attempted to separate the two guys but the Wings guy just would not quit and tried to throw a punch at the aforementioned Coyote fan luckily he missed, I got involved a bit too much and hit the WIngs fan, which was dumb I know....I know every fan base has them including our own, but Red Wings fans..don't know how to win or lose for that matter. I was disgusted by the way this ****** bag reacted by WORDS another person said about his favorite team. I'm not proud of hitting the guy myself and luckily Glendale's finest did not take me from my seat, especially after the Wing fan was pointing at me for them to remove me from my seat.

<_< There are idiots everywhere.

can't remember where but I remember reading something about some people falling down the stairs during this rumble too. sounds like the Wings fan was outnumbered... imagine that. why start fights in the oppositions barn, or anywhere?

Well since it came from a Yotes fan I'm really not putting much weight into that side of the story. Seems odd to me that a Wings fan would go instant mad after being happy from a goal. More than likely they were celebrating and a Yotes fan (they exist?) got pissy and said something like "Sit the F down". Im sure he responded with a "Shut the F up" or a "Scoreboard" and they mutually decided to get into it. Im sure there was alcohol involved.

As for the bolded part sometimes you can help it. Ive gone to multiple international soccer matches where our fanbase is outnumbered 8-1 or worse. If someone else comes looking for trouble there's not much you can do to avoid it.

Seems rather unwise to start something when you're outnumbered, but it happens all the time. I was at game 2 of the quarterfinals last year and I've never seen so much disrespect from opposing fans.

First, while waiting in the longest line ever to take a leak, a CBJ fan started a fight with a Wings fan. Pushing, shoving, you know how it goes... the jackets fan was bigger than the wings fan, too. Finally they went at it and the Blue Jackets fan got LAID OUT ... i mean on the ground just totally down and out. All of the surrounding wings fans started chanting "RED WINGS! RED WINGS! RED WINGS!"

Second, I had upper bowl seats, and some younger CBJ fans were holding these massive, obnoxious signs and they were completely obstructing the view of any fans 2-3 rows behind them. They were clearly asked to keep the signs out of the way but kept fighting with everyone, including some elderly fans. Real tough guys, let me tell you. Tension was building and everyone on our end of the Joe was looking over at them, with their blue afro wigs as they taunted old people and threw things, pushing people, throwing their arms up and being assholes. Finally security came and forced them to leave after what seemed like way too long, and as they were leaving throwing a huge fit, one of them threw their wig at another fan. Some hilarious dude grabbed it mid flight and with it in his hand did a hyper jacking off motion with it. I've never laughed so hard in my life...

They all got told, and on top of that Osgood shut them out. Was a great experience but seriously I'll never understand letting it get to that point. I am a huge fan - i never miss a game, i go to as many games as i can afford, and I never stop talking about hockey, but I would never act like a dick in an arena. No sense in ruining other people's experience over a whole bunch of nothing.

Every fan base has them, unfortunately, our included.

true that, I almost got in a fight twice at Lions games; partially because I speak my mind very quickly and people had the balls to be assholes and expect me not to say something back. 2nd because I was drunk (which isn't cool I know)BUT i never start it.

First, while waiting in the longest line ever to take a leak, a CBJ fan started a fight with a Wings fan. Pushing, shoving, you know how it goes... the jackets fan was bigger than the wings fan, too. Finally they went at it and the Blue Jackets fan got LAID OUT ... i mean on the ground just totally down and out. All of the surrounding wings fans started chanting "RED WINGS! RED WINGS! RED WINGS!"

I remember this -- someone posted a grainy cell phone video right after the fight "ended", when the JLA security staff moved in on the fallen BJ fan. If I remember right, this same fan that got busted up was bragging about it on the Blue Jackets' forum and was either the same person (or knew the other person) that was part of a picture by the Associated Press of putting a Wings' fan in a headlock late in Game 3 (I think) of that series down in Columbus.

Well since it came from a Yotes fan I'm really not putting much weight into that side of the story. Seems odd to me that a Wings fan would go instant mad after being happy from a goal. More than likely they were celebrating and a Yotes fan (they exist?) got pissy and said something like "Sit the F down". Im sure he responded with a "Shut the F up" or a "Scoreboard" and they mutually decided to get into it. Im sure there was alcohol involved.

As for the bolded part sometimes you can help it. Ive gone to multiple international soccer matches where our fanbase is outnumbered 8-1 or worse. If someone else comes looking for trouble there's not much you can do to avoid it.

I believe him. if I were going to tell a discriminating story I wouldn't discriminate against myself. I applaud his honesty.

If you saw the game glimpses of fans it was the 3 Red wings fans (all guys) one was a big guy with a bald head and gottee, the others were a little more heavy set with a ball cap on I think. I know they were involved after analyzing it myself not sure who won or not. Good Wings fans though, they've been there every coyotes home game this series.

If you saw the game glimpses of fans it was the 3 Red wings fans (all guys) one was a big guy with a bald head and gottee, the others were a little more heavy set with a ball cap on I think. I know they were involved after analyzing it myself not sure who won or not. Good Wings fans though, they've been there every coyotes home game this series.

Oh and I forgot to add all three had on RED redwings jerseys hahah you know they came to piss people off, and always had beer in their hands.

I DVR'd the game, if you did you can skim through and you'll see them sitting in the section where everyone was looking in the 3rd period

I was in that arena for game one. Plenty of mangy mutt fans are looking for that type of s***. Came pretty close to a scuffle myself, and I don't drink. My prospective opponent obviously had enough for both of us though.