• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crotty99

Howard's Save

Rate this topic

If we hang on and win this that is the save that won the series. He has come up huge since he had the off-game and Ozzie told him "Just play your game"

He has. Howie has responded beautifully and is the goalie we all came to love this season in the playoffs as well now!

That was the moment in the game that I went from being really worried and uncertain to thinking "The Wings will win this.". Just a huge double-save at a huge moment in the game (and series).

Howie is back to playing like the guy that got us to the playoffs.

Howie is growing exponentially with each game in terms of confidence and experience. And one of the biggest question marks of our team (no playoff experienced goalie blah blah blah ... )is coming along very nicely.

That was the moment in the game that I went from being really worried and uncertain to thinking "The Wings will win this.". Just a huge double-save at a huge moment in the game (and series).

Yes!

I was so tense during the game, then Howie comes up with this and I just laughed to myself. "No way we lose this game now"

We got 3 inches of snow that started yesterday afternoon, so my satellite dish got all covered with wet snow. I started losing my signal as soon as the game started. Of course, my wireless internet antenna got jacked up with snow, too, so I couldn't even listen online. I turned on the boob tube this morning to check the score, and tuned in just in time to this highlight. After seeing this clip, I could only use three words: "Glorious...******* glorious!"

100% agreed. He is the reason that we won this game, and now might be the turning point for the series. Jimmys the man!

This.

That was the reason we won last night. It gave me a lot of energy and adrenaline just cheering in front of my TV, can't imagine how the players feel after a save like that. Jimmy deserved the shutout last night, did everything he needed to win.

I officially apologize to Howard for my comments when the season started. Bravo, Jimmy, Bravo! We often talk about goalies stealing games and series' and Stanley Cups, aside from one goal so far this round, Howard has stood on his chin. Hell even Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur gave up the (more than) occasional bad goal or two. There is no doubt the torch has been passed from Osgood to Howard. I only hope that Howard doesn't fall into the Osgood category in which "He played behind the Red Wings" stays on his back forever.

incredible after playing a less than great game in game 4 he couldnt have responded any better

I sort of liked his shutout in Game 4 though, but of course he could have been ever better and scored a goal or two. We need more production from him.

I sort of liked his shutout in Game 4 though, but of course he could have been ever better and scored a goal or two. We need more production from him.

I lol'd and my dad thought I was crazy.

My girlfriend left me as I told her I was in love with Jimmy. Then I showed her the helmetless save, now I shall show her this one. She sees my angle now.

I officially apologize to Howard for my comments when the season started. Bravo, Jimmy, Bravo! We often talk about goalies stealing games and series' and Stanley Cups, aside from one goal so far this round, Howard has stood on his chin. Hell even Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur gave up the (more than) occasional bad goal or two. There is no doubt the torch has been passed from Osgood to Howard. I only hope that Howard doesn't fall into the Osgood category in which "He played behind the Red Wings" stays on his back forever.

Osgood played on a team with Lidstrom for his entire career. Howard won't. That will be the difference, imo.