• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

4/24 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

:lol: look at the photo nhl.com decided to go with. Why not one of Dupes celebrating? Crosby is a great player and all, but NHL.com really can't get enough of him in these playoffs...

Untitled-3.jpg

Looks Like the people at NHL.com have been reading our thread :P

Untitled-4.jpg

And it's untied....3-2 Sharks.

Tell me what you were going for with that username...

just a random word to use as a name on forums, doesnt have any meaning. if i was any good at thinking up stuff id change it

This San Jose Colorado game does not have playoff intensity. Reminds me of the regular season, still I think SJ is going to close it out tonight, despite me yearning for a game 7.

FREAKING PITTSBURGH.

3-0 Sens, really? :rolleyes:

Yes I'm not happy either. To make it worse. it was Matt cooke who sent it into OT with the second of his goals. They just won't die!

Hmm my avs/sjs feed just went down.

Edited by crotty99

Sorry, my Tebow complex was acting up again.

Sharks are actually gonna move on, wasnt sure they could do it.

yeah, cant even use this name to post on michigan forums. been using this name for 10 years so it had nothing to do with that guy.

The Sharks and Hawks are overrated. Their goaltending is horrible, especially in the playoffs.

Assuming we get past Phoenix of course, bring on SJ.

They scare me a bit, but we did well against them in the regular season and Dats and Hank should be able to shut down their big guns once more.

To be quite honest, I thought that Phoenix was a better team than SJ or Chicago at the end of the season. Phoenix is full of young players that hustle constantly. Bryzgalov is an awesome goalie. I knew that getting Phoenix in the first round was going to be a handful. I knew Phoenix wouldn't make it to the cup finals, but I thought they would surprise some people and advance past the first round. Thats before I knew they were playing the Wings and I hoped I was wrong. :)

Looking forward to the second round, SJ would be a good matchup. Though, I never want to pick my opponent, because the poison you pick always ends up killing you.

The Sharks and Hawks are overrated. Their goaltending is horrible, especially in the playoffs.

Nabokov, as spotty as his performances are, can still steal a game every now and again. Combine that with the way in which the Wings tend to make goaltenders look better than they really are and you have a tough match up.

seems to me that the SJ 2nd line carried this series

This is exactly right. They became the 1st line. They started game 6, and were logging more ice time for the last 3 games. Heatley got hurt and was moved down with the 3rd line. Both Malhotra and Mitchell saw time with Marleau and Thornton, with the latter doing it more. If the "top" line doesn't start contributing in the 2nd round, they wont advance. If they get their s*** together, the team will be dangerous.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well congrats to the sharks for their 1st round win. 2 series could end tomorrow. and three could end on monday. we could be looking at semi final matchups by thursday?

edit: i actually sat through watching the godfather part II without falling asleep just now! and thats after working 12 hours today! (9am-9pm). great movie :clap:

nothing like a mix of playoff hockey/classic movies...and canadian beer! :w00t2: :beerbuddy:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

I agree that the Hawks are overrated, but I don't believe the Sharks are. Not because that I think the Sharks are tops in the west...I don't think there's a clear cut #1...but because I don't think a lot of people really rated the Sharks very high. A lot is deserved. They haven't achieved anything in the postseason, and until they do they will be underachievers. Most people know this and felt that way. I didn't hear anyone pick them to win the Cup this year like they had in years past. I did hear lots of people pick the Blackhawks...hence I think you're right about the Hawks being overrated, but not the Sharks.

I don't know how much of the series that you watched, but aside from game 2 (which the Sharks won anyway), Nabby was very good. Not brilliant, but very good...definitely better than most of the regular season. I'll admit the Avs don't have the offensive talent that other teams in the playoffs will bring, so he still has a lot to prove, but you can only control what you do, not who your opponent will be, and he did a very good job in the 1st round. Hope to see you guys in the next round. :)