• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

4/24 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

No way Hossa should be suspended. It wasnt a vicious hit, careless, yes, but not vicious. He got a 5 minute penalty and I am fine with that.

Like someone else said, Ove is a repeat offender, which is why he got suspended, and his push was a little worse than Hossa's.

I think we can agree that if it was a lesser player, repeat offense or not, we'd probably see a one-game suspension. Like you said, Ovie's suspension was due to being a repeat offender and his star status couldn't help him there. Now if Hossa did it again in Game 6, then there might be an argument for suspension.

Guest Blackhawkdown

I think we can agree that if it was a lesser player, repeat offense or not, we'd probably see a one-game suspension. Like you said, Ovie's suspension was due to being a repeat offender and his star status couldn't help him there. Now if Hossa did it again in Game 6, then there might be an argument for suspension.

Agreed, if it happened again I think he should get suspended as well.

I didn't think Hossa's hit was that bad, just a bad result. Then again, I thought the same thing about Ovechkin's hit. I realize you're supposed to let up in those situations, but they were down with less than a minute to go in a playoff game. It's not like he Bertuzzi'd (much love Bert) him.

Crosby attacking the refs? :P

Ottawa PP. Now would be a good time to get it going again.

Matt Cooke, still a piece of garbage and I'd love to punch him in the face.

I also completely acknowledge that he would then likely kick my ass. :P

Guest Blackhawkdown

I didn't think Hossa's hit was that bad, just a bad result. Then again, I thought the same thing about Ovechkin's hit. I realize you're supposed to let up in those situations, but they were down with less than a minute to go in a playoff game. It's not like he Bertuzzi'd (much love Bert) him.

I agree. Those plays are more careless than vicious. I dont think either players (Hossa or Ove) intent was to hurt the other player, but when a player is off balance like that they just need to be more careful. That slight push could really hurt someone. We lost Campbell for a couple months because of Ove being careless, and that sucked.

I agree. Those plays are more careless than vicious. I dont think either players (Hossa or Ove) intent was to hurt the other player, but when a player is off balance like that they just need to be more careful. That slight push could really hurt someone. We lost Campbell for a couple months because of Ove being careless, and that sucked.

And I think in Ovie's case, it's carelessness combined with an almost childlike excitement and passion for the game. He's such a player that he sometimes lets it get the better of him. I don't for a second believe he intends to go out there and hurt people, not like Tootoo or Cooke who clearly want to take people out of the game.

Hmm. Grapes looks kind of dressed-down today.

I love how Grapes keeps butchering Varly's name. :lol:

Pissed that everyone is talking about CBC coverage and I'm stuck watching VS. At least it's HD.

VS is showing Wings highlights right now though.

Eh, I'm downstairs watching a stream. I keep meaning to get in the shower (got back from the gym in the middle of the 1st) but haven't done it yet. :P

No way Hossa should be suspended. It wasnt a vicious hit, careless, yes, but not vicious. He got a 5 minute penalty and I am fine with that.

Like someone else said, Ove is a repeat offender, which is why he got suspended, and his push was a little worse than Hossa's.

Why are you even in here. You need to be banned.